Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to have the "analog down" bug in emus, it happens that previous version of libogc didn't include every controller model. For example in WiiSX only one CC pro worked for me.

Never had problems with RetroArch though.
Oh it's there and not only in the menu.
Also during gameplay the d-pad will hang at unknown intervals.
Left , right, up, down will hang sometimes during emulation.

There's no point posting the problem, the devs blame it on Wiiuse in libogc.
It's there in retroarch, but not present in other emu's, apps etc.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Retroarch looks great! However, the palette used seems to be a bit off, i read something about a "rewrite version2" that perhaps should correct this?

I noticed it in Donkey Kong Country 2, the sky and ocean in the first level were turkoise, much more than in Snes9x GX and the windows version of Snes9x. I'll try and take some screenshots.

Cheers!

Reactions: Hielkenator

gameBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to play ironclad on the neo geo core. I can load the game but after the Neo Geo splash screen appears it goes blank and there is no video but only audio.

Anyone else notice this?

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
This game isn't supported in the current build. Squarepusher said just the other day that he intends to add Neo Geo CD support to the FBA core so you'll be able to play it in a future release.

HylianLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having random 'stack dumps' on Tengai(Sengoku Blade), anyone else? I can play the game, but after few minutes, it crashes.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with the FBA core. A number of games load up properly and then default into the test menu. When I exit the test menu, it loops back around. A few games that I have this issue with are "Liquid Kids" and "Sol Divide" I have however found a hidden stage select option in Sol Divide's test menu, and the game runs flawlessly on the stages I tested out.

Another minor issue is it seems the "Normal" and Flipped" screen rotation options decide every now and again to change meanings. Lastly, is it just me or does "The Irritating Maze" not work for anyone else?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having an issue with the FBA core. A number of games load up properly and then default into the test menu. When I exit the test menu, it loops back around. A few games that I have this issue with are "Liquid Kids" and "Sol Divide" I have however found a hidden stage select option in Sol Divide's test menu, and the game runs flawlessly on the stages I tested out.

Another minor issue is it seems the "Normal" and Flipped" screen rotation options decide every now and again to change meanings. Lastly, is it just me or does "The Irritating Maze" not work for anyone else?
Yup the irritating maze is confirmed not working.

As a side note:
You will not get any "love" from the devs on gba temp.
They hate constructive criticism.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup the irritating maze is confirmed not working.

As a side note:
You will not get any "love" from the devs on gba temp.
They hate constructive criticism.

OKthnx bye.

Oh BTW - last post here since we won't ever again post here if that much wasn't already obvious. The Wii scene (and especially the gbatemp 'regular' losers and this shitty site) can frankly go get fucked with this attitude - ToadKing agrees with this as well. You people are an ever-decreasing minority and frankly you people need to realize that you need guys like us more than we need you guys - your 'scene' is dead, your console is 'dead', the 'next-gen console' that replaced your console is a joke and is a sales failure, and I see no 'homebrew devs' at all in this scene turning out jack shit other than us. So do keep up the veiled 'insults' and the bitchy 'jibes' against us - you're only destroying your own shitty Wii scene in doing so since we are the only thing 'left' in your shitty scene.

Byebye now.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As much as i love freedom of speech, and i know why this is happening, this is uncalled for.
Eventhough some forum users are a pain in the *** this goes to far to my opinion, now i am not gonna translate what has been said here in dutch, but its not pretty.

One off the moderators please remove this comment!

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OKthnx bye.

Oh BTW - last post here since we won't ever again post here if that much wasn't already obvious. The Wii scene (and especially the gbatemp 'regular' losers and this shitty site) can frankly go get fucked with this attitude - ToadKing agrees with this as well. You people are an ever-decreasing minority and frankly you people need to realize that you need guys like us more than we need you guys - your 'scene' is dead, your console is 'dead', the 'next-gen console' that replaced your console is a joke and is a sales failure, and I see no 'homebrew devs' at all in this scene turning out jack shit other than us. So do keep up the veiled 'insults' and the bitchy 'jibes' against us - you're only destroying your own shitty Wii scene in doing so since we are the only thing 'left' in your shitty scene.

Byebye now.
See what I mean?
Really hard to start a conversation but yet, my post they saw....
I was right.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hielkenator: Loved the earlier excuse of you saying as english isn't your real language etc etc, comparing that to your recent comments.....
Have you paid the team for their work or something?

That said, his reaction is even worse (and that's the one Depravo left on!), and I've since been on the forum he'd moved to [in an effort to stop 'bad people' from upsetting him, perhaps] and it gets even better in there: Christ, one of the golden rules when releasing a program is to be able to take what eejits like Hielkenator/Randomiser etc throw at you on the chin, realise like many aspects of life that these gobby ingrates do NOT represent the majority of the userbase, and thus don't go off on one like some little kid as a result....

Retroarch Wii is fantastic: I still cannot thank you enough for what will doubtless give me many more hours of enjoyment, but if all you want is your boots licking in return and can't take a bit of flak off two cretins, then fine, sod off and leave the wii version as it is if you ask me, coz I've kinda lost interest now....

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_lvc3kvzcE31qiiqvc.jpg

RetroArch is a fantastic emulator, I use both the Wii and PC versions all the time. The fact that Squarepusher and Toadking dedicated as much time as they did, while not being paid all the more proves their irrefutable talent. They deserve respect.

Reactions: Floating Seal

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
You know it's simply atrocious the behavior and attitude exemplified by several members here towards the dev team of RA. Nowhere have i read that ANYONE has to accept other peoples rude and blatantly ungrateful behavior for the work and time spent on something for the benefit of others.

Whether or not Squarepusher/LibRetroArc was unable to turn the other cheek of not, it's truly disappointing how yet again we drove another developer to turn their back on the Wiibrew scene. U can't even blame the man for saying "FUCK THIS" considering the feedback that u can see over the past 100+ pages, and I for one am truly sad that further major development for the Wii is on the back burner.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@MassiveRican, i agree with you totally on this, i get that the RetroArch devs. react the way they do...that said...i still want to believe we can talk in a civilized way to each other and not call people all kinds of degrading things..that was my point and that is why i asked to remove the comments.

@the_randomizer, i could give you a recap on what happend, but i don't want to fuel the discussion anymore.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I wholeheartedly agree with you on that etheboss, absolutely. Squarepusher definitely didn't turn the other cheek either, he came out full fists swinging lol. It's too late for that at this point but I'm sure that's how most of us would have preferred things to be.

U know there's always people that like to stir things up and cause a ruckus, I won't drop any names **cough the_randomizer COUGH COUGH** :P lol J/K ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MassiveRican, i agree with you totally on this, i get that the RetroArch devs. react the way they do...that said...i still want to believe we can talk in a civilized way to each other and not call people all kinds of degrading things..that was my point and that is why i asked to remove the comments.

@the_randomizer, i could give you a recap on what happend, but i don't want to fuel the discussion anymore.

Because bringing up wounds of the past would be very productive and beneficial to those involved:glare:

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that etheboss, absolutely. Squarepusher definitely didn't turn the other cheek either, he came out full fists swinging lol. It's too late for that at this point but I'm sure that's how most of us would have preferred things to be.

U know there's always people that like to stir things up and cause a ruckus, I won't drop any names **cough the_randomizer COUGH COUGH** :P lol J/K ;)
Read above quote.

I think that would be called "moving on and leaving what happened in the past in the past".
Learning from the past != living in the past. But hey, who am I to give advice on how to not dig up old skeletons or open old wounds? "Forgive and forget" is a useful principle to apply.

Yes, I know for a fact that I was incontrovertibly in the wrong and I don't deny it, but what would we gain from bringing it up? I don't deny that I pissed the RetroArch devs off, I don't deny the fact that all hell broke loose back then, but, why must it be brought up? Is moving on with one's life without expecting someone to bring up a stupid mistake too much to ask?

Wow. Words can't describe how painful that is. Leave what happened in the past in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjCivnt5t50