Fan modders restore multiplayer content to Batman: Arkham Origins

download.jpg

Being the only game in the Batman: Arkham series not to be developed by Rocksteady, Batman: Arkham Origins has always been the black sheep of the series. Now, it's receiving some unexpected love from a new fan mod, that aims to revive the multiplayer after the servers were shut down five years ago. Origins had two multiplayer modes. First, there was "Invisible Predator Online," which pitted a team of Joker goons against a team of Bane goons killing endlessly-spawning reinforcements in a Blackgate Prison gang war, with a Batman and Robin team trying to put down as many goons as they could as well. This mode also featured power-ups like gadgets from the single player campaign, or ones that let you play as Joker or Bane themselves. There was also "Hunter, Hunted" where a team of three Joker goons and a team of three Bane goons fought against Batman in a last-team-standing deathmatch where each player only has one life.

This new mod will also work with the original multiplayer achievements for Origins, meaning it's the only way to get those achievements now. If you'd like to speak to the team or look for a game, you can check out the mod's Discord server here.

:arrow: Source

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember being terrible at the game. Like everything you learn playing the game in the single player is not translated well into the multiplayer if you're playing as Batman.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Reactions: Chary

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada

Yeah, I remember this one well! I've played it on the 3DS for the first time a few years ago and then got it running on my Wii U too. I know it was also released to PS Vita, but I've got enough of it already, so I've left it aside. But imo it's a good Batman game to play on the go. I'd say it's probably a 6 or 7/10. :)

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr