Resident Evil 4 Remake will get a VR mode as free DLC

2Zj4Vn8.png

Resident Evil 4 is no stranger to virtual reality, having already seen a release in the form of 2021's Resident Evil 4: VR. With the remake of the original Resident Evil 4 on the way, however, Capcom has decided to give fans another taste of RE4 in VR. Resident Evil 4 Remake will be getting a VR mode, and will be available as free DLC alongside the game, as a PlayStation VR2 exclusive. No release date was given for it, but the RE4: Remake itself will be out on March 24th, for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC.

VR mode of "Resident Evil RE: 4" has started development! Stay tuned for more details! VR mode of "Resident Evil RE: 4" will be distributed as free DLC for PlayStation5 / PlayStationVR2.

:arrow: Source

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Geez, was the VR market not floundering hard enough already? Adding so many exclusives to the mix sure as hell isn't gonna help matters.
In a round about way, at least not having to target Quest will let them fully take advantage of PS5 performance.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it will be nice, but limited by the console hardware and psvr2's limited capabilities compared to let's say index, they want vr to succeed but keep making these features exclusives.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think it will be nice, but limited by the console hardware and psvr2's limited capabilities compared to let's say index, they want vr to succeed but keep making these features exclusives.
Playstation was a huge success, because they have exclusives.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just hope they update REVII's VR mode too! It would be sad to miss this one since it was the OG VR, with both hands and VR2's amazing resolution it'd be a dream.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I am late to the party, but it is a fact that this game won't be on Xbox one S or X? Has been a while since a heard rumors about a physical edition for that system. But the launch is at hand and there hasn't been any news lately.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I'm interested in VR, but kudos for Capcom for knocking it out of the park w/ this one aside from the exclusivity deal they have for PSVR... I presume it'll eventually come to other platforms such as PC once the exclusivity period expires.

Reactions: k7ra and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended