Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm using wave with cue, don't have bin. Do you have sonic cd working with proper audio? Just want to confirm it is possible or if we have to wait on an update?

I probably should have been more clear in my initial post, but disc images with external sound files (WAV, MP3, OGG, etc) won't play CD audio in Retroarch cores. BIN/CUE disc images will work because the audio is part of the BIN disc image and therefore will play the CD audio when you load the CUE file in Retroarch. So yes, you'll get proper music in Sonic CD on the Genesis/Mega Drive Retroarch cores (Gen Plus GX and Picodrive) if you use a BIN/CUE image.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have been more clear in my initial post, but disc images with external sound files (WAV, MP3, OGG, etc) won't play CD audio in Retroarch cores. BIN/CUE disc images will work because the audio is part of the BIN disc image and therefore will play the CD audio when you load the CUE file in Retroarch. So yes, you'll get proper music in Sonic CD on the Genesis/Mega Drive Retroarch cores (Gen Plus GX and Picodrive) if you use a BIN/CUE image.
Thanks!

Reactions: kenseiden

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
omission I guess, readded it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That doesn't explain the problem, I don' have a 3ds, what's happening

I don‘t know if this explain things well,the emulator said :Failed to take screenshot..

Attachments

• img_0035.jpg
    img_0035.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 304

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So just to confirm, the cia versions will work on a 10.6 emunand and regardless of what firmware.bin version you are using, right? Just checking because some things that require kernel access (like NTR) don't.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Should I get the stable or the Nightly build? What's the difference?

The nightly builds are newer but may have more bugs. You should just use the nightly builds unless a big issue gets reported here. Stable builds are going be be very infrequent so you'll miss out on new updates.

So just to confirm, the cia versions will work on a 10.6 emunand and regardless of what firmware.bin version you are using, right? Just checking because some things that require kernel access (like NTR) don't.

No reason why it shouldn't.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
any news about gpsp stability issue?

i would like play it on cia version and STABLE...without dat fking random crashes

greetings

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Anyone know how to compile a build? If so, can you please make a guide? :P

Yes, I too would like to know. I did as the windows tutorial suggests but get errors of missing files when compiling in windows.

Can someone advise please what the dependencies are other than win32?

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no problems with your RetroArch in CIA Installed on EmuNAND? Seeming like it is only Gateway EmuNAND that is having issues.
Well I wouldn't say that there are NO problems but atleast we are past the load content freezing point. Sometime when I am playing Leaf Green it just suddenly freezes like it did for me last night and kicks me to the Home Menu and forces me to reboot. Which really sucks because I did alot of playing and was saving every other minute and got pretty far but for some odd reason it disregarded my save and kicked me back to my original starting save when I first started playing. It really sucks man..

Still crashes unfortunately, it lasted a long time this time, but still..
Yeah I did for me last night. Sometime when I am playing Leaf Green it just suddenly freezes like it did for me last night and kicks me to the Home Menu and forces me to reboot. You're right it isn't perfect yet.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I wouldn't say that there are NO problems but atleast we are past the load content freezing point. Sometime when I am playing Leaf Green it just suddenly freezes like it did for me last night and kicks me to the Home Menu and forces me to reboot. Which really sucks because I did alot of playing and was saving every other minute and got pretty far but for some odd reason it disregarded my save and kicked me back to my original starting save when I first started playing. It really sucks man..

Yeah I did for me last night. Sometime when I am playing Leaf Green it just suddenly freezes like it did for me last night and kicks me to the Home Menu and forces me to reboot. You're right it isn't perfect yet.

Oddly enough, I haven’t had any crashes playing casltevania/metroid/FF6/mm battle network since the load content issue was fixed. maybe it's just pokemon? I know Golden Sun and a couple other games had crashing issues, don't know if that's been fixed since I last tested.

As for you're save, retroarch only writes the SRAM files if you exit via the 'quit retroarch' menu option, otherwise (homemenu, crashes) it won't - If a crash is possible, it's also best to make savestates as well as regular saves as those are written on creation and will survive a crash.

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly enough, I haven’t had any crashes playing casltevania/metroid/FF6/mm battle network since the load content issue was fixed. maybe it's just pokemon? I know Golden Sun and a couple other games had crashing issues, don't know if that's been fixed since I last tested.
Regarding ROM crashes, correct me if I am wrong, is there any way to verify a ROM version to see if it is an"original" copy? and not a Revision or whatnot. Just to make sure I am using the correct ROM and original version of it's original release.

As for you're save, retroarch only writes the SRAM files if you exit via the 'quit retroarch' menu option, otherwise (homemenu, crashes) it won't - If a crash is possible, it's also best to make savestates as well as regular saves as those are written on creation and will survive a crash.

Thanks for the heads up on Retroarch only writing SRAM files if I 'quit retroarch'. I'll start to use a bit of both SaveStates and In game saves to help me keep track of my progress without losing gametime.

EDIT:
Yeah I am definitely still experiencing crashing on the latest nightly with gpsp. Random crashing and kicking me to the HomeMenu giving me a force restart error. I wonder if I have a bad ROM. I wish there was a way to find out if your ROM is legit?

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1