Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone having trouble playing King of Fighters 98? The game restarts randomly or the camera freezes in some stages.

Incure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What a nice progression on RetroArch for the Wii U! I eventually got so fed up with the loading times and SD card corruptions that I put it to rest for some time and now it seems that the controller issue (with all users can control the menu so you don't need the Gamepad) is the only thing left for making it playable again and for me to try it again.

The best advantage of the Wii U version of RetroArch is the great amount of controllers you can use, including the SNES en NES controllers from the mini versions by simply plugin them into a Wii remote. The Wii U itself is a of course already a great machine to play Wii U, Wii and GameCube games on with (almost) the original hardware, where you can use the same set of synced controllers on RetroArch.

So having a usable RetroArch on Wii U is for me not a novelty, but completing the Wii U as the all-in-one retro console station. Keep up the good work!

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yep. Others roms give me the same problem, maybe is my neogeo bios.
Are you using ROMs for the exact version/s of FB Neo/Alpha that you're using? Arcade ROMs change comparatively often as new protection is understood, more data is able to be dumped, etc. If your dumps don't match the version of the emulator you're using you can expect issues.

Reactions: fmhugo

George -Woody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi everybody. Im a big fan of emulation, and retroarch is by far the best experiencie emulating retro consoles (For me at least)

The last update we received is notoriously faster, but there 's somethig, that I dont know if is it normal on wiiu version or just happens to me, and is the fact everytime I close content, of any core, retroarch goes back to the main menú (as if it resets) , and not to the menu of the game.

This always happened to me on retroarch wii u, but not on others systems like linux, ps3 or psx classic...

This is normal? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi POT-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi everybody. Im a big fan of emulation, and retroarch is by far the best experiencie emulating retro consoles (For me at least)

The last update we received is notoriously faster, but there 's somethig, that I dont know if is it normal on wiiu version or just happens to me, and is the fact everytime I close content, of any core, retroarch goes back to the main menú (as if it resets) , and not to the menu of the game.

This always happened to me on retroarch wii u, but not on others systems like linux, ps3 or psx classic...

This is normal? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

If by "main menu" you are talking about the Wii U Menu, then the "menu of the game" is the RetroArch menu, not the menu of a game. And this is normal if you use the "Quit RetroArch" option instead of using "Close Content" on the Quick Menu.

George -Woody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If by "main menu" you are talking about the Wii U Menu, then the "menu of the game" is the RetroArch menu, not the menu of a game. And this is normal if you use the "Quit RetroArch" option instead of using "Close Content" on the Quick Menu.
Thanks For answerme, but no...

Im not english native, I'll try make myself understand better...

After I "close content", it suppose to return to "run", "rename", "remove" etc menú.... And then press "back" button, and go back to the same playslist Im in.. But when I close content, inmediatly goes back to retroarch "main menú". This behavior always happened to me, with every versión of RA wii u. But no with linux, ps3 or psx classic.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks For answerme, but no...

Im not english native, I'll try make myself understand better...

After I "close content", it suppose to return to "run", "rename", "remove" etc menú.... And then press "back" button, and go back to the same playslist Im in.. But when I close content, inmediatly goes back to retroarch "main menú". This behavior always happened to me, with every versión of RA wii u. But no with linux, ps3 or psx classic.

Got it, and yeah, that's normal on the Wii U.

Reactions: George -Woody

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I wont close it until you confirm ;)

PS1 UPDATE:
Good news PS1 lovers the PS1 Dynarec on WiiU works!! it was a bit touch and go whether the Dynarec could be run on WiiU, but luckily it seems to be running.. ok.. its not the lightning fast speed increase I thought it was going to be but it runs :)
Mad thanks to Quarky for the fixes that got the Dynarec running on WiiU!! Thank You mate!!
Next is to see if Embercold can tweak the Dynarec to get some more speed out of it and also to add their polyfill
("What I'm making is a polyfill, basically, an implementation of the missing libraries using libogc functions. These tend to be small, so once I'm done with the interfaces, I'll likely have both the Wii and WiiU versions done fast. Then I'll have to test and maybe repair the multithreaded gpulib.") and then Lightrec (another Dynarec!!) we hoped for Dynarec running on PS1 WiiU then we end up getting TWO!! :) :) :)

I made an initial games comparison, with Dynarec on/off (remember still early days, Games will get faster)
Bust A Move 2 (has no background music)
Rec on=48 FPS Rec off=43 FPS (the FPS doesn't really convey the speed improvement, its quite noticeable)
128618517-90ea59e8-46d4-4903-8c95-0bd231398257.png

Castlevania
Rec on=54 FPS Rec off=45 FPS
128618530-3fe8a8f5-ca4c-4396-9894-1ffdf16674f5.png
)
Colin McRae Rally
Rec on=24 Rec off=40 (this is one of those games that actually performs worse with Rec on)
128618535-b48ed752-f48e-4bde-b435-fdde64b9b74e.png

Cool Boarders 2
Rec on=44 Rec off=45 (this games FPS doesnt convey the games speed difference, the game does run faster with Rec on even tho the FPS suggests its slower)
128618540-41b376ac-8806-46bb-a28c-8a8995162137.png

Megaman X4
Rec on=54 Rec off=45
128618545-34490bb0-28dc-402d-8e48-25c054503ad7.png

Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Rec on=59 Rec off=48 (feels fullspeed, no background music though)
128618548-3935a2a3-9551-43b7-bc41-5a902a07631e.png

Pandemonium!
Rec on=54 Rec off=47
128618558-0d6562ea-5fe4-42d1-bebe-0a58d52b05ab.png

R-type Delta
Rec on=(fluctuates wildly) Rec off=38 (definitely worse with Rec on)
128618561-182f65ed-f3e6-4600-a09e-dd6ffa54e722.png

Those are the games I've tested so far :) It's great.. the Dynarec WORKS!! lol

More info: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4852

EDIT: fix pics:P

Are we finally getting close to the dream?

ARE WE!?

Reactions: ploggy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Indeed, but closer than the last time i looked at it.

Enough to get me hyped. I can wait as much as necessary
the problem is that the dev doesnt even have a wiiu to test and never coded on wiiu at all so he is going on kind of guesses here and there so the road may be bumpy lol.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are we finally getting close to the dream?

ARE WE!?
Closer yes. but there's still work to do :)

the problem is that the dev doesnt even have a wiiu to test and never coded on wiiu at all so he is going on kind of guesses here and there so the road may be bumpy lol.
That's true, embercold is coding and testing with dolphin :/ not great but what else can they do? Decaf and Cemu cant emulate Retroach so that's not an option either..
Unless someone wants to donate a WiiU Dolphin's going to have to do for now :P

Lightrec is next to be added, hope it all goes smooth :)

willianholtz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.menteinsanabfs.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Wooooow, today I'm testing the latest BUILD (daily), and it's super fast to open my roms via SD, it was incredibly fast. It's a shame the pro controller isn't working

I've been out of RA updates for a while. I'll have to read all the latest reviews calmly to stay up to date.

Reactions: Incure and fmhugo

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wooooow, today I'm testing the latest BUILD (daily), and it's super fast to open my roms via SD, it was incredibly fast. It's a shame the pro controller isn't working

I've been out of RA updates for a while. I'll have to read all the latest reviews calmly to stay up to date.
gotta go fast

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PC Engine Cores do not work. So the controller input doesn't work, I tried Neutopia today, hangs. The only one that works is PC Engine Fast, but Neutopia hangs there too.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PC Engine Cores do not work. So the controller input doesn't work, I tried Neutopia today, hangs. The only one that works is PC Engine Fast, but Neutopia hangs there too.
I just tried Neutopia on all 3 PC Engine Cores and I didn't get any hangs ? Do you have the required bios files?
Try a different version of the rom (Neutopia (U).pce)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo