Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that still slow and laggy just like verison 3 or 2. it would be better if you grab capture video for 3ds
Hmm, well I can't speak for everyone, but it's totally viable for me, I've played a bunch of 3DS games on the Wii U this way and I've enjoyed it. I think it definitely helps to have a New model 3DS. I think your wifi plays a huge part in it to. Mine is really solid, so that probably helps.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tryed ¨compress playlists" in the options, i revert but now xmb is very slow, almost freeze between tabs and even in contents, i don't now how to get back ?
Forgot informations...
RA is v1.9.8, and the build is Crazymac one, with my own adjustements.
Hopefully I've backed up my playlists, when revert back, xmb menu still freeze for 1 min or so, between tabs systems. Maybe the compress playlists option compress thumbnails too ?
Someone can reproduce this issue ? It can be a bug of this option, related to slow I/O of the wiiU
No problems with others menu drivers...

Edit : Ok things came back fine, the problem is Network related obviously. Don't now why but my WiiU struggles to connect to network, and that's messed up RA...

Last edited by jul16ares,

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that still slow and laggy just like verison 3 or 2. it would be better if you grab capture video for 3ds
yeah same here, the blurry and artifact/compressed quality of image and awful lag fps are unbearable (of course there are people who like that, to each their own). NTRview on Wii U is just an average POC. For better and really playable/enjoyable/free stream without a capture card, cuteNTR for Raspberry Pi or Kit Kat for Windows are the best options.
On topic: Really impressed with latest updates for RA on Wii U, using an original A-Data 64 gb SD card loading times with latest fixes are dramatically improved. Hoping to see the PS1 emulator completed soon. :yayu:

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
yeah same here, the blurry and artifact/compressed quality of image and awful lag fps are unbearable (of course there are people who like that, to each their own). NTRview on Wii U is just an average POC. For better and really playable/enjoyable/free stream without a capture card, cuteNTR for Raspberry Pi or Kit Kat for Windows are the best options.
At least some of this doesn't make any sense. When you connect to the 3DS from any NTR streaming client, the client sends a few flags including one for the JPEG image quality, and then the 3DS generates the images to those specifications. You can't get better images by using a different client because the streaming server is creating those. If you're getting more artifacted images in one client than another, it's only because that's what you're telling the 3DS server to send. i.e. If you want better images, configure your settings to request them.

Likewise, the Wii U client doesn't inherently have "awful FPS", you apparently just have awful connectivity on your Wii U. The framerate you'll get in any NTR streaming client is entirely down to the network connection quality between your 3DS, your router, and the client (whether that client is a PC, Raspberry Pi or Wii U). The Wii U's wifi radio isn't the greatest, which is why Nintendo sold a USB ethernet adapter which many people prefer due to the difficulty in getting a decent connection via wifi. If your PC and/or Raspberry Pi have more stable network connections, you'll have a better time using streaming clients on those, but that's got nothing to do with the clients themselves.

The only major exception to the rule of "clients don't matter, network stability does" is how they handle missed/incomplete packets. This is one case where the Wii U client can legitimately be argued to be worse than others, because it trades some latency reduction for poor handling of bad packets, which can result in flickering/corrupted frames instead of dropping those frames as other clients do. If your network is stable, this isn't often a problem, but if your Wii U is missing a lot of packets you'll have a better time on a different platform where a) packet loss is handled better or b) packet loss doesn't happen as often due to a smoother network connection.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
Back from holidays, upgraded from 1.9.5 to 1.9.7. What a BIG improve in loading times !!!
Unfortunately Cannonball is still not working for me. Can someone test just to be sure the problem is not on my side ?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Back from holidays, upgraded from 1.9.5 to 1.9.7. What a BIG improve in loading times !!!
Unfortunately Cannonball is still not working for me. Can someone test just to be sure the problem is not on my side ?
I think I had issues with this Core too when I last tried it, some thing like freezing when I try to start the game?

Can you post your issue here? There's more chance of issue getting looked at by the right people and fixed that way ;)
https://github.com/libretro/cannonball/issues

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I had issues with this Core too when I last tried it, some thing like freezing when I try to start the game?

Can you post your issue here? There's more chance of issue getting looked at by the right people and fixed that way ;)
https://github.com/libretro/cannonball/issues

Hi,
Yes, exactly the same issue as you.
Just posted the request in the "issues" section, thanx for the link.

Reactions: ploggy

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need the ScummVM port to not be a broken mess.
Yeah what is the status of ScummVM in Retroarch on Wii U right now? Does the touch screen function properly or not? And is adding new titles still the nightmare that it had been?

For that matter can anyone let me know what Dosbox is like on Wii U, I haven't checked that core in a long time, and I kinda forgot about it. Curious if games play well enough for the Wii U to be a viable place to play Dos games or not.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For that matter can anyone let me know what Dosbox is like on Wii U, I haven't checked that core in a long time, and I kinda forgot about it. Curious if games play well enough for the Wii U to be a viable place to play Dos games or not.

Hi

Tried it recently with Outrun / Day of the Tentacle / Vroom. The games seem to run well but I had no keyboard and I didn't manage to map PC Joystick on the controller.

Last edited by 20100,
Reactions: MikaDubbz

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Did something happened to the shaders support? now they only show up when I enable unknown extensions on the file explorer settings, but still unable to apply them.

And yes, my shaders are compiled for the Wii U GPU, I've been using them with previous versions of RetroArch.

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone know how did CrazyMac for his Ultimate build, for passthrough RA convention naming on his customs playlists like "Arcade Collection - Run and Gun", and have device icons and content-icons applied to those custums playlists ?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Working fine here with the PCE Fast Core, haven't tried any of the other PCE Cores :)
Make sure you have the correct Bios in the system folder ;)
Run it with Beetle PCE Fast core, other games run well...:blink:
Do you get this sort of bioses xxx.pce ? Guess i use uni-bios ??

Last edited by jul16ares,

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah what is the status of ScummVM in Retroarch on Wii U right now? Does the touch screen function properly or not? And is adding new titles still the nightmare that it had been?
The touch screen works fine in ScummVM (on RA 1.9.8).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem running Quake 1 (Tyrquake v.062) on Retroarch (v1.9.8) builds for a while.
It did work 1-2 years ago but I do not have theses cores anymore. Maybe someone knows what the problem is?

The game boots but when selecting "New Game" the core raises the following error:
HOST ERROR: SV_WRITESOUNDNUM: UNKNOWN PROTOCOL VERSION (-34232865)

Yeah, well, and vita Quake 2 crashes during start up with a memory mapping (?) error but I guess vita Quake is just too experimental at the current time.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Run it with Beetle PCE Fast core, other games run well...:blink:
Do you get this sort of bioses xxx.pce ? Guess i use uni-bios ??
You need the file syscard3.pce in the system folder.

The touch screen works fine in ScummVM (on RA 1.9.8).

I have a problem running Quake 1 (Tyrquake v.062) on Retroarch (v1.9.8) builds for a while.
It did work 1-2 years ago but I do not have theses cores anymore. Maybe someone knows what the problem is?

The game boots but when selecting "New Game" the core raises the following error:
HOST ERROR: SV_WRITESOUNDNUM: UNKNOWN PROTOCOL VERSION (-34232865)

Yeah, well, and vita Quake 2 crashes during start up with a memory mapping (?) error but I guess vita Quake is just too experimental at the current time.
Please post your Tyrquake issue here https://github.com/libretro/tyrquake/issues so the right people can see and fix your issue :)
and the Vitaquake2 issue here: https://github.com/libretro/vitaquake2/issues :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part