Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

gerazo

Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone have success getting Tyrquake (Quake I core) running on the WiiU?
Tyrquake cores from 1.7.5 and older work for me. Never tested versions between 1.8.0 and 1.7.5 tho.
you can find them here archive.org/download/retroarch-versions/Wii%20U/

Reactions: meeeow

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ploggy, can you help me with something? I'm searching for a bios files for FM-TOWNS, it should be named "fmtowns_cd.rom"+"fmtowns_cd.sys"+"sysrom.fmt" , would someone have it somewhere? They are needed for the np2kai core (fm-town)....would you know these?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mrmagicm This Core?
https://docs.libretro.com/library/neko_project_ii_kai/

np2kai/font.bmp​

Needed to display text - Required​

7da1e5b7c482d4108d22a5b09631d967​

np2kai/FONT.ROM​

Alt font file - Required​

2af6179d7de4893ea0b705c00e9a98d6​

np2kai/bios.rom​

- Required​

e246140dec5124c5e404869a84caefce​

np2kai/itf.rom​

- Required​

e9fc3890963b12cf15d0a2eea5815b72​

np2kai/sound.rom​

- Required​

caf90f22197aed6f14c471c21e64658d​

np2kai/bios9821.rom​

- Optional​

np2kai/d8000.rom​

- Optional​

np2kai/2608_BD.WAV​

YM2608 RYTHM sample - Optional​

np2kai/2608_SD.WAV​

np2kai/2608_TOP.WAV​

np2kai/2608_HH.WAV​

np2kai/2608_TOM.WAV​

np2kai/2608_RIM.WAV​

These are the Bios files required/optional for that core, search google for Retroarch bios archive ;)

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About two-three months ago I updated Retroarch through the homebrew shop. The update took very long, maybe multiple hours. Afterwards I noticed that the GBA emulation loss performance and I frequently get frame drops. What can I do to increase the performance again?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About two-three months ago I updated Retroarch through the homebrew shop. The update took very long, maybe multiple hours. Afterwards I noticed that the GBA emulation loss performance and I frequently get frame drops. What can I do to increase the performance again?
Check the version number of the core and revert back to an older or possibly newer one and I'd recommend just doing it manually.

Reactions: prince_h

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You obviously have internet connected to your WiiU, so why not update your Cores from within Retroarch with the Online Updater?

Also if you've updated from a REALLY old version you may want to delete your Retroarch.cfg due to conflicting settings.

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You obviously have internet connected to your WiiU, so why not update your Cores from within Retroarch with the Online Updater?

Also if you've updated from a REALLY old version you may want to delete your Retroarch.cfg due to conflicting settings.
Check the version number of the core and revert back to an older or possibly newer one and I'd recommend just doing it manually.
Thanks guys. I will try other versions

Reactions: Lostbhoy and ploggy

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ploggy ....Nope, I am searching not for the bios of the Fm-Towns but for the bios of mame2010 which is supposed to be able to launch Fm-Town cds, that why i'm searching for "fmtowns_cd.rom"+"fmtowns_cd.sys"+"sysrom.fmt"....Couldn't find a bios pack with them.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy ....Nope, I am searching not for the bios of the Fm-Towns but for the bios of mame2010 which is supposed to be able to launch Fm-Town cds, that why i'm searching for "fmtowns_cd.rom"+"fmtowns_cd.sys"+"sysrom.fmt"....Couldn't find a bios pack with them.
Is the mame2010 core available for WiiU? or was that mame2009? even that version isn't on the buildbot any more

this? it says the bios are in the latest Mame Romset.. so I guess look for that? :)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed, it's seems it not on wiiu....I must admit, I was trying to make it work on android. Seems a total mess to launch iso fmtwons game on retroarch...

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ploggy...I had the link before from reddit, thanks anyway, but I'm still confused with it because of the "3 - Cmd".
Also, If I have uploaded to the latest mame core, as I understand, I must download the version in order for Fmtowns to work.....So there is a point there, make Fmtowns work or games after version 0.226 to work....Like choosing betwen vanilla and chocolate.
I was here trying to get information on retroarch, because I don't know if there is an android forum about retroarch somewhere.

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: ploggy

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like @GaryOderNichts and/or @Maschell are my only hope when it comes to getting HID support in Retroarch.

The Retroarch github is massively busy with all the other systems when it comes to reporting issues.

I've managed to get HIDtoVPAD to work perfectly, creating a config.ini for a joystick I built with my own fair hands back in 2009 or so. But that is unable to run concurrently with Retroarch due to the way homebrew manages the Wii U memory. The HIDtoVPAD github had a discussion about it back in 2017, https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/issues/43 and it seems the 2017 version of REtroarch had HID support that worked!

But that has regressed and isn't the case now.

I also have Bloopair installed, that also works perfectly with my 8BitDo pad and because it loads into the memory of the Wii U in a different way it continues to work once I've booted into Retroarch!

It's like i'm stuck in the middle of two beautiful rocks of the homebrew scene! i need them to come together, or have a bridge build between them so I can have the best of both worlds.

A HID driver in Tiramisu that doesn't drop out memory on homebrew boot!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like @GaryOderNichts and/or @Maschell are my only hope when it comes to getting HID support in Retroarch.

The Retroarch github is massively busy with all the other systems when it comes to reporting issues.

I've managed to get HIDtoVPAD to work perfectly, creating a config.ini for a joystick I built with my own fair hands back in 2009 or so. But that is unable to run concurrently with Retroarch due to the way homebrew manages the Wii U memory. The HIDtoVPAD github had a discussion about it back in 2017, https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/issues/43 and it seems the 2017 version of REtroarch had HID support that worked!

But that has regressed and isn't the case now.

I also have Bloopair installed, that also works perfectly with my 8BitDo pad and because it loads into the memory of the Wii U in a different way it continues to work once I've booted into Retroarch!

It's like i'm stuck in the middle of two beautiful rocks of the homebrew scene! i need them to come together, or have a bridge build between them so I can have the best of both worlds.

A HID driver in Tiramisu that doesn't drop out memory on homebrew boot!
Yes, Hid2Vpad was added to Retroarch but iirc caused issues so had to be removed which is a shame.
HID support is a planned feature for Bloopair but no clue when that will happen.

Reactions: Ewpb

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a doubling on my recently played playlist. They're Final Burn Neo ROMs, but they appear twice on the recently played with one having the played time correct, the core incorrect and no artwork.

To play Altered Beast I have to click entry with the art work !

Very strange.
PXL_20230301_225333185.jpg
PXL_20230301_225334597.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230301_225331279.jpg
    PXL_20230301_225331279.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20230301_225326948.jpg
    PXL_20230301_225326948.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 20

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is an option somewhere to clean up and/or refresh your playlists and remove doubles/redundant titles. I forget exactly where this option is but it is in there.

That or manually remove them from the playlist txt file is all I can think of.

Reactions: Ewpb and ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a Retroarch port to Aroma in the works but isn't finished yet, for now the best way is to have both Tiramisu and Aroma installed on WiiU then use Environment Loader to boot between the two.. Tira for Retroarch and Aroma for everything else ;)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a Retroarch port to Aroma in the works but isn't finished yet, for now the best way is to have both Tiramisu and Aroma installed on WiiU then use Environment Loader to boot between the two.. Tira for Retroarch and Aroma for everything else ;)

Really looking forward to that Aroma compatible RetroArch tbh, and more so if there's PlayStation and N64 coming to it :P

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?