Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Minilandl: it would help if you were indicating your Retroarch version, which cores you are speaking around, which bios file you use and where you put them....If Retroarch was completly not working, no one would use it on WiiU.....

Best version is the latest: http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.15.0/nintendo/wiiu/
For me, only the Cannonball core is dead.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I´m having some problems with FBA Neo/FBA Alpha. When trying to load Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike on FBA Alpha i only get a black screen for a few seconds and goes back to the menu saying that the content failed to load. I´ve tried with 3 different roms, even with the ones i sue for RetroArch on PC or even Fightcade, and it just says the same thing. IWhen i tried with FBA Neo it seemed to load a bit further, but i just got a black screen instead of going to the RetroArch menu, so basically it froze. Is there anything im doing wrong here?
You're not using the correct set. SF III works perfect on Wii U, so you must search for the right one.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, what's the best core for Taito F3 games? Last time I tried I got a bunch of crashes or very slow gameplay (talking about one frame per second).

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone had success with Amiga CD32 games (both PUAE cores) ? I tested both latest stable and nightly but none worked. I can reach the bios but games do not launch. I have no problem on RA Switch or PC with the same isos and bios files.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone had success with Amiga CD32 games (both PUAE cores) ? I tested both latest stable and nightly but none worked. I can reach the bios but games do not launch. I have no problem on RA Switch or PC with the same isos and bios files.

Check out this github issue page, looks like someone might have gotten it working using different kickstart roms?

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

linkchidori, well it's easy.....Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike is compatible with FBneo/FBA on pc, but doesn't work on wiiU because it's beyond the wiiu limit on the machine, didn't you notice this rom was much bigger than others?​

=> The Wii U has 2GB of RAM (Random Access Memory). However, it should be noted that the system's RAM is divided into two separate pools: 1GB of RAM is allocated to the system's operating system and applications, while the remaining 1GB is dedicated to game software, that mean SF3 need more than 1GB and that mean that only 1GB of memory is necessary for almost all games, Even on a pc with 8GB, almost no program uses all that ram, if the game is reduced, it might work ... when speaking of the .32GB memory, it is the internal memory if you have the deluxe version, which is not the ram, of course.

i'm using (SFIII STRIKER CPS3 rom version) nothing is mame rom, with core fbalpha2012 on wiiu work perfect 60fps

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will try with another KS but this is strange that it does not work on Wii U and works everywhere else.

Unfortunately if you go back through the thread you'll see it's not uncommon for things about the Wii U version of RetroArch to be broken/break due to lack of developers interested in working on Wii U software.

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ho guys. Can anyone help me to get the Atari (Atari800) core to work for me on the Wii U? I want to mount and run a .atr file but I keep getting a message saying that it needs the BIOS file. I have done a search on this thread and I currently have these things set. On my SD card I have retroarch/config/Atari800 folder and it has a Atari800.opt file inside. I also have a retroarch/cores/system folder with ATARIXL.rom file inside. And also in the emulator I have opened Quick Menu-> Core Options and have set the Atari System to 800XL. What am I missing here? Thanks.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ho guys. Can anyone help me to get the Atari (Atari800) core to work for me on the Wii U? I want to mount and run a .atr file but I keep getting a message saying that it needs the BIOS file. I have done a search on this thread and I currently have these things set. On my SD card I have retroarch/config/Atari800 folder and it has a Atari800.opt file inside. I also have a retroarch/cores/system folder with ATARIXL.rom file inside. And also in the emulator I have opened Quick Menu-> Core Options and have set the Atari System to 800XL. What am I missing here? Thanks.

You may be doing everything correct already, but if you haven't yet check the libretro docs here. It probably wouldn't hurt to get all of the bios listed and running an md5 check on the ones you have to make sure you have the correct ones, because I think there may be multiple/bad/outdated bios dumps floating around out there. You might also want to check out your Folders settings to make sure everything is pointing to the correct directories.

edit: also if you check out the github issues page for the core you'll see that this core may have been broken on XBox One and Playstation for years and it doesn't look like any significant work has been done on it for about as long. This seems to be par for the course for cores for systems of a certain vintage - last time I checked the timing/audio on the Intellivison core is so jacked that I can't recommend using it, which afaik means there isn't a good convenient software-emulation solution for that system available.

Last edited by cugel,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be doing everything correct already, but if you haven't yet check the libretro docs here. It probably wouldn't hurt to get all of the bios listed and running an md5 check on the ones you have to make sure you have the correct ones, because I think there may be multiple/bad/outdated bios dumps floating around out there. You might also want to check out your Folders settings to make sure everything is pointing to the correct directories.

Thank you for this. I went to a more reputable Atari source, can't think of where for some reason, and obtained as set of BIOS. Checked the MD5s and they all matched. Once I placed them all in it worked like a hose. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Sowden,
Reactions: Ewpb and cugel

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Minilandl: it would help if you were indicating your Retroarch version, which cores you are speaking around, which bios file you use and where you put them....If Retroarch was completly not working, no one would use it on WiiU.....

Best version is the latest: http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.15.0/nintendo/wiiu/
For me, only the Cannonball core is dead.
retroarch on the wiiu was a very good thing you can play the emulators using the pro controller or the gamepad or any other very good controller just missing the n64 or a saturn on the wiiu but it's a pity that nobody is interested in developing the n64 core on the wiiu.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all its been awhile :)
Things seemed to have gone quiet here again :( I think the main issue is there's not much more that can be done except for Retroarch bug fixes, we don't see much WiiU specific updates new features, anymore, it can be helped, we don't have that many WiiU devs.

Then there's the old things stopping further progress, lack of WiiU GL which would help alot in terms of speed in 3D rendered Cores and the lack of Dynarec support for the handful of Core that use them, this is where we stand as of now:
Picodrive - Dynarec supported on WiiU!!! :D
Dosbox - Dynarec unsupported on WiiU :(
DS - Dynarec unsupported - needs GL on WiiU :(
N64 - Dynarec unsupported -needs GL on WiiU :(
Saturn - Dynarec unsupported - needs GL on WiiU :(
Dreamcast - dynarec unsupported - needs GL on WiiU :(
PSP - Dynarec unsupporrted - needs GL on WiiU :(
Open Lara - needs GL on WiiU :(
Quake 1/2/3 - needs GL on WiiU :(
PS2 (unlikely to run on WiiU) - dynarec unsupported - needs GL on WiiU :(
3DS (unlikely to run on WiiU) - dynarec unsupported - needs GL on WiiU :(

BUT!!

That doesn't mean things haven't been happening in the background ;)
Since last year work has been going on to bring a long awaited and much sought-after Core to the WiiU.
Thanks to the work of Quarky and Lightrec developer Zcrc we now have a :toot:WIP Lightrec enabled Pcsxrearmed Core:toot:
It's still WIP because there's currently a bug where the emulation speed isn't 100% in all games, its seems like the bug is with the WiiU Retroarch port itself, since the (Lightrec enabled) WiiSX port on OG Wii runs the same games fine (on Wii Clocks even!) so still WIP :P
I have no doubt that once this bug is finally fixed the WiiU Pcsxreamed Core will absolutely smoke the Wii WiiSX emulator in terms of performance also I should point out the only reason the Wii Emulators got updated with Lightrec so fast is because all the leg work was done on the WiU months before lol :P
BTW I'm not crapping on the new updated Wii PS1 Emulators I promise, they are great and other choices are awesome, its just native WiiU Emulator's are what we all want here right? :P

What's lacking is developers with the ability to profile the Pcsxreamed Core to see where the issue lies.
So if there's any WiiU devs popping their head in and has the ability to do this it would be massively helpful!!!
So as of right now the WiiSX emulator IS faster in some games than the WiiU Pcsxrearmed Core, but that doesn't mean the WiiU core is useless..
Since it's a Retroarch Core you get all the benefits of Retroarch:
Cheats
Game Covers/Thumbnails
FF mapped to a Button
No Filtering :P (tho that has been removed in Wiistation recently I think) lol
Overlay support
CHD support

Ear warning!!! (all the audio issues you hear in the vid below have since been fixed!!!)

So yea, that's where we currently are, I wish i could have posted a !00% fullspeed PS1 Core since its something we've been hoping for for a long time but although it may not 100% it is pretty damn good and 80-90% of games are fully playable imo and fro the games that are below fullspeed you can always play on WiiSX until this bug is fixed ;)

There are things you can do to get some extra fps out of the games that don't quite reach fullspeed:
You can disable Vsync in the Retroarch Video Settings. (helps for some games)
You can disable Dithering in the In-Game Options. (especially helps in the Crash Bandicoot games)
Also when you finished playing a game CLOSE CONTENT dont just chain load your games otherwise you may get a Console Crash :^)

There's still a PR pending before we get the Core on the Buildbot. but once that's done you can grab it from the Core Updater ;)

Thanks again to Quarky(theawesome) ;) and Zcrc, without them this wouldn't have happened at all :)

Last thing to do is post the WIP Core itself.. Make sure to put your PS1 Bios files in the System Folder ;)

Attachments

• pcsx_rearmed_libretro.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 44

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: