RemoteJoyLite audio issues

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RenegadePerseneg, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012
  1. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Newcomer RenegadePerseneg Newbie

Canada
    Hello forum, this is my first time posting in this section. So if i'm posting in the wrong section bare with me.

Recently I have installed RemoteJoyLite and PSPDisp onto my computer, at first I was having problems to get my psp to show on my laptop but then I realized I had to restart my laptop. Once I restarted it everything seemed to work just fine, however I realized I was having another problem. I couldn't record sound onto my computer.

Now I've been doing my research and it seems I need a 3.5 mm male to male audio cable. I went out to go buy one and to my dissapointment the audio cable doesn't work.

I plugged the rca cable from the headphone jack into my laptop's microphone input. But still I'm receiving no sound whatsoever.

Can someone please help me with this, if not I'm going to have to go back after New Years and talk to the sales rep at the retail store I bought it from.

Thanks very much.

2. MadHouse38

Member MadHouse38 GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    Its hard to get it work you should just play without audio,sorry man.

3. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Playing without audio solely defeats the purpose of why I bought the audio cable in the first place. I guess I'll try talking to the sales rep tommorow.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wait, RCA cable?

5. 324atk

Member 324atk GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder

United States
    Microphone Input
    Microphone

Maybe put it into the headphone input?

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The mic input is fine....however Rydian has a point...

RCA[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]
    Audio

7. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Well most laptops have only microphone and headphone jacks and headphone is definitly output. I managed to use RJL with microphone input (even with win 7 being **** about drivers) and all I had to do is make microphone default input and make sure it's also default in RJL. Sound was very poor and only mono but it worked kinda. Here's vid of it: http://youtu.be/U7LGDfuDh_Y

I'm happy that I got decent desk computer now with stereo input and much more power so games won't lag that much.

E: he clearly states he got 3.5mm male to male cable and then he plugged RCA from PSP to computer. Maybe just some language barrier (e.g. he meant RCA = plug)?

8. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, sorry guys. I got confused with the RCA cable with the 3.5mm audio cable. I'm planning to get a dazzle if this didn't work out. But yeah, I have the 3.5 mm audio cable just to clarify. Mario92, that was good footage in my opinion. if I could run my psp onto my laptop with the audio cable I would be pretty satisfied. Still, I can't figure how to get this to work yet. Like I said, I'll probably have to talk to the sales rep and I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks.

9. xist

United Kingdom
    An audio cable is an audio cable is an audio cable. It doesn't sound so much that you have the wrong cable just that you have something set up incorrectly somewhere....i don't see how the sales rep will be able to help out.

10. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Hmm, well I'm currently out of options. I've tried pretty much everything to figure out how to set it up. :(

11. Rydian

United States
    Tried the line-in jack as well?

12. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    My desktop doesn't have a line-in jack.

13. Rydian

United States
    Checked the back? I've seen most only have in/out on the front, but a normal set on the backside.

14. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Yeah, I checked the back. Still no-go. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to find other means of recording. Thanks anyway.

15. Rydian

United States
    Hey, stop giving up so easily.

Do mics normally work on your machine? Not USB mics, but mics using that jack. It may just be muted, or it's being sent but not being played back so you don't think it's being sent, and maybe it's not set to be recorded...

There's still things it could be.

16. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Have you got the RemoteJoyLite program on your computer set up to take the input from the Microphone jack? Check the settings.

17. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Yes, I've tried recording just using the mic alone while I was recording PSP gameplay. The mic works just fine. But I don't get quite good reception. And I know the thing doesn't work because I've checked the sound settings. Everything should be working properly but the cord.

18. xist

United Kingdom
    If you want to test the connection hook it up to your MP3 player (or whatever) and see if you get sound from that in a variety of programs (eg Audacity) Then you'll see where your problem starts.

19. RenegadePerseneg
    OP

Canada
    Xist, I connected my Mp3 player with the audio cable, but I still don't get sound. Odd.

20. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Well it isn't exactly "odd" that you won't get sound out of microphone jack. It's supposed to be for microphone which has lower sound quality and mono only - from microphone. I just tested for fun and my desk doesn't detect sound coming from mic jack at all but it does work with mic and cable works as "line in" jack gets sound (you can make sound from mic jack to come out of your speakers from windows/linux audio settings BTW)
    I suppose it may be possible to do this if you make 3.5mm cable with stereo on other end and mono on other. Just guessing here and that needs soldering skills.