Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star Confirmed Remake?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e7c2122b64da10ee48e99e8.jpg

I'd take this with a grain of salt. He did say they have other projects for the 25th anniversary which means this could be one of them so who knows.

QUOTE said:
In an interview with GameTrailers, Mega Man series producer Takeshi Horinouchi made mention of a "Mega Man Battle Network remake", a possible reference to the recently announced Operate Shooting Star:

GT: What games are you playing for fun right now?

TH: A remake of Megaman Battle Network which I’ve been working on.

We've been hearing rumblings about OSS being a remake for a little while now, and apparently, the confusion of whether or not OSS is a remake derives from Horinouchi himself. To quote the Mega Man Network's Heat Man:

" At the World Hobby Fair earlier in Japan, Horinouchi allegedly said the title is a 'plus alpha port of EXE.' “Plus alpha” is Japanese term meaning “a little something extra,” essentially. More finesse. "

A remake is sounding more and more likely at this point. Let the speculation resume!

For the complete interview, head on over to GameTrailers.

News Source: Protodude's Rockman Corner

664080.jpg

Update #1:
It looks like the possibility of OSS to be a crossover is even bleaker. According to the latest CoroCoro, "the legendary title “EXE1? will be appearing on the DS this winter as a fusion of cards and action RPG." So this looks like a remake indeed. Also, I'd like to note that the quote says "fusion of cards and action RPG" which may be hinting at using the RnR (or Star Force) battle system instead of the 3x3 grid. But this is speculation of my part. More details to come next month.

News Source: COCOROG

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the first BN game was released in 2001, so I guess that's plenty of time between releases. Still, I guess we'll see what happens. They'd better make it worth it. I actually liked Star Force 3 shockingly. Making a simple remake even if they use the Starforce engine seems pretty damn lazy. And most people consider the battle system a downgrade (besides the new 3D graphics).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman Battle Network is a popular game. If it were not, it would not have spawned 6 games (not including the different versions of each game). It's quite a good game, just outdone by some of the rest in the series. It was a nice first start for a new gameplay style and it WAS innovative when it first released (I can't think of anything quite like it at the time).

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Battle Network 1 wasn't even the best one.
Well it wasn't the best, I agree but it was good enough to spawn 5 more sequels plus multiple side-stories. This was also one of the first games released for the Gameboy Advance so you couldn't exactly blame it for not being that great.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
IMO, only the first 3 in the BN series were good. Haven't played 6 yet.
Do it. It's up there with 1-3 IMO. But you can skip 4 and 5. They aren't very fun.

I still don't see this as being a simple remake considering they went to the trouble of not only combining the titles, but having the art have both Megamans together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up