Rudolph releases AKAIO 1.5.1 MOD

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Vampirex, Jan 12, 2010.

?

Yes or No?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampirex
    OP

Vampirex Dhampir

Mar 12, 2008
    Canada
    hey guys, i discovered this on ds-scene thought you should know.

Sad news, this might kill AKAIO.. ; ;

2. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    This sucks [​IMG]
    Norrmatt said there was gonna be a new feature which was requested alot?! [​IMG]
    damn i hate these pussies who hack something for retarded nut cases with lame carts damn Rudolph i hate you!
    Norrmatt dont listen to that guy just install a briker in the next update which kills any fake ackard and then laugh while all clones die!
    Whos the fucktard who posted no?

3. Gariscus

Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Jun 5, 2009
    I hate Rudolph... He cracked AKAIO 1.5.1 just because he was jealous(at least that's what I think).

4. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    so it was Rudolph? I can't believe it. I used to have a lot of respect for that guy.

5. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    OH NOES!!! Someone pirated the software I wrote for pirating software!!!1

Seriously though, anyone working on flashcart loaders like this should expect their work to be cracked and reused by any and everyone. That's what you get for working on piracy. Normmatt should be flattered that his work was considered good enough to rip off.

As for hating Rudolph for cracking software, you guys are idiots. Cracking software is pretty much all anyone talks about on this site (except for the off-topic areas); if you hate the idea of cracking software in a way that pisses off the author you shouldn't be using flashcarts to begin with.

6. Fluto

Fluto A potato in disguise

Apr 17, 2009
    The Moon
    wait .... WHAT!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    the point is that norm despises that these chinese cloners are getting rich off of his hard work, pirating is one thing but charging making money off of somebody's work is just bullshit

within minutes of the release of the moonshell 2 beta that locked out use of ysmenu for rom loading, norm had cracked it but did he release the fix? no
    not because he was being greedy but because he had respect for the work of moonlight and if moonlight didn't want rom support in his program then it shouldn't have rom support....

so why should rudolph crack akaio when it's obvious that norm doesn't want clone support in akaio?

8. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    Fucking R4, just fucking up everything.

9. Gariscus

Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Jun 5, 2009
    I don't hate him for cracking software, I hate him for the simple fact that he left users with EZ Flash 3in1+s without full support...

10. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Thats so true dude... [​IMG]

11. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    100% agreed, at least rudolph should have asked, but i believe he/she/it knew tha tthe answer would be no. Its a shame really, the guys down at iplayer didn't want it to play roms, and Norm ditched his ideas about a ROM loader, and Rudolph comes with this crap.

12. Kwartel

Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Apr 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    [​IMG] shot him...

13. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Software pirates have been stealing IP from other software pirates since long before either Normmatt or Rudolph started writing software designed to aid in software piracy (that's actually just a guess, I don't know much about either of them). If Rudolph didn't do it someone else would.

If Normmatt is pissed off because the thing that was obviously going to happen actually happened then that's his problem. If he quits working on AKAIO the fault belongs to him, not the rest of the world.

I'm not saying Rudolph isn't an asshole for doing this, I'm saying everyone with any connection to this industry is an asshole, and everyone knows it. Turnabout is fair play. If you pirate other people's software you deserve to have your own software pirated.

14. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    this.

15. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Why the fuck is everyone upset about this its not like akaio was very secure anyway. It was just a waiting game to see if anyone would actually bother to crack it or not. I do not hate nor should any one hate Rudolph he releases game fixes all the time often before i even have the game myself.

16. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    so why are you quitting then?

17. sepinho

sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Correct me, if I'm wrong, but isn't AKAIO open source?

18. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    no

19. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    well norrmatt if you really are quitting who am i to stop you... [​IMG]
    atleast make the firmware open source so people can take it from where you left off

20. Destructobot

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    All the little kids are scared that you're leaving them. They wouldn't care at all if they thought you were cool with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.