• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
We're going to probably start to see a new wave of "Whats the best flashcart for me" posts from the little kids that are scared.

@Gariscus
I'd wish Rudolph would have release the source to gba exploader, wouldn't mind adding support for nearly every other gba flashcart to it. or a 0.59 release would have have been acceptable before decided to close up shop and burn everyone with half support.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just appreciate your work, Norm, and wish you wouldn't quit because of someone else deciding to get on his high horse.
It's the end users who really love what you have done for our cards that wind up getting hurt
frown.gif

I remember when stuff like this virtually killed the flight sim genre back in the late 90's, with everything that was happening on the newsgroups and so forth...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Falkentyne said:
We just appreciate your work, Norm, and wish you wouldn't quit because of someone else deciding to get on his high horse.
It's the end users who really love what you have done for our cards that wind up getting hurt
frown.gif

I remember when stuff like this virtually killed the flight sim genre back in the late 90's, with everything that was happening on the newsgroups and so forth...
this
frown.gif

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really shouldn't hurt the AKAIO. I mean, so it's been cracked to run on the clones. Big deal. AKAIO is the unofficial firmware for the Acekard. If someone wants to get all the cool features and lose some stability by cracking it so they can run it on a clone, then let them. I for one will stick with the official AKAIO, seeing as how it will run on my card.

If anything, this adds publicity to the AKAIO by saying that no matter what, it is the best firmware out there, better than even the firmware for other cards that it couldn't run on. This isn't really a reason to quit working on the AKAIO. In a way, more people will be wanting it, although they won't be able to run the updates until it gets cracked.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm Ive going back to last year thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134094&st=30 to this member Jakob95, he was tricked in to thinking the AKAIO will be out to all flashcarts but I guess it came true either way lol

QUOTE said:
AKAIO will work for any flashcart in the future.
QUOTE said:
The team is trying to make AKAIO be a replacement firmware for any card. They are trying to DLDl patch it for it to work on any flashcart and it will be able to boot commercial roms also. The AKAIO firmware will be loaded as a homebrew. They said they don't really care about Acekard since Acekard doesn't pay them. I am not really sure but I think this was supposed to be a secret if it is then Mod please delete or edit it.
QUOTE said:
Yes you could... M3 Sakura was ment only to run on the M3. But the Devs of AKAIO want to make this work on all flashcarts
It will work on any other flashcart when version 1.5 comes out... They want every flashcart to use it. And why will they want Acekard to only use AKAIO. Its not like Acekard pays them...

Maybe AKAIO team purposely made the 1.5.1 release hackable, i doubt it though, how ironic when i'm looking back at that thread.

Yes I fully know the AKAIO team didn't want their firmware to work on other flashcarts, I just posted this of how ironic it is and for lolz
tongue.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, technically speaking.

If the save issues with acekards are really caused by AKAIO 1.5.1, then theoretically all of these other carts running this mod will suffer from the same issues as a genuine acekard running 1.5.1.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sad to see Norm stopping work on AKAIO, I really appreciated it and have enjoyed the updates. I suppose if it's any consolation, there's no real doubt who's project this really was. No matter what cart it gets modded to work on, everyone knows AKAIO is Normmatt's baby, as it should be.

Kind of surprised to see it was Rudolph who did this. I never followed him to closely with this scene, but I see a ton of (J) games with fixes by him. It's not a crime, but you'd think two people who are highly esteemed in the scene would have the decency to respect each others wishes, and clearly Norm wanted this for the Acekard only.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this is the right way to put this, but it seems like Rudolph performed a double standard here.

He's good an makes fixes for games.
He's then bad and releases an AKAIO crack that allows it to run on other flashcarts without Normatts permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1