Return Master Quest to Normal?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by purechaos996, Sep 3, 2016.

1. purechaos996
    OP

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    So I was playing through Master Quest on Ocarina of Time 3D when I realized that the entire game is mirrored ala Twilight Princess and all enemies do double damage. The 2x damage wasn't a huge deal, but the reversed map is kinda annoying.

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the game via codes or otherwise to return the map to normal.

2. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    You'd have to mirror every map model in the game and reallocate enemies and so on, as far as I know. Seems like something no one would do.
    Also, this was how Master Quest functioned. It presents a challenge, so please try to beat it.

Asia81 and Ricken like this.
  3. purechaos996
    OP

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    As far as I remember, Master Quest on the gamecube wasn't mirrored. I've beaten it all before, like I said the difficulty doesn't bother me but I suppose that would be a lot of work to just make getting turned around less of a annoyance.

4. Nanquitas

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    It's the principle of this mode. The dungeons are differents too.

As you said, a romhack should be possible but I personally don't see the point of doing all the work required for that. Sorry.