Resident Evil HD Announced

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need some more RE4 remakes instead of RE1....

I think RE4 on the Wii-U and the PS4 and the Xbox One would generate some cash!

Completely joking, I probably own like 4 different versions of RE4 already....

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I'm just going to say it's ridiculous to say anyone is close-minded for not liking Resident Evil 5 for being different from Resident Evil 4 when Resident Evil 4's whole shtick was being a massive departure from the Resident Evil tradition.

Beyond that, Resident Evil 5's problem isn't that it's a bad Resident Evil game. Well, I mean, it is, but if it was just a competent action game, that'd be fine. The problem is, Resident Evil 5 is not a good action game. The controls are stiff and awkward in a game that wants to be about fast action. The inventory system is a joke (You hold your armor in a pocket of your armor). There is no real atmosphere, and the attempts to build it are little more than easily predictable jump scares about on par with a carnival haunted house. The story is humorless and boring for the most part. The co-op system is a joke. Shiva is a constant burden in single player, and even with another person, the game's gameplay flaws make for a lame experience. "Oh boy, you can push a button at the same time to open a door. So fun!"

Also, before the inevitable "But it's fun with friends!" that goes with this and other duds (I'm looking at you, Borderlands), anything is fun with friends because, you know, you're with your friends. You don't need to drop $60 on dull, plodding experience to make it happen.

Plus, it's hard to give Resident Evil 5 credit for being its own game when it desperately tries to ape RE4 throughout. It shallowly uses RE4's most iconic enemies (Dr. Salvadore, the giant, etc.), the gameplay is clearly based off of what RE4 brought to the table, etc.

"Well, I like it."

Fine, you're welcome to that opinion, but don't lose your shit when someone flat out disagrees with you. This happens every time with you (Earthbound especially). Learn to cool your jets already.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Look, I'm just going to say it's ridiculous to say anyone is close-minded for not liking Resident Evil 5 for being different from Resident Evil 4 when Resident Evil 4's whole shtick was being a massive departure from the Resident Evil tradition.

Beyond that, Resident Evil 5's problem isn't that it's a bad Resident Evil game. Well, I mean, it is, but if it was just a competent action game, that'd be fine. The problem is, Resident Evil 5 is not a good action game. The controls are stiff and awkward in a game that wants to be about fast action. The inventory system is a joke (You hold your armor in a pocket of your armor). There is no real atmosphere, and the attempts to build it are little more than easily predictable jump scares about on par with a carnival haunted house. The story is humorless and boring for the most part. The co-op system is a joke. Shiva is a constant burden in single player, and even with another person, the game's gameplay flaws make for a lame experience. "Oh boy, you can push a button at the same time to open a door. So fun!"

Also, before the inevitable "But it's fun with friends!" that goes with this and other duds (I'm looking at you, Borderlands), anything is fun with friends because, you know, you're with your friends. You don't need to drop $60 on dull, plodding experience to make it happen.

Plus, it's hard to give Resident Evil 5 credit for being its own game when it desperately tries to ape RE4 throughout. It shallowly uses RE4's most iconic enemies (Dr. Salvadore, the giant, etc.), the gameplay is clearly based off of what RE4 brought to the table, etc.

"Well, I like it."

Fine, you're welcome to that opinion, but don't lose your shit when someone flat out disagrees with you. This happens every time with you (Earthbound especially). Learn to cool your jets already.

Earthbound specially, eh not really, I couldn't care twice.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Resident Evil 5 and 6 are widely considered to be bad games and Earthbound/Mother is widely considered to be unsuccessful in the west and hardly up anyone's alley when it comes to western gamers. This doesn't mean that you have to dislike them - everybody has their guilty pleasures, but just because you like the games doesn't mean that they're good games by any stretch of the imagination - it's the popular opinion that counts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome