ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application (YATA)

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K. I followed your steps and what happend? Yata destroyed my folder color!
hni_0011uixok.jpg

Grey Folder (they should be white) and a brown hedgehog (should be blue)!
I have no idea what went wrong.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame YATA . When it comes to the folders and borders I noticed after extracting using extdattool that the colors are inverted or have some kind of color mask applied to them, so when the 3ds interprets the color its changed to something else.

Example:
http://imgur.com/thq1pWq

This is suppose to look like a normal treasure chest gold and brown, but is blue for some reason. I may look into this further to see whats going on.

Reactions: Zerousen

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't be so quick to blame YATA . When it comes to the folders and borders I noticed after extracting using extdattool that the colors are inverted or have some kind of color mask applied to them, so when the 3ds interprets the color its changed to something else.

Example:
http://imgur.com/thq1pWq

This is suppose to look like a normal treasure chest gold and brown, but is blue for some reason. I may look into this further to see whats going on.

To blame YATA was not my intention. I asked for the problem many times and the only answer i get from Rei was "LOL, that doesn´t happen to me".
It would be great if you find a solution for this weird problem.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To blame YATA was not my intention. I asked for the problem many times and the only answer i get from Rei was "LOL, that doesn´t happen to me".
It would be great if you find a solution for this weird problem.

He said that he's in the process of ironing it all out, and he made an easy to use program that has just been out for only a week. Bugs are to be expected, and all we can do is report to him the issues so that he can make it better.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to regret releasing this, lol.. Despite the fact that more than half of the 'problems' in this thread are layer 8 ones, it's still kinda stressful. I guess i'll look into making it more 'user friendly' when i can find time away from IRL obligations.

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeelp i figured out the color problems: the R and B values need to be switch because it reads them backwards (endian) in hex. :)

So if you want to fix this, open your photo editor and switch the R B numbers of every color then save it, then import.

Anyone know of a program that can batch switch RGB color values in a picture?

Reactions: ieatpixels

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Weeelp i figured out the color problems: the R and B values need to be switch because it reads them backwards (endian) in hex. :)

So if you want to fix this, open your photo editor and switch the R B numbers of every color then save it, then import.

wat? i tried little endian at first and it looked completely wrong, so i kept it as big endian.. i know the colors and the texture color of the folder somhow blend together..

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat? i tried little endian at first and it looked completely wrong, so i kept it as big endian.. i know the colors and the texture color of the folder somhow blend together..

I just went into photoshop and switch the R and B values and it switched to the colors that show up in the theme. That for the borders and folder color.

D

Deleted User

oh I tried to load an custom theme and I got this error
View attachment 14779
This don't happened when I opened the one i made on CustomThemeTools o-o
*snort* It wasn't me who deleted it. PhotoBucket must've thought I was trying to hack people with a corrupted image, when in fact the image is fine.

This time, trying imgur:

I'm having these same problems even if I'm using the 'latest' build in the OP.

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yes I painstakingly went in and switched all the R and B values in photoshop for my folder and border pictures(02-05) and now everything looks how its suppose to look.

Reactions: MaNiAlJoWo

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting another "bug," but not sure if bug or just hasn't been implemented yet.

When open a folder, inside there is a tab on top with an arrow, I found that in your program there is no way to modify this tab and arrow colors, though there should be a way to.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I have some problems making my theme to work. Whenever I save my theme and re-open it the bottom picture gets replaced with a kinda corrupted version of the top picture.

BAF.png

The same thing happens when I use Custom Theme Tools (Though it also corrupts the top image, YATA doesn't). That happens only when I have the Frame Type in bottom as "none", with any other option the bottom pic becomes half the top picture and half a corrupted bottom picture.

The top picture is 1024x256, the bottom one is 512x256.

Any help is appreciated o:

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some problems making my theme to work. Whenever I save my theme and re-open it the bottom picture gets replaced with a kinda corrupted version of the top picture.

BAF.png

The same thing happens when I use Custom Theme Tools (Though it also corrupts the top image, YATA doesn't). That happens only when I have the Frame Type in bottom as "none", with any other option the bottom pic becomes half the top picture and half a corrupted bottom picture.

The top picture is 1024x256, the bottom one is 512x256.

Any help is appreciated o:

I've seen this happen when the pictures are the wrong size. Is the original body_LZ.bin the same proportions? Though, you should be able to change that in yatta. Shouldn't the bottom screen proportions bee 320X240?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I've seen this happen when the pictures are the wrong size. Is the original body_LZ.bin the same proportions? Though, you should be able to change that in yatta. Shouldn't the bottom screen proportions bee 320X240?

The bottom screen only shows 320x240 but every pic must be 2^n in size. Also the files are not the same size as the original in the body_LZ (512x256 top, 1024x256 bottom), but I also tried switching the top pic with the bottom (so the picture's size match with the original) but I get the same result.

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Photofiltre Studio X can do the job, you just need to go to filter > color > swap rgb channel. :)
Pretty good program IMO, simple and clean.

Reactions: s1nharvest

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Photofiltre Studio X can do the job, you just need to go to filter > color > swap rgb channel. :)
Pretty good program IMO, simple and clean.

I found out later how to do it really easy in photoshop (probably possible in gimp too). In photoshop: Image>adjustments>channel mixer. Then in with the red output channel selected, change red to 0 and blue to 100. Then change the output-channel to blue and change blue to 0 and red to 100. In gimp its colors>components>channel mixer, and the exact same process.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I managed to fix it, I used a theme from the custom theme thread that used scrolling upper screen and replaced it with the pictures and it worked just fine. If anyone is having a similar problem try using different body_LZ files.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty sure i have the latest version, and i suppose it could be something on my end, but it seems red and blue channels are inverted for the folder icons when saved

oh nvm i should of read the last page before posting , i guess your aware of it :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm