Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw that AuReiNand supports 178MB memory mode on the N3DS now, (meaning regular Reinand, Cakes, and I guess RxTools if and when they ever get to it might adapt to also allow it) so it might eventually be worth switching over MAME and FBA to use that mode to allow for even larger games to load. No clue what sort of speeds the huge games will get though.

Reactions: democracy

theinternetnomad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regarding ROM crashes, correct me if I am wrong, is there any way to verify a ROM version to see if it is an"original" copy? and not a Revision or whatnot. Just to make sure I am using the correct ROM and original version of it's original release.

Thanks for the heads up on Retroarch only writing SRAM files if I 'quit retroarch'. I'll start to use a bit of both SaveStates and In game saves to help me keep track of my progress without losing gametime.

EDIT:
Yeah I am definitely still experiencing crashing on the latest nightly with gpsp. Random crashing and kicking me to the HomeMenu giving me a force restart error. I wonder if I have a bad ROM. I wish there was a way to find out if your ROM is legit?

I'm playing through Mother 3 and I still get random crashes after prolonged play.

terry98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a O3DS XL with rxtools.. is there any performance difference loading the 3DSX retroarch from the menuhax in sysnand 9.2 and loading the CIA version from emunand 10.6?????

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some kind soul advise how to compile reteoarch in Windows ? The available guide on wiki is outdated and doesn't work for me.

Or

Can someone advise or point me to a tutorial to change banners and icons for .CIA

I am looking to create some nice icons; Pico drive icon is in dire need of a much needed face-lift!

Reactions: SLiV3R

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Can someone advise or point me to a tutorial to change banners and icons for .CIA

I am looking to create some nice icons; Pico drive icon is in dire need of a much needed face-lift!

icons/banners/sounds are stored here : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/tree/master/ctr/assets
and this file defines how they are used : https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/ctr/Makefile.cores

most of the current icons were just meant to be placeholders, so if you, or anyone else, can provide better assets, then just make the necessary changes and send a pull request. libretro/retroarch is on github for this exact reason, so that people with different skillsets can contribute in the areas they can do best.

while pull requests are the preferred contribution method, you can also post them here if you don't like messing with github.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to force SRAM saving and loading on QuickNES? Some games such as Earthbound Beginnings and Super Mario Bros 3mix have broken save functions or don't save at all on it despite having slots for saving games. And I'm running an O3DS system, so Nestopia and Fceumm won't run at full speed for me.

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running gpsp on my n3DSXL and I have it randomly crash all the time, I searched this thread and found that this happened to people and saw that it seemed to happen when multiple games were loaded without closing the emulator but I'm just playing LeafGreen. Is anyone else having this issue?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I'm running gpsp on my n3DSXL and I have it randomly crash all the time, I searched this thread and found that this happened to people and saw that it seemed to happen when multiple games were loaded without closing the emulator but I'm just playing LeafGreen. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, the gpsp cia version crashes a lot for me to. Use gba injection instead :)

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back