quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
quepaso said:
wii55 said:
Does this mean USB DLC is still a long way from public consumption?

Don't hold your breathe. They dont even have a running beta of RawkSD3, just that ancient proof of concept from the video a while back. I honestly think RawkSD3 is some kind of sadistic joke.

OH MY GOD! You MUST tell me how they made said video if they DIDN'T HAVE A BETA!

(Seriously, thought process failure much?)

Aaron himself said he doesnt even have a functioning beta anymore. Should i believe him or you?

blueowl0708

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SFenton said:
quepaso said:
wii55 said:
Does this mean USB DLC is still a long way from public consumption?

Don't hold your breathe. They dont even have a running beta of RawkSD3, just that ancient proof of concept from the video a while back. I honestly think RawkSD3 is some kind of sadistic joke.

OH MY GOD! You MUST tell me how they made said video if they DIDN'T HAVE A BETA!

What part of "Proof of concept" did you miss there?
wink.gif

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't care about RawkSD3 anymore... With two 4Gb non-SDHC I have more than enought songs to play. I just wish there would be a way to import LegoRB and Band Hero (I hate to swap disks)

malfito

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
the same thing right here...

knaff said:
I keep getting the error :

Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'

when I startup the program.

I've got the rng_key.bin file in the same folder and using it with Beatles Rock Band.

Just tried v.20 but same error, happens when it scans the SD card for the songs.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
malfito said:
the same thing right here...
knaff said:
I keep getting the error :
Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'
when I startup the program.
I've got the rng_key.bin file in the same folder and using it with Beatles Rock Band.
Just tried v.20 but same error, happens when it scans the SD card for the songs.
[20:46]
either he actually found a bug, he is using a bad cios (that mangles dlc), or he did some crazy shit with his customs
because the only time a value in the datatables is converted to a string without first checking if it's null is in the SongName printout
and I don't see how you could possibly have a dbnull song name
It sounds like you have some corrupted DLC. What does your library consist of? Even better if you can figure out which group/song is causing the issue (try reloading the library with different sets of DLC present each time).

malfito

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'll try anything possible, including uncheck almost every field in setting. As result I get this Unhandled exception: "The value for column "PreviewFile" in table "Songs" is DBNull"

Szalkow said:
It sounds like you have some corrupted DLC. What does your library consist of? Even better if you can figure out which group/song is causing the issue (try reloading the library with different sets of DLC present each time).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quepaso said:
SFenton said:
quepaso said:

Aaron himself said he doesnt even have a functioning beta anymore. Should i believe him or you?
Ohnoes, we're doooomed! Except for the following:
- I'm sure he could make a working build in less than 5 minutes
- Aaron is not the only developer
- The code is kept in a SVN repository

Consider: if we'd done a release at the same time as the video, it would have been the first homebrew to load DLC from USB/SDHC and it would have supported partitions other than WBFS before everyone started doing it. It also would have been buggy and near unusable like the other DLC solutions available now (waiting 5 minutes for the game to load is a bug IMO), none of which support customs.
There were people who said we would never finish the original RawkSD, which took nearly 6 weeks of constant work. I don't remember hearing much from them after it was out. This time around we both have less free time and a lot more work to do.

TBH I don't even know why I'm discussing this yet again with someone who has the typical "I'm a pirate and I deserve everything for no effort" attitude. It just gives me even less motivation to finish it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tueidj said:
TBH I don't even know why I'm discussing this yet again with someone who has the typical "I'm a pirate and I deserve everything for no effort" attitude. It just gives me even less motivation to finish it.
Unfortunately there will always be people with that mentality, but plz don't forget about the rest of us who have nothing but profound respect for the work u (and other devs) do.

thx for ur hard work, and I hope a couple kind words here and there can counter-act the loads of BS i'm sure u hear constantly

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
quepaso said:
SFenton said:
quepaso said:

Ohnoes, we're doooomed! Except for the following:
- I'm sure he could make a working build in less than 5 minutes
- Aaron is not the only developer
- The code is kept in a SVN repository

Consider: if we'd done a release at the same time as the video, it would have been the first homebrew to load DLC from USB/SDHC and it would have supported partitions other than WBFS before everyone started doing it. It also would have been buggy and near unusable like the other DLC solutions available now (waiting 5 minutes for the game to load is a bug IMO), none of which support customs.
There were people who said we would never finish the original RawkSD, which took nearly 6 weeks of constant work. I don't remember hearing much from them after it was out. This time around we both have less free time and a lot more work to do.

If you think i have an attitude of someone who thinks they deserve something just because, then fear not, as i do not feel that way. I just give up with you guys pulling strings of people on this forum since 2009 and just teasing over and over. I just hoped this would have been released a long time ago. Now, with all the teasing, talk and talk and talk and the constant replies from the devs "not knowing why i'd bother for pirates!", etc. Just why play games with our emotions? I dont expect anything for free, but it would be nice if you guys would throw us a bone here, its like you're all sadists enjoying the cries of people who have been waiting for this solution to come for a long time.

People release early code all the time and then fix it up later. I dont think a single person here would care if it wasnt 100%. But obviously, its not our code, we didnt do the work, so its not up to us. I realize this.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We made one video that got pulled from youtube. All other information comes from other people or from answering direct questions. We're not doing stupid shit to hype it up like twittering about an impending release, and it's already been stated the person who made the program that is the subject of this thread is not a rawksd developer.

I based my assumption of your attitude on this:
quepaso said:
What an attention whore. This reminds me of Marcan in many ways. Who cares if you achieved something when no one can make use of it. The only way people will care is if they can also use it. People like Waninkoko who actually release their software get the respect they do because we all get to use his excellent developments. If you just want to talk about something you did but not give it out, then you're just a sad whiny attention whore. Nothing else to it.
... yet from previous posts, you seem to be lurking in our IRC channel not willing to own up.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
If you think i have an attitude of someone who thinks they deserve something just because, then fear not, as i do not feel that way. I just give up with you guys pulling strings of people on this forum since 2009 and just teasing over and over. I just hoped this would have been released a long time ago. Now, with all the teasing, talk and talk and talk and the constant replies from the devs "not knowing why i'd bother for pirates!", etc. Just why play games with our emotions? I dont expect anything for free, but it would be nice if you guys would throw us a bone here, its like you're all sadists enjoying the cries of people who have been waiting for this solution to come for a long time.

People release early code all the time and then fix it up later. I dont think a single person here would care if it wasnt 100%. But obviously, its not our code, we didnt do the work, so its not up to us. I realize this.
I think you're childish for assuming malicious intent in an undefined release date. You're also clogging up an unrelated thread and slandering my friends. Take it somewhere else if you must, but really, keep it to yourself.

@Malfito and Knaff:
It will help if you describe what content or combination of content you have (DLC from music store, RawkSD customs, Beatles, parannoyed/omgpirated stuff, etc). You may also be able to figure out which song or group is causing the issue by temporarily moving one group at a time out of your DLC collection and reloading. If we can track down what kind of stuff causes the error then we can tell you how to fix it (or Remfin can fix it if it's a genuine program error).

knaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've only got 6 songs from TB:RB that I downloaded, they are .bin files, copied to SD card from within the game (not in Wii Data Management).

It doesn't get past trying to read the 1st song, but I can try deleting the songs and re-downloading different ones if you want.

They aren't corrupted as I can play them in the game.

I installed the Beatles RB DLC Crack wad and cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14.wad.

Using USB Loader GX, so the DLC is running from the Wii memory.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
knaff said:
Ok, I've only got 6 songs from TB:RB that I downloaded, they are .bin files, copied to SD card from within the game (not in Wii Data Management).

It doesn't get past trying to read the 1st song, but I can try deleting the songs and re-downloading different ones if you want.

They aren't corrupted as I can play them in the game.

I installed the Beatles RB DLC Crack wad and cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14.wad.

Using USB Loader GX, so the DLC is running from the Wii memory.

Have you extract rng_key.bin from nand dump, ita needed for beatles tracks

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
You're also clogging up an unrelated thread and slandering my friends.

Szalkow said:
slandering my friends.

Szalkow said:
my friends.

QUOTE(Szalkow @ Mar 3 2010, 06:26 AM)
friends.

tongue.gif

Anyways, back on track: I'm not sure if it'll work with the Cracked DLC because of something or another (it's kind of what I've come to expect after seeing problem threads and the like.) If you honestly want to further yourself then try to get it from a NAND dump. That said, I don't know much about this program though I've spoken with Remfin about it a few times. (Gosh, saying that nickname sure sounds weird.)

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen, downloading DLC while running under a cIOS (even Hermes' newer ones) can give strange DLC errors, even if it's playable. I'll bug Remfin/Kurdran for specifics.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on getting an error when I try to get songs from my sd card.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
If you click continue. The application will ignore this blah blah.

Unable to cast object of type "System DBNull" to type.

What am I doing wrong?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'PreviewFile' in table 'Songs' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
ÂÂ at RockBandDLCManager.DataSet1.SongsRow.get_PreviewFile()
ÂÂ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
ÂÂ at RockBandDLCManager.MainForm.PopulateData(Boolean DLCCollection)
ÂÂ at RockBandDLCManager.MainForm.MainFormMenuFileChangeSD_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

halp?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this same problem. It seems to be connected to corrupted DLC files, especially with either corrupted or missing song preview. The only way I got past this was making sure that there were no consecutively numbered .bin files that didn't have the small file size/big file size pattern. I then methodically transferred groups of files into the DLC Manager folder until I got no crashing. Saved a few of my DLC's, so at least I didn't have to re-download so many of them.

Hope that helps. It annoyed me pretty good too.

Cheers

vegemikee said:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'PreviewFile' in table 'Songs' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
ÂÂ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
ÂÂ at RockBandDLCManager.MainForm.PopulateData(Boolean DLCCollection)
ÂÂ at RockBandDLCManager.MainForm.MainFormMenuFileChangeSD_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

halp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: