Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay, done. it makes more sense to report the issues on github.

btw: since the PSX core made some progress the last month and your signature now advertises the bounty more visibly (which is a very good idea!) I added a small amount to the bounty.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay, done. it makes more sense to report the issues on github.

btw: since the PSX core made some progress the last month and your signature now advertises the bounty more visibly (which is a very good idea!) I added a small amount to the bounty.
Thank you for the contribution :) actually the Bounty has been in my sig since 2017 :P

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay... at first, I was totally confused. It is only visible (at least for me) when I am logged in. I have been lurking for almost 2 years and signed up today, so it seemed you just added it.

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I checked it with another browser. Signatures seem to be only visible to signed in users which is unfortunate considering that the bounty deserves some "marketing" to the general public.

Takatoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Someone know how did CrazyMac for his Ultimate build, for passthrough RA convention naming on his customs playlists like "Arcade Collection - Run and Gun", and have device icons and content-icons applied to those custums playlists ?

The icons have to be named like the playlist:
Arcade Collection - Run and Gun.png
Arcade Collection - Run and Gun-content.png

You have to place the icons in the right folder, matching your menu-type and iconset:

CrazyMac uses XMB and the retrosystem icons:
In CrazyMac config: 'retroarch\media\assets\xmb\retrosystem\'
In default Retroarch config : 'retroarch\assets\xmb\retrosystem\'

The Ozone menu doesn't let you choose the iconset, but it uses the icons at 'retroarch\assets\xmb\monochrome\' (tested on pc build, don't know for sure on wii u).

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood don't work for me, same for you guys ?
It's a problem with your cue+bin. I Had the same problem and solved with another cue+bin dump.

EDIT: You can also check your cue. It would not be the first time i renamed a file and not reflected it on the cue.

Last edited by Takatoon,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I checked it with another browser. Signatures seem to be only visible to signed in users which is unfortunate considering that the bounty deserves some "marketing" to the general public.
There's not much that can be done then if that's the case.

EDIT: actually that's not true, news of this Bounty has already done the rounds on reddit and its already known in the Retroarch Discord.

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: meeeow

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the following: Inputs -> Port 1 Controls -> Device Index -> switching from "Gampad" to "Wiimote+Nunchuck Controller".
That locked me out...

Takatoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried the following: Inputs -> Port 1 Controls -> Device Index -> switching from "Gampad" to "Wiimote+Nunchuck Controller".
That locked me out...

Thanks meeeow.

Finally I created a playlist with monkey2.scummvm for testing. It's easy, i though it was more complicated.
To avoid the problem with the gamepad as main controller, i mapped the controller 2 (wii motion + nunchuk) to port1. No luck: you can use the nunchuk analog stick or wiimote digital pad to move the cursor but no point'n click with the wiimote + motion bar. It was a long shot, but i would love to play scummVM games and gungames with the wiimote.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried syscard3.pce, syscard2.pce, syscard1.pce, expresscard.pce and US variants, on core options nothing work.

Go into the Directory settings and see where RetroArch is looking for bios files. The Wii U version of RetroArch has sometimes had it in places other versions of RetroArch don't or the directory isn't even set at all.

Reactions: jul16ares

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks meeeow.

Finally I created a playlist with monkey2.scummvm for testing. It's easy, i though it was more complicated.
To avoid the problem with the gamepad as main controller, i mapped the controller 2 (wii motion + nunchuk) to port1. No luck: you can use the nunchuk analog stick or wiimote digital pad to move the cursor but no point'n click with the wiimote + motion bar. It was a long shot, but i would love to play scummVM games and gungames with the wiimote.
A ScummVM dev told me the RA WiiU port is not official and supported. The port have bad optimisations, in particular for MT32 emulation (cracling sound, and slowdown).

WiiUVC inject or hbl2hbc is a far better option, in my opinion...

Last edited by jul16ares,
Reactions: Takatoon

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
@ploggy I'm sorry to ask this but how is resident evil games including 1.5 as latest wiisxrx re1.5 just crashes? Also I have a little something you may be interested in however I can't specifically say here though inbox me to find out a little more also you may already have them as well but it's for Wii U

Also as for all the work people have done for a retroarch core wouldn't it be easier to improve wiisxrx I mean on Wii U with sign_c2w_patcher all games pretty much hit stable 60fps if they support that rate
Crash 1 & 2 as for 3 it has odd graphical issues and needs better audio implementation support but I'm sure may get a better overall experience

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,
Reactions: jrb0

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all anyone know the correct teps for updating crazymac retroarch to the latest build as his build is 1.77

Edit: never mind I got it sorted
Lol get us some time to answer. Basically it's simple the big step is converting the playlists in newer format even if the old one can work, i thing is a best bet for future. You can use this tool.
https://www.marcrobledo.com/retroarch-playlist-editor/

More on that later, but yes it's a good upgrade

Reactions: sabandellos

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if anyone else saw but the 3DS Retroarch port is getting dual screen support in it's next release :)
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/12470
Could something be taken and added to WiiU? a togglable Keyboard/Mouse for the Gamepad (or just a copy of what is done on 3DS would be great)
130660352-e9bed111-16d1-4398-ae76-c5b23862830e.png

125310964-02558980-e36e-11eb-991b-151684aaa848.png

Last edited by ploggy,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone else saw but the 3DS Retroarch port is getting dual screen support in it's next release :)
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/12470
130660352-e9bed111-16d1-4398-ae76-c5b23862830e.png

125310964-02558980-e36e-11eb-991b-151684aaa848.png

Could something be taken and added to WiiU? a togglable Keyboard/Mouse for the Gamepad (or just a copy of what is done on 3DS would be great)
Looking nice and neat.! I hope they fixed loading retroarch in half time that I dont use retroarch just make a vc inject on N3DSXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok