Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can verify that on every build: launch retroarch, in the menu select Information/System Information and check "7zip support" and "Zlib support".
By the way, PC-Engine CD images crashes too for me.

Apologies for this; If you use newer builds with the updated retroarch.cfg (To allow XMB menu to work), the directory has changed:

For all BIOS files, redirect them from ux0:data/retroarch/cores/system to ux0:data/retroarch/system.

I will make the necessary edit to the OP shortly...

HonorTheKid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I configure 4 controllers in Final Burn Alpha? It seems to auto configure 2 controllers, but doesn't recognize the other 2 I have synced to my PSTV. Tried doing it manually through input settings, but it still doesn't recognize the other controllers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bopz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry to bother you guys, but i just installed the latest nightlies (2016-09-16_RetroArch.7z) i then created a folder in root of ux0 names ROMS, then a subfolder names GBA, and finally putted my .gba roms in it.
the problem is that when i launch retroarch and try to load a rom, i can only see the ROMS folder and nuthin else in it, no GBA folders and no roms listed. what's the problem?

xoleras20099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bother you guys, but i just installed the latest nightlies (2016-09-16_RetroArch.7z) i then created a folder in root of ux0 names ROMS, then a subfolder names GBA, and finally putted my .gba roms in it.
the problem is that when i launch retroarch and try to load a rom, i can only see the ROMS folder and nuthin else in it, no GBA folders and no roms listed. what's the problem?
Unzip your roms.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they are unzipped but it's not the problem either as retroarch can manage zipped roms.

Have you tried moving your folders from the root into the 'data' folder. I don't know why, but that did the trick for me when I had a recent similar issue.

VioLee

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any reason to use FBA2012 CPS-1, CPS-2, Neogeo etc instead of just FBA for everything? It seems to load ROMs for these systems just right, and it has Control Remapping support from the Quick Menu which the others lack.

Also, is overlay support broken on the latest nightlies? When I apply an overlay preset, Retroarch crashes...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The separate cores for CPS 1/2/NeoGeo were originally intended for the 3DS where RAM is more limited and the main FBA core is huge. They're probably less necessary on the Vita.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I did rebuild database and now I lost all my RA icons :'(

That's kinda supposed to happen.
With HENkaku, DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER use the Vita's default Database Rebuilder.
It generally kills any and all "custom" icons. This includes VHBL clone bubbles, custom PSP bubbles... and yes, Vita bubbles.
Delete them from CMA if they still exist and reinstall.

The separate cores for CPS 1/2/NeoGeo were originally intended for the 3DS where RAM is more limited and the main FBA core is huge. They're probably less necessary on the Vita.

This.

Reactions: cvskid and Joe007

VioLee

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's kinda supposed to happen.
With HENkaku, DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER use the Vita's default Database Rebuilder.
It generally kills any and all "custom" icons. This includes VHBL clone bubbles, custom PSP bubbles... and yes, Vita bubbles.
Delete them from CMA if they still exist and reinstall.

This.

For some reason after a reboot, Vita rebuilt database without me asking for it. Is there any way to avoid it? And if we're not supposed to use Vita's default Database Rebuilder, what should we use instead?

Edit: also, can anyone pleaaaase confirm whether overlays are broken on the latest nightlies? Can anyone apply an overlay without the application crashing? If not there may be something wrong on my setup, otherwise I'll just reverse to an older nightly that is confirmed working

Last edited by VioLee,

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason after a reboot, Vita rebuilt database without me asking for it. Is there any way to avoid it? And if we're not supposed to use Vita's default Database Rebuilder, what should we use instead?

Just... Don't rebuild anything.
There's no need for it, anyways; especially if all you're doing is installing custom bubbles, database rebuilding is the last thing you need and/or want.

OK, @frangar says that Tyrquake should definitely work now. Sorry for the premature announcement before.

Yaaaaaaaay.
Not home this moment however, will test asap.
Will update main thread in the meantime.

If anyone wouldn't mind, could they test how well 4-player support for VitaTV functions? I don't own a Vita/PSTV currently (Don't need it, a RaspPi3's enough for me) or three other DS3 controllers to make sure.

EDIT:
Good news! Quake works fine!

Bad news! It performs like ass on default settings, so... preferable to use Rinnegatemante's VitaQuake instead.

Side note: This is technically advertising for Rinnegatamante, so I'll just leave the disclaimer that we will only discuss TyrQuake here, NOT the unrelated Quake port.

It's the obvious, but just making sure we're clear here.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is GBA now playable overall?
I did try some megaman battle network games and they ran fine. Some audio skips, but nothing major.

I still have the RetroArch from September 5, 2016. So not sure if their has been any drastic improvement.
Do you guys think HQ2x will ever be playable for GBA?
Any other filters available, that still run games decent speed?

Pain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So is GBA now playable overall?
I did try some megaman battle network games and they ran fine. Some audio skips, but nothing major.

I still have the RetroArch from September 5, 2016. So not sure if their has been any drastic improvement.
Do you guys think HQ2x will ever be playable for GBA?
Any other filters available, that still run games decent speed?

It is, im using vba_next (latest build) and it has some minor slowdowns, but nothing unplayable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work