Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Crow said:
I'm not sure if this is the right way to put this, but it seems like Rudolph performed a double standard here.

He's good an makes fixes for games.
He's then bad and releases an AKAIO crack that allows it to run on other flashcarts without Normatts permission.
other people have been cracking it for a while now and posting the cracks here
all the posts were deleted/ removed from here though

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Crow said:
I'm not sure if this is the right way to put this, but it seems like Rudolph performed a double standard here.

He's then bad and releases an AKAIO crack that allows it to run on other flashcarts without Normatts permission.
"Fixes" to get games running on flashcarts are cracks. The authors and publishers of these games didn't give Rudolph permission to release those cracks. How is cracking software different from cracking software?

The only double standard here belongs to the people that think the software they can't run yet should be cracked but the software they can already run should not.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That guy doesn't want his stuff cracked or hacked but he crack stuffs that are someone's property. He should be banned from internet altogether.

Man I hate the noobs who freaking support the R4, it sucks and need to die.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif
I thought the R4 was already dead.

Apparently, it's undead. So we can either destroy it again and again, or roast it's dark matter with sunlight.

In all seriousness though, in order to even attempt to prevent these things, we would have to keep one step ahead of the crackers.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never understood why the AKAIO team was trying so hard to block clones anyway. It is not as if they are the producers of the originals, so why would anything beyond not explicitly supporting them (which by the way nobody should) be necessary.
With all due respect for everyone involved in the development of AKAIO, I support every action that gives the user more control if he wants to accept the risk of stuff going horribly wrong. This is what defines us, as users of hacks and cracks and mods and whatever, and some of us even developers of that stuff, they should understand it first.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm sad to see Norm stopping work on AKAIO,

I don't think it's for real. Seriously, stop being so gullible.

At least to me, Normatt doesn't seem like the whining pussy others are.

And even if he does stop working on it, it's clearly not because of the cracks. He just said he was expecting it and AKAIO has been cracked before.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Nuclear Crow said:

"Fixes" to get games running on flashcarts are cracks. The authors and publishers of these games didn't give Rudolph permission to release those cracks. How is cracking software different from cracking software?

The only double standard here belongs to the people that think the software they can't run yet should be cracked but the software they can already run should not.
This.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mad props to normatt in all ways, but I don't see why this is a big issue.

In fact I would be flattered that people realize that AKAIO is so awesome that people want it to run on every card.

Just continue working on it and who gives a shit if people want to crack it and run it on unsupported cards.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not upset about this crack, as i said earlier i was expecting it. However that doesn't mean I like my software being cracked. I don't. I also hate clones and anything with 'R4' in its name.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear you but don't let down the tons of people who bought an AK (like me), strictly because of the awesome work you do on AKAIO. I'm hoping you won't, and it's just the usual scene bs about people always threatening to quit this or that. Then again I see 'former AKAIO programmer' in your profile there ....
frown.gif

Maybe there is another way to secure AKAIO to run only on legit AKs that you could put in the next version?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using a clone jakob95 and I believe im in that list,not everyone uses clones,mainly dumb ass people use clones because they don't look stuff up such as reviews. I will love to see further work from Akaio team,I will go as far as paying.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Retrievil said:
I hear you but don't let down the tons of people who bought an AK (like me), strictly because of the awesome work you do on AKAIO.
this

I only bought the AK because of all the good things a friend of mine kept saying about AKAIO.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops the member list I linked up there was supposed to be with all the people with R4 in there names. I guess it didn't work out or something.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Oops the member list I linked up there was supposed to be with all the people with R4 in there names. I guess it didn't work out or something.

Shut the fuck up.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:

Shut the fuck up.
i nominate this here post for the post of the year award!
biggrin.gif

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rofl... i enjoy the exact 50/50 votes after my vote

btw i happen to have an r4ultra, so this is good news for me... if i can find it.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Pendor said:
jakob95 said:

Shut the fuck up.
i nominate this here post for the post of the year award!
biggrin.gif
+1

hammer35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also only got a Acekard2i because of the awesomeness of AKAIO, please do not stop adding to it normatt .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1