[Rumor] Batman: Arkham Origins Coming to PS4, Nextbox

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Rocksteady has made a name for itself with Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, two excellent titles that succeeded where most comic-to-game translations fail. They captured the essence of the character and his universe, and have received great praise for it.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting a new title in the franchise, but Rocksteady has been rather quiet on the subject.

Well, the waiting may soon come to an end...

[​IMG] CVG

According to the rumors, the title will be announced at this year's E3 and should be released in late 2013. Giving this some legitimacy, Warner Bros. informed investors in a recent conference call that there would be a new game in the franchise by the end of the year.

Mark Hamill said that his performance as the Joker in Arkham City would be his last - and considering the note he went out on, it's certainly understandable. I can appreciate Rocksteady not wanting to follow that ending, so a step back in time is a smart move.

Though I have to say - if we're getting Silver Age Batman, is it too much to ask for Adam West?

And since I'm coming up short on Batman jokes and puns (Bat-manageable? The Dork Knight? "Joker? I just met 'er!"), I'm just going to say that I'm pretty excited. And here's a gif.

Attila13 and McHaggis like this.
  2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I hope they will go batman beyond for the one after this. If it comes to the Wii U, I'll wait for the DLC on disc
    one. :P

3. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    I thought Arkham City was the last Rocksteady game?

4. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Wait, wasn't the investor call saying that WB would be making the next Arkham game? And that Rocksteady is working on something entirely different?

Either way, I'm hoping for a sequel and not a prequel. Mainly because of what Azrael said.

5. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I actually like that the next arkham game is a prequel, unlike other prequels, there are no determined outcome or foregone conclusion aside from the fact that Batman is still alive through it.

though that can be said about any Batman media. Think he died in the comics? especially since Dick becomes the new Batman after Bruce's "death"? NOPE, think he died at the end of DK:Rises cause he exploded? NOPE, it's been years in to the future in Batman : Beyond, Bruce is probably dead right? NOPE

6. SnAQ

Member SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Awesomesauce!
    Hope it will come to PC though, because I will probably not buy any of the nextgen consoles except the WiiU which I already have.

7. Rockym

Member Rockym GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's a no brainer, if the next game is the Silver Age Batman. Why wouldn't you use Adam West for the voice. That would just add to my excitement and anticipation for the game. Do it Rocksteady and WB.

8. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    I'm sorry, but all I'm imagining is a Batman game with the Rayman Origins art style.

KingVamp likes this.
  9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    He's a bit older honestly and older voices do sound a bit off (see the From Russia With Love game). Maybe not have him as Batman but have him star as someone else just for the allusion.

10. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Sweet! I really hope it'll come to Wii U as well. Played Arkham City on the console and it was superb!

11. Rockym

Member Rockym GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dunno, I think he still sounds the same on Family Guy. Obviously not exactly how he sounded back in the 60s and 70s but I think it would still work fine today.

12. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    riyaz and KingVamp like this.
  13. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States

Wasn't expecting a handheld spinoff. I'll have to see how that looks and play.

I know I said this before, but I really hope they have Batman Beyond in the works down the line.