Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:
Thing is, here in NZ (poss aus as well?) the games are actually restricted to 18 or sometimes 16. Nobody cares and just buys them off the internet.
Buy? YOu mean buying from Amazon? Or just downloading them?
smileipb2.png

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
flameiguana said:
Cermage said:
kinda sad when their games are so childish in nature.
how so?

the way the game is set out, you can kill however you want, when you want, practically whatever way you want. its like a kid watching a trail of ants and killing each one slowly with a magnifying glass. its one of the most mindless childish things they can let you do. don't get me wrong though, i enjoy the games from time to time, but the age group that would enjoy this the most would lie in 8-16's because of that. the addition of blood and weapons hardly makes any piece of media mature and exaggerated like it is in gta and a couple other games doesn't help.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^
Just because you have the option to kill who or whatever you want doesn't mean you need to. Kids may do that but those that are mature enough when playing these kind of games wouldn't go around on a killing spree. More options in a game is good thing.. so I don't really see it as childish.

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like really is it not hard to see the M and 17+ rating on the darn thing seriously
Why buy the kid games why not just get them to study or read them a friggin book
better than sticking a 8 yr old on friggin GTA
props to Rockstar

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't tell that to Jack Thompson though, he seems to think that it's companies like Rockstar that are behind the poor decisions and idiocy of youth today when it's the parents who are buying the games for their kids. Sorry but the only people to blame are the parents, those who want to piss and moan about it are the same people who bought the games for their kids.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree 100% with Rockstar. Parents are morons and unless their kids get the games in their own ways, it's their fault and they only have themselves to blame. I've seen countless idiot parents buying GTA games for their young kids. Kids that aren't even old enough to buy a Teen rated game, let alone an M-rated game.

I don't like GTA games in general, but it's not due to violence. At any rate, it is not Rockstar's fault parents are fucking idiots. The ESRB exists to tell people what age a game is appropriate for. And it only shows how much of an idiot you are if you buy a game for your kid without reading the rating and then blame it on some company.

Sadly, this will change nothing what Rockstar said. People are dumb and will blame everything on anyone but themselves. That's another sign of immaturity and idiocy.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
^^^
Just because you have the option to kill who or whatever you want doesn't mean you need to. Kids may do that but those that are mature enough when playing these kind of games wouldn't go around on a killing spree. More options in a game is good thing.. so I don't really see it as childish.

yeah older players may do that, but it doesn't change the fact the main idea behind gta has always been to create as much chaos as you can and the easiest way to do it is by going on a killing spree of sorts.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cermage said:
Anakir said:
^^^

yeah older players may do that, but it doesn't change the fact the main idea behind gta has always been to create as much chaos as you can and the easiest way to do it is by going on a killing spree of sorts.

...So? That's what makes it fun. If you find it "childish" or "immature" then it's not your type of game.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the F, Rockstar? I'm pretty responsible, like i wont go off in streets killing hookers and my mom knows this so i don't see how she is being a "terrible" parent.

This was the stupidest thing Rockstar has ever said.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
What the F, Rockstar? I'm pretty responsible, like i wont go off in streets killing hookers and my mom knows this so i don't see how she is being a "terrible" parent.

This was the stupidest thing Rockstar has ever said.

They're referring to dumb parents who buy the game without fully knowing what it's about and then bitch and moan about how their kid is playing a violent video game. If you're a parent or have parents who buy the game and understand that A) it's not real and B) it is a mature game, then that's fine.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
giratina16 said:
That's a bit of a harsh statement.

No, it's dead accurate. People who buy their kids GTA are not only bad parents, but they must also be mind-numbingly stupid, and grossly incompetent. They're probably also the type that allowed their kids to grow up on McDonald's.
My parents aren't bad parents, they bought me the GTA games because they knew I could separate the gaming world from the real world. I don't really eat McDonald's that often probably once a month if that. Not everyone is a hillbilly you know.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Rockstar, I love you.

There's a reason it's rated M for Mature. It's about damn time they finally said "It's not our fault that you're too much of a dumbass to read a game's rating".

Although smart kids just pirate GTA behind their parents' backs.

That

But yea seriously, if you have a kid under 16 and you wanna be a responsible parent, buy a Wii not an Xbox of PS3 kthxbai

Also its not that GTA inspires kids to go and kill hookers and steal cars but its that it gives kids the illusion that if your a "G" you can get away with it and current society is sadly enough helpingthem by being scared

I say lets not be threathend by those GTA gangsta yoyo cool fo shizzle my fitty cent cap yo a$$ punkass n**** bitch yo and just smack the shit outta em
biggrin.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, this good old debate. Am I the only kid who wasn't really interested in GTA growing up? Even now I'm sitting playing hack'n'slash fantasy games while my mates are playing CoD:MW2. I don't care about shooting people in a realistic environment, I'd much rather play a more escapist game where I cut through demons with a giant sword. I like fantasy, not realism.

Anyway, I agree with Rockstar. If you buy an 18 game for a 10 year old then you're not doing a good job at parenting. I know a lot of my friends had GTA games when they were 12 and it was mainly for bragging rights (I think) but I was never that interested. I knew my parents wouldn't buy them and I was happy with the games me and my brother had.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
Ahh, this good old debate. Am I the only kid who wasn't really interested in GTA growing up? Even now I'm sitting playing hack'n'slash fantasy games while my mates are playing CoD:MW2. I don't care about shooting people in a realistic environment, I'd much rather play a more escapist game where I cut through demons with a giant sword. I like fantasy, not realism.

Anyway, I agree with Rockstar. If you buy an 18 game for a 10 year old then you're not doing a good job at parenting. I know a lot of my friends had GTA games when they were 12 and it was mainly for bragging rights (I think) but I was never that interested. I knew my parents wouldn't buy them and I was happy with the games me and my brother had.
GTA 3 was decent, I found GTA 4 to be boring as fuck. I like mind numbingly stupid and pointless games, but to be honest GTA is overrated for it. I love No More Heroes because it's mindless fun, but there is still a point to the game and you can't just go around killing whoever you want.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I love how everyone blames the parents and yet nobody ever thinks about the jackass in the game store who can't have missed that the game was being brought for an underage child and still did nothing. Ever worse is the mohican'd gimp working in one of my local stores who ID's me just to be a dick head (even though it's common knowledge in every game store that I'm 22 and thus immune to ID tests) and yet will happily sell Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks to a seven year old without batting an eyelid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf