Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 do you know if Doom64 is compatible with prboom? :lol:
You mean the mod?
I'm not sure.
I manage to make a Frankenwad for Wolfendoom which booted up in RA for PC but that was it.
I still had the DEH files left to be added and no custom music for it, so I gave up since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to load PrBoom mods in RA.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL only support IR pointing and touchscreen to select apps, so it's not possible launch an app with CC Pro/Wii U Pro Controller.

EXCEPT by using this HBL build by @CreeperMario

Been looking for this! Thank you!

How stable is 1.6.0? Any new cores worth mentioning?

I'm still on 1.5.0 with the XMB option and don't really have that much problems unless I switch cores on the fly without closing them. Is it really worth updating atm?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm still on 1.5.0 with the XMB option and don't really have that much problems unless I switch cores on the fly without closing them. Is it really worth updating atm?

If you want rudimentary netplay, sure, but it doesn't work with all cores, other than that, not sure.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

1.6.0 is reported to be stable again. No new cores as far as I know.
You should definitely update since 1.5.0 is even worse than 1.4.1 in terms of stability.

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I´ve been using 1.6.0 since last week. Made a lot of tests loading mostly Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40 and MAME 2003 roms.

I´m experiencing random dsi errors after loading 6 or more roms. Sometimes it crashes after 10 or more roms loaded. I´m using Haxchi+CFW and the Retroarch Channel.

I´m not finished yet testing Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40 romset, but so far i realized that many Konami roms have bad graphics or show black screen, so it's better to use the respective MAME2003 roms for Konami. The Kaneko roms are the worst, most gave me dsi errors. Most of the PGM roms run, but very slowly. The new Taito F3 roms gave me a memory error code (not DSI, i don´t remember the exact code). CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Cave, Neo Geo and Psykio run very well. I'm still testing the other systems, Toaplan and Sega seems to run well.

I've also tested these problematic games with the same romset (0.2.97.40) on retroarch PC 1.6.0 and all of them worked well. I´ve also tested the respective roms from Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.30 romset with the Final Burn Alpha 2012 core and they all gave me the same results as with Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40, so i believe it´s a limitation of the Wiiu hardware or the Final Burn Alpha cores aren't optmized for WiiU.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.6.0 is reported to be stable again. No new cores as far as I know.
You should definitely update since 1.5.0 is even worse than 1.4.1 in terms of stability.

Odd, I'm on 1.5.0 right now (vanilla), I haven't had a single DSI system error :unsure: I guess for users its a YMMV thing.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I´ve been using 1.6.0 since last week. Made a lot of tests loading mostly Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40 and MAME 2003 roms.

I´m experiencing random dsi errors after loading 6 or more roms. Sometimes it crashes after 10 or more roms loaded. I´m using Haxchi+CFW and the Retroarch Channel.

I´m not finished yet testing Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40 romset, but so far i realized that many Konami roms have bad graphics or show black screen, so it's better to use the respective MAME2003 roms for Konami. The Kaneko roms are the worst, most gave me dsi errors. Most of the PGM roms run, but very slowly. The new Taito F3 roms gave me a memory error code (not DSI, i don´t remember the exact code). CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, Cave, Neo Geo and Psykio run very well. I'm still testing the other systems, Toaplan and Sega seems to run well.

I've also tested these problematic games with the same romset (0.2.97.40) on retroarch PC 1.6.0 and all of them worked well. I´ve also tested the respective roms from Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.30 romset with the Final Burn Alpha 2012 core and they all gave me the same results as with Final Burn Alpha 0.2.97.40, so i believe it´s a limitation of the Wiiu hardware or the Final Burn Alpha cores aren't optmized for WiiU.
Arcade is a hit or miss thing, just as example Capcom's Commando runs decently on mame2003 but in FBA2012 the music sound all compresed. SNK runs pretty much flawless for me in FBA, same with CPS2/CPS3 with FBA2012, but I found that old Capcom games as Vulgus, Gun.Smoke, Commando have issues in FBA2012 (Vulgus throw me dsi error). It's kinda hard recommend one core over other but at least in my experience mame2003 has overall better performance and compatibility for older games.

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Arcade is a hit or miss thing, just as example Capcom's Commando runs decently on mame2003 but in FBA2012 the music sound all compresed. SNK runs pretty much flawless for me in FBA, same with CPS2/CPS3 with FBA2012, but I found that old Capcom games as Vulgus, Gun.Smoke, Commando have issues in FBA2012 (Vulgus throw me dsi error). It's kinda hard recommend one core over other but at least in my experience mame2003 has overall better performance and compatibility for older games.
FBA 0.2.97.40 has many newer games that aren't preset in the MAME 2003 romset. It would be nice to play them in the WiiU, as they run in my PC without problems in the same Retroarch core. If it's not a hardware limitation on the WiiU side, let's hope someone can optmize the FBA 0.2.97.40 core for the WiiU hardware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you swapped out the main RetroArch RPX app with the mGBA core, and renamed it as simply retroarch.rpx? That seems to be a permanent workaround.

Yes, i did that.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBA 0.2.97.40 has many newer games that aren't preset in the MAME 2003 romset. It would be nice to play them in the WiiU, as they run in my PC without problems in the same Retroarch core. If it's not a hardware limitation on the WiiU side, let's hope someone can optmize the FBA 0.2.97.40 core for the WiiU hardware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, i did that.

Oh...that's really weird, do other cores exhibit that behavior?

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure... Have you tried loading Capcom vs SNK? It doesn't load for me, give me dsi error, it 'should' work as it is CPS3 game :unsure:
Capcom vs SNK uses the NeoGeo hardware. I don't remeber testing this rom. Will try tonight when i get home and tell you, i'm at work now.:(

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using Haxchi+CFW? Also, did you try to load many roms in sequence?
I use Mocha CFW and have tried loading multiple roms with zero dsi errors.

@cucholix Capcom vs SNK is a Neogeo game it runs perfectly using the Neogeo core I play it all the time.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: cucholix

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't want to sound pedantic, but Capcom vs. SNK is not a Neo Geo game, that's a Sega NAOMI game. All of you are talking about SNK vs. Capcom, which is indeed a Neo Geo game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.