• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 27,176
  • Replies 269
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted_171835

OP
...The rep likely doesn't know anything about the Wii U's power so you really shouldn't be taking this seriously. It doesn't make sense for Nintendo to tell a rep this when they haven't even given out full specs.
Uh.. yeah it is. If they want to get hype and everything going for the console, they'd be wise to tell him. Hell, even if Nintendo just said "hey rep, listen, we're not going to tell you the specs, but the console is 19x more powerful than the PS3". When it comes to interviews or questionaires, the rep wouldn't make this up. Hell, how the hell could he not be trusted when Nintendo trusts him, but some hack developer like Tecmo Koei or whoever it is that makes Dynasty Warriors (i think it is) be trusted?
So they only tell a rep at a booth that information but they don't release it anywhere else.

There's no sense in doing that. And since when did Tecmo Koei divulge how much more powerful the Wii U was compared to the PS360?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...The rep likely doesn't know anything about the Wii U's power so you really shouldn't be taking this seriously. It doesn't make sense for Nintendo to tell a rep this when they haven't even given out full specs.
Uh.. yeah it is. If they want to get hype and everything going for the console, they'd be wise to tell him. Hell, even if Nintendo just said "hey rep, listen, we're not going to tell you the specs, but the console is 19x more powerful than the PS3". When it comes to interviews or questionaires, the rep wouldn't make this up. Hell, how the hell could he not be trusted when Nintendo trusts him, but some hack developer like Tecmo Koei or whoever it is that makes Dynasty Warriors (i think it is) be trusted?
So they only tell a rep at a booth that information but they don't release it anywhere else.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=37OWL7AzvHo[/media]

There's no sense in doing that. And since when did Tecmo Koei divulge how much more powerful the Wii U was compared to the PS360?

Why would they release it before launch? That doesn't make any sense at all, especially from a business standpoint.

I think it was Tecmo Koei, it was one of the devs who said that the WiiU isn't able to have as many enemies on screen as the PS360 and that there are frame rate issues and shit.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Why would they release it before launch? That doesn't make any sense at all, especially from a business standpoint.

I think it was Tecmo Koei, it was one of the devs who said that the WiiU isn't able to have as many enemies on screen as the PS360 and that there are frame rate issues and shit.
If they were going to divulge more info on the specs and the consoles power compared to the PS3/360, they would do it in a more formal manner by giving out a press release or something instead of telling some random rep.

All the Dynasty Warriors dev said was that the current demo wasn't on-par with PS3 level yet but that they were working on it. He also mentioned that they were still getting used to the hardware and learning how to "bring out the most of the processing power".

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If they were going to divulge more info on the specs and the consoles power compared to the PS3/360, they would do it in a more formal manner by giving out a press release or something instead of telling some random rep.

Not entirely. A bunch of companies get reps to do it, then when the official specs get released, that's when they would do it more formal. But just saying "it's about 19x stronger" is nothing.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called Reggie at his home and he told me the WiiU is going to be 2x more powerful that the ps4. he said the WiiU has extra CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and internal storage that is disabled and can be enabled with firmware updates. He also said Wii software ran on the WiiU will run at full 1080p just like on the dolphin emulator.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Not entirely. A bunch of companies get reps to do it, then when the official specs get released, that's when they would do it more formal. But just saying "it's about 19x stronger" is nothing.
It's about 19x stronger isn't nothing. It tells us that the Wii U is much more powerful than the PS360. That's not the kind of info you tell some show-floor rep.

If Nintendo really wanted to divulge this info, they would have done it in a more formal manner and wouldn't have used vague multipliers. This is almost certainly bullshit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's about 19x stronger isn't nothing. It tells us that the Wii U is much more powerful than the PS360. That's not the kind of info you tell some show-floor rep.

If Nintendo really wanted to divulge this info, they would have done it in a more formal manner and wouldn't have used vague multipliers. This is almost certainly bullshit.

Except they're not divulging it. They're just saying "yeah, the WiiU is stronger, by about this much". They're going to wait until after launch to give specs. What is there some kind of special rule saying that a company has to give specs out and can't just say "yeah, it's about this much stronger" ? Last I checked, there wasn't. Last I checked, a company can do whatever the hell it wants to spread the word around about it's latest console.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Except they're not divulging it. They're just saying "yeah, the WiiU is stronger, by about this much". They're going to wait until after launch to give specs. What is there some kind of special rule saying that a company has to give specs out and can't just say "yeah, it's about this much stronger" ? Last I checked, there wasn't. Last I checked, a company can do whatever the hell it wants to spread the word around about it's latest console.
That's still significant info, it tells us that the Wii U is a fair bit more powerful than the PS3 and that's not something you go around telling random show-floor reps.

Why would Nintendo would only tell one random show-floor rep that information instead of divulging that in a more formal manner? Please, do tell.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

Even blatantly lying to the consumer?

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Even blatantly lie to the consumer?

How did they lie if nobody knows the specs of the machine?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'd think there are plenty of people that know the specs. They're just under contract not to say anything about it.

EDIT : Or to happen to leak certain vague statements to specific online journalists knowing they will start rumors and people will fight about their validity in gaming forums. :ph34r:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's still significant info, it tells us that the Wii U is a fair bit more powerful than the PS3 and that's not something you go around telling random show-floor reps.

Why would Nintendo would only tell one random show-floor rep that information instead of divulging that in a more formal manner? Please, do tell.

You don't get it do you? Companies in the past have said before launch or before specs were given out "yeah, x console is strong x times than x console" Then when the console launches, an official press release is released to prove/clarify/further detail it. What's so hard about that to understand? You're going off of the assumption that only one show rep knows this info, because of what? Just because others haven't said so? Who knows, when you've only got one link and shit. There's really nothing more to discuss. You can't call it bullshit just because of the circumstances. Jesus, now I see why p1ng closes your threads and hates your comments.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
You don't get it do you? Companies in the past have said before launch or before specs were given out "yeah, x console is strong x times than x console" Then when the console launches, an official press release is released to prove/clarify/further detail it. What's so hard about that to understand? You're going off of the assumption that only one show rep knows this info, because of what? Just because others haven't said so? Who knows, when you've only got one link and shit. There's really nothing more to discuss. You can't call it bullshit just because of the circumstances. Jesus, now I see why p1ng closes your threads and hates your comments.
Give me one example of companies doing this in the past. It's simply not logical.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called Reggie at his home and he told me the WiiU is going to be 2x more powerful that the ps4. he said the WiiU has extra CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and internal storage that is disabled and can be enabled with firmware updates. He also said Wii software ran on the WiiU will run at full 1080p just like on the dolphin emulator.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Give me one example of companies doing this in the past. It's simply not logical.
Even if it is, or if it isn't, it doesn't matter. It's the companies decision to decide how to release info.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Found some but do you think the devs saying the CPU is a bit weak to be true. I kind of find it strange they dedicate half the ram to the system and the other half to other things like games.

Reactions: Rasas

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, never mind my silly math before
here's the real math:
Seriously, are my posts just being ignored or something? I posted the comparative model numbers already. The PS3's video card is about a GeForce 7500.
Yeah, I was agreeing with you ... :ph34r:
and correcting myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many