Gaming Rock Band/Guitar Hero with Classic Controller

ChrisRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've seen that the guitar hero controller has an analogue stick and behaves in the wii menu as a classic controller. I've also seen on google that if you connect a guitar to the pc via bluetooth then it is recognised as a classic controller.
My question is though, is it possible to play rock band or guitar hero with the classic controller?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, who would anyway? That takes away the fun and whole point of playing the games. Only Xbox guitars can connect to the PC and you need a special adapter for it, the controllers don't use Bluetooth, Microsoft has their own wireless standard for controllers.

ChrisRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well thanks for the reply but I don't think there was any reason to be quite so harsh. I'm simply asking out of curiosity.
And I'm obviously referring to the wii guitars as this is the wii forums and i mention the wii menu in my question. And the wii does use bluetooth.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No the classic controller doesn't work.
The guitar tells the Wii that a guitar is plugged in (not recognized as a classic controller), but it sends classic controller button presses.

And to DSGamer64, When does he mention Xbox 360 (when he's talking about WII in the WII forum connecting his WII guitar with bluetooth)? And not only Xbox controllers can connect. You can connect with a PS2 controller via USB adapter, a PS3 uses a USB dongle, the Wii uses a bluetooth adapter, the wireless Xbox controllers use a dongle, wired goes straight into your computer.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wiimote does not have a Bluetooth design that is compatible with a normal adapter for your PC. In order for the controller to be recognized for anything, you would need the sensor bar, the Bluetooth functionality is just for turning on the Wii and interacting with the sensor bar.

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
The Wiimote does not have a Bluetooth design that is compatible with a normal adapter for your PC. In order for the controller to be recognized for anything, you would need the sensor bar, the Bluetooth functionality is just for turning on the Wii and interacting with the sensor bar.
Well, no. You keep informing us of thing that no one asked, except that on top of that, you are wrong, wrong and well, wrong again. I would suggest fact checking before jumping in with answer.

The bluetooth is standard, if it wasn't it wouldn't really be bluetooth, as BT is a standard. it is "hard paired" but that is easy to overcome. Otherwise, on the PC it requires a driver, which is not odd or broken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_homebrew#...other_platforms

The bluetooth is the only way the Wii remote communicates with the Wii (or whatever it is paired too. I don't understand where you got any other idea, or why you would want to spread it without checking. edit: Additionally, the remote doesn't communicate with the sensor bar at all. It shouldn't even be called a sensor bar, as it is an emitter. The sensor is in the ...remote. which transmits what it senses via, yep, Bluetooth!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_remote

If you only wanted to use a wiimote as a fancy mouse, you could use a sensor bar, two candles, or two anythings that transmit IR. If that was all you wanted to do with it. There are other things too you can do, and a lot of people are already doing them.

Sorry if this comes off harsh, but you never really helped the OP. The misinformation left at the bottom of the thread just continues to disservice others. To the OP, I wish I could tell you more. It is likely that, since the PC is such an open platform, it would only require a small patch to any driver to mistake a wiitar for a CC or vice versa. I would recommend contacting the developer of GlovePIE directly, he could probably make that tweak in minutes if he already has both controllers.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profezza said:
DSGamer64 said:
Well, no. You keep informing us of thing that no one asked, except that on top of that, you are wrong, wrong and well, wrong again. I would suggest fact checking before jumping in with answer.

The bluetooth is standard, if it wasn't it wouldn't really be bluetooth, as BT is a standard. it is "hard paired" but that is easy to overcome. Otherwise, on the PC it requires a driver, which is not odd or broken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_homebrew#...other_platforms

The bluetooth is the only way the Wii remote communicates with the Wii (or whatever it is paired too. I don't understand where you got any other idea, or why you would want to spread it without checking. edit: Additionally, the remote doesn't communicate with the sensor bar at all. It shouldn't even be called a sensor bar, as it is an emitter. The sensor is in the ...remote. which transmits what it senses via, yep, Bluetooth!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_remote

If you only wanted to use a wiimote as a fancy mouse, you could use a sensor bar, two candles, or two anythings that transmit IR. If that was all you wanted to do with it. There are other things too you can do, and a lot of people are already doing them.

Sorry if this comes off harsh, but you never really helped the OP. The misinformation left at the bottom of the thread just continues to disservice others. To the OP, I wish I could tell you more. It is likely that, since the PC is such an open platform, it would only require a small patch to any driver to mistake a wiitar for a CC or vice versa. I would recommend contacting the developer of GlovePIE directly, he could probably make that tweak in minutes if he already has both controllers.

No one asked you to explain about bluetooth either, did they? The guy gave the OP the answer and gave it a little extra as to which controllers DO connect and which don't (in which he was wrong, but everyone can make mistakes). Now YOU contributed absolutely NOTHING anyone has asked for at all. Don't disrespect users that actually try to help others.

The answer is "no" anyway.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
...In order for the controller to be recognized for anything, you would need the sensor bar.You're stupid. The sensor bar is just a set of infrared lights. You could use the Wii remote without a sensor bar. In fact, you can use it with any set of lights. The sensor bar is only for pointing at the screen.
DSGamer64 said:
...the Bluetooth functionality is just for turning on the Wii and interacting with the sensor bar.The Bluetooth is used for everything. It's used for sending button presses to the Wii, used for transferring Miis from/to the Wii Remote, and it's used for the motion control that's in the Wii Remote. As I said, the sensor bar is just a flimsy piece of plastic that has infrared lights on it.
QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Jul 27 2009, 09:28 PM)
The Wiimote does not have a Bluetooth design that is compatible with a normal adapter for your PC.
What are you talking about? If you press 1 and 2 at the same time while a Bluetooth PC is searching for devices, guess what? It finds a device named "NINTENDO-RVT-CNT-01". What can that be? Oh right, it's the Wii Remote connected to the PC.

To other people: I'm not trying to continue this argument (if it is an argument), but I'm just trying to clear up incorrect info.
And BTW, if you could use the Classic Controller with RB/GH, it would be much harder to use compared to a guitar or a Wii Remote alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.