6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I voted Behemoth.

Behemoth feels like it fits better into the psuedo-Final Fantasy atmosphere and naming conventions alongside Ifrit and Shiva, among others. Behemoth has been used by Square Enix as gigantic monsters for some time now.

As a side note, micado commented that he felt that Colossus fit better because Behemoth was a monster in Christian mythology and not much else, but other creatures such as Ifrit, Gilgamesh, Shiva and Fenrir are all mythological figures out of different mythos as well. It's not as if Behemoth is out of place among the names or particularly over-religious in comparison to the others. Shiva is a not insignificant Hindu god, Ifrit are an Islamic elemental spirit that could be classified generically as "demons", Gilgamesh was an ancient Mesopotamian king and the central character of one of the earliest known works of literature the Epic of Gilgamesh, and Fenrir is a Nordic creature, a monstrous demonic wolf bound until Ragnarok encompasses the worlds when he'll be freed and join in the epic battle of the gods in the end of days.

For the TL;DR-ers: Behemoth totally fits in with the naming conventions of Square Enix used and the mythological names of the other creatures.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I voted for Behemoth too..

Seeing that quite a lot of people are giving out their own views bout certain info that they have, I thought why not share something bout the Indian God Shiva that is prevalent in a lot of Square Enix games, predominantly seen in the FF series. I wonder if they will ever make Shiva into a male coz in the Hindu mythology Shiva is a male and his role is that of the destroyer. Ahh well seeing that BoB is a Square Enix game it sure would be nice to see Behemoth.. Cheers..

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hotzdevil said:
I voted for Behemoth too..

Seeing that quite a lot of people are giving out their own views bout certain info that they have, I thought why not share something bout the Indian God Shiva that is prevalent in a lot of Square Enix games, predominantly seen in the FF series. I wonder if they will ever make Shiva into a male coz in the Hindu mythology Shiva is a male and his role is that of the destroyer. Ahh well seeing that BoB is a Square Enix game it sure would be nice to see Behemoth.. Cheers..

Forgive my mythology nerdiness here...

Shiva is traditionally portrayed in a male form, but there is an iconic representation of Shiva shown as half man and half woman meant to represent the idea that the sacred highest power of the universe is both masculine and feminine at once. "He" is also depicted conflictingly as a fearsome destroyer and a benevolent, benign benefactor. He has been variably called by many names and titles that translate to entirely different things from "the one who consolidates" to "the one who destroys". Shiva actually has a whole host of varying and all encompassing roles that conflict quite a bit, but they're all there.

I admit Square Enix lost me in the association with ice, but I can only suppose that they were trying to assign some elemental properties and ice stuck.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You needn't apologise @ Leamonde.Halcyon..
Well in that note I guess they should've made him appear a man with feminine qualities than, but then again here in India every depiction of The Lord Shiva is in a manly form with no feminine like qualities, also he is amongst the 3 diving gods in Hindu beliefs the other two bring Brahma the Creator and Vishnu the Preserver. Well I'm not a Hindu though so all that I read and see may not be true fact, but out here he's considered very much as a male. Also I only wished thay gave Shiva a different element(but can't seem to associate any element with his role except fire lol)..

on a side note, I changed my avataar pic but now why won't it show, could it be because its deemed offensive plz do let me know if it is so i can then not use it????

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd say use Behemoth/Behemoths. This game is NOT Shadow of the Colossus, therefore does not need any more comparisons to SotC than it already has. Sure, it has giants you occasionally climb on during fights with them. That's where the similarities are supposed to end, not continue on! It's a separate game that isn't even in the same universe or developed by the same people, so why make them seem more connected than they are?

vince_chow

Trophies
XP
Country
I choose behlmoth because this game is made by Square enix. They have always used the name in their games somehow so why stop now?

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Valiarchon said:
justin05 said:
Chose Colossus. Behemoth is too mainstream for my liking.

How exactly is behemoth mainstream in the first place? ;S I think that's the worst qualification I've seen so far...

Behemoths, are like the classic names for monster in such games.( i.e: Final Fantasy). Not saying that its not good.
But this game being published by Square Enix, im sure this isn't avoidable.

To each is own dude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0