Replace EZ 3 in1 BAttery

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Thanatos19, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Thanatos19
    OP

Thanatos19 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    Canada
    My EZ doesn't save at all anymore. Whenever I load it up again the sram is always empty. Is there a way to replace the battery? I opened it up but the battery doesn't seem to want to move.

2. HEARDATBEAT

HEARDATBEAT GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    I also want to know if you can do this cause lately my EZ Cart has been acting up and i think it's the battery

3. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    weird, my 3in1 is in the same state [​IMG] ...the expansion ram and rumble still work though [​IMG]

4. itayda

itayda Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2008
    Iceland
    I looked at the battery of the 3 in 1, I'm no expert in electronics, but it lloks similar to the battery of a gameboy color
    game I have, maybe someone who understands in this stuff would know if we can use the battery from an original gbc
    (or any other gba game) with the 3 in 1

5. turtleman

turtleman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    YOu can most likely buy the battery in an electronics store (or even a general store...really anywhere that sells Watch Batteries) It's the whole replaceing part that might be a bitch. I'm not sure since I haven't taken my 3 in 1 apart, and I'm not sure weather the battery is soldered on, or just clipped on. (It'd be great if it was simply clipped on.