ROM Hack Return Master Quest to Normal?

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing through Master Quest on Ocarina of Time 3D when I realized that the entire game is mirrored ala Twilight Princess and all enemies do double damage. The 2x damage wasn't a huge deal, but the reversed map is kinda annoying.

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the game via codes or otherwise to return the map to normal.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You'd have to mirror every map model in the game and reallocate enemies and so on, as far as I know. Seems like something no one would do.
Also, this was how Master Quest functioned. It presents a challenge, so please try to beat it.

Reactions: Asia81 and Ricken

purechaos996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to mirror every map model in the game and reallocate enemies and so on, as far as I know. Seems like something no one would do.
Also, this was how Master Quest functioned. It presents a challenge, so please try to beat it.

As far as I remember, Master Quest on the gamecube wasn't mirrored. I've beaten it all before, like I said the difficulty doesn't bother me but I suppose that would be a lot of work to just make getting turned around less of a annoyance.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As far as I remember, Master Quest on the gamecube wasn't mirrored. I've beaten it all before, like I said the difficulty doesn't bother me but I suppose that would be a lot of work to just make getting turned around less of a annoyance.
It's the principle of this mode. The dungeons are differents too.

As you said, a romhack should be possible but I personally don't see the point of doing all the work required for that. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte