Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use 3dsx version. Avoid cia version.
Like I said, I have to reboot around twice every time I want to use an emulator (sometimes more, since booting into emuNAND isn't always 100% stable), so it's alright for now but isn't the ideal solution moving forward.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it seems like some of the .3dsx Emus, when shown under HBLDR have the same Icons and have the same Name so it is hard to see which is which.
Also, nestopia_libretro only has the .smdh file

Last edited by Smoker1,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Maybe if the cia's were compiled with an exheader derived from Binding of Isaac's, they would boot into N3DS mode and have the extra CPU speed?
lol, just musing.

Reactions: Margen67

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's not possible to make a 3dsx of nestopia, not sure why but you can go over 4.4mb for those.

The .cia versions compiled from the same exact sources so I don't know why are they so slow. They were added to give people choice. Hopefully it's just a tool chain issue or somethin like that.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Been having issues with Gpsp, I have the bios in the right place (however it might be the cause of the issue as I don't know if its corrupt) I've tried with 2 games: Minish Cap and Mario and Luigi Superstar saga, Minish Cap hangs on the file select screen (when I say hung I mean hung, the icons for the files just sit at the edge of the screen and spaz) and my controls die. With Superstar Saga I just get a white screen and low framerate (Minish Cap runs at 60 whereas this runs at around 20) Using N3DS XL 9.9.0-26E

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what're the chances that we'll be seeing N64 emulation on the 3DS in the future (There is hope and also a lot of doubt in my heart)

We're seeing the birth of proper GBA emulation at the moment so I guess we'll have to be patient before seeing a 3D capable console emulated on the 3DS or n3DS. In my opinion the n3DS could do n64 emulation but it'll take time if it has to happen. I think the first 3D capable console to emulate would be the PSOne as afaik it's easier to emulate than the n64 then maybe we could see n64 coming,...

Reactions: Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We're seeing the birth of proper GBA emulation at the moment, in my opinion the n3DS could do n64 emulation but it'll take time if it has to happen, the first 3D capable console to emulate would be the PSOne I think it's easier to emulate than the n64 then maybe we could see n64 coming,...
Sounds reasonable, I mean we already have a PSOne Emulator in the works so it's just a matter of time before we figure out what the 3DS is capable of.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Playing Kirby the crystal shard on the 3DS with stereoscopic 3D would be blasting imo, far more blasting than those Kirby games we get nowadays,...
Yeah, that would rock!

Unfortunately, that will never happen. Emulation with stereoscopic 3D on NES will probably never happen, SNES is more unlikely and N64 is a big NO...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Is it possible that someone can make a cfg for the genesis emu so it runs at near (or close to) fullspeed on the o3ds, even it that means sacrificing 60fps?

That's not possible. Picodrive code might be running slightly faster than Genesis Plus GX because it is optimized for ARM CPU but o3ds still has too weak CPU to run such emulators unless they are entirely rewritten to specifically use 3ds hardware to mimic emulated hardware (with unavoidable loss of compatibility) like BlargSNES for example.

Last edited by Jacobeian,
Reactions: SLiV3R

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having issues with Gpsp, I have the bios in the right place (however it might be the cause of the issue as I don't know if its corrupt) I've tried with 2 games: Minish Cap and Mario and Luigi Superstar saga, Minish Cap hangs on the file select screen (when I say hung I mean hung, the icons for the files just sit at the edge of the screen and spaz) and my controls die. With Superstar Saga I just get a white screen and low framerate (Minish Cap runs at 60 whereas this runs at around 20) Using N3DS XL 9.9.0-26E
Check the path and name of the file. SD://retroarch/cores/system/gba_bios.bin

And @Margen67 could you not like every single post of mine? I woke up to 48 alerts today. Lol.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible to make a 3dsx of nestopia, not sure why but you can go over 4.4mb for those.

The .cia versions compiled from the same exact sources so I don't know why are they so slow. They were added to give people choice. Hopefully it's just a tool chain issue or somethin like that.
In my experience, the .cia versions are usually slower then their .3dsx counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q