Hardware Classic controller suddenly not working with homebrew, but only with certain Wiimote

banjonator1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, this topic has already been broached previously in a couple different threads, but i was wondering if there's been any new insight into it;

I have been playing homebrew apps on my Wii for years now, almost exclusively with one wiimote and one classic controller pro. Zero problems. Both OEM. Then, suddenly today, homebrew apps start refusing to acknowledge my CC exists. Works perfectly fine for navigating the wii menu it seems, however!

First I try unplugging and replugging the controller a few times. No luck, and it only makes homebrew apps appear to freeze - like it knows that I've plugged the controller in, but can't tell im doing anything with it.

Next, I try more classic controllers. Another pro, and an original. Nada.

Ok, so following leads from other threads, i next tried a new wiimote. Fixed this time! While this is good news in the short term, it leaves me with questions. All these controllers are OEM, to stave off this line of thought. And, to reiterate, the wiimote still seems to work perfectly fine with classic controller on unmodded applications.

Any thoughts on why my Wii remote is suddenly refusing to relay CC inputs to homebrew apps?? Any ideas what could be done?

UPDATE:

The wii remote in questions seems to no longer detect motion, and no longer rumble. I guess some straw finally broke its back after these years, and my wii no longer thinks it's legitmate? Or it just no longer has the capacity to relay CC information?

Well, to be specific, it no longer can do those things in homebrew, at least according to the homebrew controller diagnostic app i found. Tested the controller out in wario land shake it and it actually seems to do both of those things fine.

Last edited by banjonator1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?