Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be a problem; make sure you save current config before exit. Simply exiting discards all changes made.
I got it working. Changed theme to xmb and closed, re-opened and got a black screen/blue. Nothing loads on this screen.

Had to delete config for retroarch and then re-install. Now xmb works.
Megaman battle network seems to run at 60fps steady.
Wonder how bad it will get with filters like hq2x.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is GBA now playable overall?
I did try some megaman battle network games and they ran fine. Some audio skips, but nothing major.

I still have the RetroArch from September 5, 2016. So not sure if their has been any drastic improvement.
Do you guys think HQ2x will ever be playable for GBA?
Any other filters available, that still run games decent speed?

Yeech. Vaseline filters are the worst. Embrace the pixels!

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, the Cheats options are available but not fully integrated yet? Because i've tried GBA, GBC and SNES codes but none of them works

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I got it working. Changed theme to xmb and closed, re-opened and got a black screen/blue. Nothing loads on this screen.

Had to delete config for retroarch and then re-install. Now xmb works.
Megaman battle network seems to run at 60fps steady.
Wonder how bad it will get with filters like hq2x.

Have never -- and never will -- try/tried filters.
At least you had the right idea in getting XMB to work.

Dosbox commands are fixed? Any news in mame games like mk1, mk2 and mk3?

Doubt we'll see improvements in MAME'03/0.78 any time soon.
For DOS, it's now able to load .EXEs directly from RA itself. But doesn't solve the issue of having no controls mapped by default.
4fbac8bbd4.jpg

A shame; I really like DN2.

The main issue is that the RA DOSBox Remaps are not in the Controls submenu; they are in the Core Options submenu.
Even when I transferred the DOSBox settings from Desktop "retroarch-core-options" (Where individual global core settings are stored) to the Vita's, nothing changes because the Vita core lacks existing Core Options.

EDIT: Finally made those updates to the main thread I promised earlier.

THREAD CHANGELOG:
Horizontal Rules added for separation and better formatting.
Separated performance estimations to multiple sections; finally no longer a cluttered, disorganized mess of colors.
Bugs/Issues list has been separated into two sections now: Current Bugs/Issues which are current, unsolved problems in RetroArch or the Libretro Cores, and Fixed Bugs/Issues which are previously solved and/or fixed issues relegated into a small quote, preserved for changelog/historical purposes.
Some core status changes (ZX Spectrum has been working for a while, DOSBox works currently, Nestopia updated, etc...)
Some core naming changes in estimations (Now in the order of System Name [Core Name]:)

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the recent builds gpsp dont load roms.and a list of games dont resuire keyboard for dosbox will.be cool

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm having a weird issue with the file browser within Retroarch where it still only show directories that have been created by me, not folders generated by the system. As a result, I cannot navigate to ux0:/pspemu/ where my roms are.

Does anybody else have this issue?

EDIT - It just occured to me, is this being casued by the vpks now being tagged as 'safe'?

Last edited by sj33,

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It just occured to me, is this being casued by the vpks now being tagged as 'safe'?

YEP~!
All you can access is "data" and it's subdirectories. Everything else not created by VitaShell is labeled a system folder and thus inaccessible to "safe homebrews."
So much for the PSP/Vita ROM sharing... Which is why I keep ROMs in data/retroarch for convenience's sake.

and a list of games dont resuire keyboard for dosbox will.be cool
There's, like, THOUSANDS of MS-DOS games. We are NOT going to pinpoint each and every one that's joystick-compatible; we'd be here all year.
And I suppose since VBA works far better than GPSP, eh. This isn't really missed by me (Again, because of GBASP+Flashcart that I have, I don't focus much on GBA cores).

Last edited by SeongGino,

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
YEP~!
All you can access is "data" and it's subdirectories. Everything else not created by VitaShell is labeled a system folder and thus inaccessible to "safe homebrews."
So much for the PSP/Vita ROM sharing... Which is why I keep ROMs in data/retroarch for convenience's sake.

There's, like, THOUSANDS of MS-DOS games. We are NOT going to pinpoint each and every one that's joystick-compatible; we'd be here all year.
And I suppose since VBA works far better than GPSP, eh. This isn't really missed by me (Again, because of GBASP+Flashcart that I have, I don't focus much on GBA cores).
Thanks i need just to launch a game .exe? I never use dosbox

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have you tried moving your folders from the root into the 'data' folder. I don't know why, but that did the trick for me when I had a recent similar issue.

This is mandatory for homebrews to be flaged as "Safe" with HENkaku:

Most homebrews would already be considered “safe” (you would know if you used a restricted API). However, the big catch is that ux0: (memory card) access is now restricted to ux0:data (for arbitrary data), app0: (a mount of your application directory at ux0:app/TITLEID), and savedata0: (a mount of your application save). There is no direct access to ux0:app/TITLEID since safe homebrews are sandboxed. If you wish to use and store custom data on the memory card, please use ux0:data as it can be accessed by all applications and is not deleted when your bubble is deleted (useful for emulators).
Source: https://yifan.lu/2016/08/27/henkaku-update/

This is also why to make Reminiscence safe in version 0.4 we had to move the game data to the "DATA" folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow sorry I didn't see the following posts and especially this one before I answered, my browser displayed the cached version of this thread...
YEP~!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
YEP~!
Argh that's annoying because I did have roms stores in ux0:/pspemu/Roms/ so they can then be accessed by both native Vita apps and VHBL. I wonder if we can force VPKs to be installed as 'unsafe'?

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow sorry I didn't see the following posts and especially this one before I answered, my browser displayed the cached version of this thread...

Always good to double-check before you post, I suppose~

I wonder if we can force VPKs to be installed as 'unsafe'?

Pretty sure this is set SOMEWHERE in the .vpk. But I don't see a point in forcing it to be unsafe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 20 minutes now