ROM Hack [Released] Bravely Default/Second Uncensored

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure? I have yet to play both games (thus I'm not sure if it is all working "properly", the costumes are), but this is the texture I have for her in the files posted above:
View attachment 246546
I've got a prepatched version (the one mentioned by Asia81 in the OP) and can 100% confirm it has the censored Airy. Maybe it doesn't apply to the LayeredFS loose version you made, haven't tested that obviously.
On a side note, I hope you didn't use Ohana to swap the textures because it heavily compresses and ruins them, introducing artifacts.

Last edited by Canzah,

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a prepatched version (the one mentioned by Asia81 in the OP) and can 100% confirm it has the censored Airy. Maybe it doesn't apply to the LayeredFS loose version you made, haven't tested that obviously.
Hmm, guess it might be the prepatched ver is missing further updates, maybe extherian did some extra work in the files posted above or just that the wrong texture was modified. BD is the next game I'm planning to play after EOIV, so I'll keep you posted ;)

And about Ohana, that just happened to be the first thing I found that served as an easy texture+model viewer with an extracted romfs. Otherwise, I had never bothered with textures outside just blindly applying what some else had done before me. Is there any alternative you'd recommend (in case I need one in the future)?

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, guess it might be the prepatched ver is missing further updates, maybe extherian did some extra work in the files posted above or just that the wrong texture was modified. BD is the next game I'm planning to play after EOIV, so I'll keep you posted ;)

And about Ohana, that just happened to be the first thing I found that served as an easy texture+model viewer with an extracted romfs. Otherwise, I had never bothered with textures outside just blindly applying what some else had done before me. Is there any alternative you'd recommend (in case I need one in the future)?
Regarding the LayeredFS files, I tested them yesterday and can confirm that while Airy herself is now uncensored, her portrait in the Bestiary is not.

As for textures, yes I can, namely Kuriimu tools which also come with 3DS specific tools that have proper 1:1 accurate compression that doesn't destroy the texture quality like Ohana does when replacing textures in model. I honestly wish it had existed back when we made the uncensored patch for Dragon Quest 8 because Kuriimu wasn't a thing back then and we used Ohana which significantly destroyed the texture quality. I've been meaning to recreate the DQ8 uncensor for a while now but just don't have the time, I definitely want to do it this year though.

Also, can anyone please also make uncensor for the Ballad of Three Cavaliers? It's the Bravely Second prologue demo thing with unique story that bridges BD and BS and isn't found in main BS game itself.

Last edited by Canzah,

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Regarding the LayeredFS files, I tested them yesterday and can confirm that while Airy herself is now uncensored, her portrait in the Bestiary is not.

As for textures, yes I can, namely Kuriimu tools which also come with 3DS specific tools that have proper 1:1 accurate compression that doesn't destroy the texture quality like Ohana does when replacing textures in model. I honestly wish it had existed back when we made the uncensored patch for Dragon Quest 8 because Kuriimu wasn't a thing back then and we used Ohana which significantly destroyed the texture quality. I've been meaning to recreate the DQ8 uncensor for a while now but just don't have the time, I definitely want to do it this year though.

Also, can anyone please also make uncensor for the Ballad of Three Cavaliers? It's the Bravely Second prologue demo thing with unique story that bridges BD and BS and isn't found in main BS game itself.

A LayeredFS uncensor patch for Dragon Quest 8 would be wonderful... if you find the time to do it, please share :-)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Asia81 is the person who made this uncensor patch originally, but he is no longer interested in this game and will not be updating this patch. I have included the tools I used to extract the files and folders from the ROM image on the previous page. I don't know where the images for the Bestiary are stored, so if anyone knows the tools for viewing .bcres images, then I'd appreciate any help finding them.

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK, it seems that by copying 'crowd.fs' and 'index.fs' from this location in the Japanese version:

\PackHack\ExtractedRomFS\Graphics\UI\Common\D_Report\D_Enemy

to the same location in the American version:

changes this censored bestiary image of Airy:

to this uncensored version:

'PackHack' refers to the tool made by Asia81 which I used to extract these files.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, it seems that by copying 'crowd.fs' and 'index.fs' from this location in the Japanese version:

to the same location in the American version:

changes this censored bestiary image of Airy:

to this uncensored version:

'PackHack' refers to the tool made by Asia81 which I used to extract these files.

Cool... would you be so kind and share the LayeredFS patch for noobs like me? Pretty please?

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't have any LayeredFS patches, since I'm playing these games using Citra on my PC. Here are instructions for creating your own LayeredFS patches. You will need to extract the following files from the Graphics folder in the 7Zip file found here for Bravely Default:

Graphics\Character\BOS\NBS08\crowd.fs
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM038\crowd.fs
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\C01\PCF1_C01.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\C07\PCF1_C07.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J13\PCF1_J13.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\C01\PCF2_C01.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J13\PCF2_J13.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\C08\PCM2_C08.bcres
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_de\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_de\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_en\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_en\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_es\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_es\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_fr\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_fr\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_it\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI_it\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\D_Report\D_Enemy\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\D_Report\D_Enemy\index.fs

And you will need to extract the following files from the Graphics folder in the 7Zip file found here for Bravely Second:

Graphics\Character\BOS\JBS24\JBS24_A1.bcres
Graphics\Character\BOS\JBS30\JBS30.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM038\EM038_A1.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM038\EM038_A2.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM038\EM038_A3.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM053\EM053_A1.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM053\EM053_A2.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM053\EM053_A3.bcres
Graphics\Character\ENM\EM053\EM053_A4.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\C00\PCF1_C00.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\C01\PCF1_C01.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\C05\PCF1_C05.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J00\PCF1_J00.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J02\PCF1_J02.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J03\PCF1_J03.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J04\PCF1_J04.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J05\PCF1_J05.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J06\PCF1_J06.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J07\PCF1_J07.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J15\PCF1_J15.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J17\PCF1_J17.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J21\PCF1_J21.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J22\PCF1_J22.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J23\PCF1_J23.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J25\PCF1_J25.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J27\PCF1_J27.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J29\PCF1_J29.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J30\PCF1_J30.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J32\PCF1_J32.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J33\PCF1_J33.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF1\J34\PCF1_J34.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\C00\PCF2_C00.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\C02\PCF2_C02.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\C04\PCF2_C04.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J00\PCF2_J00.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J01\PCF2_J01.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J02\PCF2_J02.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J03\PCF2_J03.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J04\PCF2_J04.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J05\PCF2_J05.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J06\PCF2_J06.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J10\PCF2_J10.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J15\PCF2_J15.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J17\PCF2_J17.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J22\PCF2_J22.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J23\PCF2_J23.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J25\PCF2_J25.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J26\PCF2_J26.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J27\PCF2_J27.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J29\PCF2_J29.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J30\PCF2_J30.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCF2\J33\PCF2_J33.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J05\PCM1_J05.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J09\PCM1_J09.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J10\PCM1_J10.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J22\PCM1_J22.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J26\PCM1_J26.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J30\PCM1_J30.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM1\J35\PCM1_J35.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J05\PCM2_J05.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J09\PCM2_J09.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J10\PCM2_J10.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J15\PCM2_J15.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J26\PCM2_J26.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J30\PCM2_J30.bcres
Graphics\Character\PC\PCM2\J35\PCM2_J35.bcres
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF1\index.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCF2\index.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCM1\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCM1\index.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCM2\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\JobPreview\PCM2\index.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\Note\Enemy\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\Note\Enemy\index.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\TargetIcon\crowd.fs
Graphics\UI\Common\TargetIcon\index.fs

If this is too difficult for you, I wrote a guide to creating an installable CIA file using your game dump and the files in this post here.

Reactions: DocKlokMan

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have any LayeredFS patches, since I'm playing these games using Citra on my PC. Here are instructions for creating your own LayeredFS patches. You will need to extract the following files from the Graphics folder in the 7Zip file found here for Bravely Default:

And you will need to extract the following files from the Graphics folder in the 7Zip file found here for Bravely Second:

If this is too difficult for you, I wrote a guide to creating an installable CIA file using your game dump and the files in this post here.
Thank you! I did it... well now to see if it works...

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took it upon myself to make a proper LayeredFS uncensor patches for these because of the mess with how the ones floating around are either incomplete, filled with unnecessary files or both.
For now I've completed Bravely Default Uncensor Patch and am currently working on Ballad of Three Cavaliers and Bravely Second patches in similar vein.
You can download the Bravely Default one here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TGTrgObDOhXdmUWQL4O72b2RygLGmN2x/view
Uncensors Jobs, costumes, AR models, enemy models and Journal images.
This is made for EUR version of the game, so if you're playing the USA version you'll need to change the TitleID of the folder with the uncensored files from 00040000000FC600 (the EUR one) to 00040000000FC500 (the USA one). Simply rename that folder inside luma/titles directory.

Just poking @Canzah here, since I can't send a PM. I completely got pulled aside with all the shit going on last year, that I forgot all about this.
Yeah no worries mate, if you can please send me that demo save as we talked about.

Last edited by Canzah,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Nevermore,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta double post to get @Canzah 's attention, but how did you get the Bravely Second demo? I'm on the Japanese eshop and trying to search for it, but all I get is Bravely Default, saying the game isn't available, but I can still download that one's demo.

EDIT: Scrolling through all the JRPG's, I found Bravely Second, trying to find the demo now. Funny how the first game has the title in english, but then the second game is written out phonetically in Japanese instead.

Okay, found it lol. Jeez lol. Got the Flying Fairy demo too, cause why not lol.

Last edited by Nevermore,

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey Nevermore, if you get around to it please consider extracting the texture files for the Astrologian and post them here so I can add them to my archives. Unfortunately, I do not own a copy of the Japanese Bravely Second demo.

extherian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Finally got hold of the Japanese demo version. You can find the graphics files here. If anyone wants to try replacing the graphics files in Bravely Second with the ones from the demo, then please report back here with your findings. I think the file Graphics\UI\Common\crowd.fs will need to be extracted using the quickbms script found here, because the crowd.fs file in the demo is smaller than in the finished game and can't just be dropped straight into Bravely Second.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took it upon myself to make a proper LayeredFS uncensor patches for these because of the mess with how the ones floating around are either incomplete, filled with unnecessary files or both.
For now I've completed Bravely Default Uncensor Patch and am currently working on Ballad of Three Cavaliers and Bravely Second patches in similar vein.
You can download the Bravely Default one here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TGTrgObDOhXdmUWQL4O72b2RygLGmN2x/view
Uncensors Jobs, costumes, AR models, enemy models and Journal images.
This is made for EUR version of the game, so if you're playing the USA version you'll need to change the TitleID of the folder with the uncensored files from 00040000000FC600 (the EUR one) to 00040000000FC500 (the USA one). Simply rename that folder inside luma/titles directory.

Continuing from my previous post, I've completed the Ballad of Three Cavaliers and Bravely Second Uncensor Patches, similarly to the Bravely Default one, these are full proper patches that account for everything that was in any way censored, without unnecessary file bloat. And just as before, these are also for the EUR versions.
These were supposed to be done 2 days ago but I had a busy week so didn't really have time to sit down on them until today, enjoy!

You can download The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers one here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBVJzdUspwVGgIqzuKOIZqEwpf9_sdxV/view
This is made for EUR version of the game, so if you're playing the USA version you'll need to change the TitleID of the folder with the uncensored files from 0004000000183800 (the EUR one) to 0004000000183700 (the USA one). Simply rename that folder inside luma/titles directory.

You can download the Bravely Second one here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCS34y26rNe5qXFmvTW2ZmlGYV5s-mc1/view
This is made for EUR version of the game, so if you're playing the USA version you'll need to change the TitleID of the folder with the uncensored files from 000400000017BB00 (the EUR one) to 000400000017BA00 (the USA one). Simply rename that folder inside luma/titles directory.

@Nevermore tagging you as promised.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canzah long time no see, I'm wondering if there ever was an undub for Ballad of Three Cavaliers (preferably US ver.) ?

Using luma region switcher i tried forcing the JPN demo to USA EN but even this doesn't unlock english or lang options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played