[RUMOR] Datamine potentially shows SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online

cd8271baa93d761c.jpg

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Explains why they cracked down on ROM sites... But after years and years of sitting on the issue without offering their own stable and reasonable alternative only to end up being half-measures that you have to re-buy with each console because they keep closing their services... Fuck them.

Reactions: hellionz

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source
Anyone else more exited for official snes controllers?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well if the datamine is correct then i'll stand by what i said and if it isn't i'll retract that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
So you can sue literally any company ever for making an exclusive game if it gets ported to another platform years later??

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pffff nintendo,things we see console after console,releasing nes and snes games for it,better try for example gc-n64,who on earth doesnt have the nes and snes games now????????????
Come with something new.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm calling BS on the rumour. The same thing happen for Virtual Console and that never happened. Also retroarch exists for that purpose.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it's better than nothing for those who can't run RetroArch on their switch... Meanwhile we'll be playing N64 and PSX :^)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep can play any of these anytime i want FREE on da shield. nintendo online is a waste of $ and huge failure since it's been cracked already with LAN play. once again they completely fail at online :lol:

Precisely. That's why I never used the online at all. Online itself is worthless and a waste of time. Never used it and never will. I am fine with offline and and play any of these I want for free on my PC/MAC and SNES MINI PAL modified. :)

Reactions: Wheth

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know how it works and i have seen plenty sued for the exact same thing. If the main selling point of the SNES classic was starfox 2 and was told to be an SNES Classic exclusive then that is false advertising.
So when would you like to start the class action lawsuit on SEGA for claiming Sonic The Hedgehog was a SEGA Genesis exclusive and would never appear on a Nintendo console?

Or let's prioritize and get after Nintendo for having Night Trap release on the Switch despite an official statement from themselves many years ago that promised the game would never be on a Nintendo console.

Or perhaps we should do a general case against the likes of EA, Ubisoft, and several other publishers who claimed many of their games were going to be exclusive to one console, and then a few months later suddenly released on other consoles and PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy