ROM Hack [Release][WIP] Dragon Quest 8 3ED (Orchestrated, Uncensored and Undubbed)

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:0 how have have you figured it out?
It works basically the same as any other game patching done using Luma. You'll need the files for the patch, first of all. Then on your SD or microSD card, you'll need to create a directory for the Dragon Quest 8 patch files. The directory should look like "luma > titles > [game ID]" with the ">" symbol indicating that "titles" and "[game ID]" are subdirectories. So no spaces and no ">" symbol or brackets or quotation marks, those are subfolders inside the "luma" folder. Inside the game ID folder, you can paste any of the various patch contents for Dragon Quest 8. You can find the game ID for whichever region of Dragon Quest 8 you're using by googling 3DS title key database; the game ID for the US version of the game is 000400000018F100, if that's what you're patching.

So with the archive.org download link above, you'd unzip that using 7zip, and if you just want the orchestral soundtrack, you find the folder that says something like "Orchestral_BGM" (it might be a space instead of an underscore, I don't have it on my PC any more and have no reason to redownload it myself to check), and you copy the folder that says "RomFS" into the "[game ID]" folder. If you want the restoration or undub content, same deal, everything in their RomFS folders goes inside the RomFS folder at "luma > titles > [game ID] > romfs".

You'll also need to turn luma game patching on, you can probably figure out how to do that yourself though.

Jac Falcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly finishes and then I get this error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Total Copied Skipped Mismatch FAILED Extras Dirs : 5 0 5 0 0 8 Files : 18 18 0 0 0 7410 Bytes : 5.79 m 5.79 m 0 0 0 1.360 g Times : 0:00:06 0:00:01 0:00:00 0:00:05 Speed : 4,930,311 Bytes/sec. Speed : 282.115 MegaBytes/min. Ended : Monday, April 15, 2024 6:37:08 PM Building a modified decrypted CIA... .Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6 Building as CIA... [3dstool] ERROR: open file D:\Games (D)\Emulation\3DS\Dragon Quest VIII UNDUB patch [3ED v5]\dotnet3dstoolkit\Extracted\HeaderNCCH2.bin failed [3dstool] ERROR: create file failed

I checked in the folder specified and HeaderNCCH2.bin doesn't seem to exist.

D-ach

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have some problem with the patch
My context:
I download the patch on Internet Archive, where the last modified date from 11-Nov-2022 10:09
I want to patch the EUR cia of the game
I have 8.00 GB (5.88 GB usable) on Windows 11

i attached some picture of my console, one at the start and one at the end of the processus.

and log.txt:
Parsing CIA in file "game.cia":
Parsing NCCH 0
Product code: CTR-P-BQ8P
KeyY: 320F64AF98AD40DD014CA66DA1F0D58F
Title ID: 000400000018F200
Format version: 2
Uses Extra NCCH crypto, keyslot 0x25
Couldn't find seed in seeddb, checking online...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "decrypt.py", line 430, in <module>
File "decrypt.py", line 252, in parseCIA
File "decrypt.py", line 307, in parseNCCH
File "decrypt.py", line 194, in getNewkeyY
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4
Failed to execute script decrypt
[SETTING ERROR] Argument "-rsf" is required

Attachments

• Console1.png
    Console1.png
    39 KB · Views: 2
  • Console2.png
    Console2.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch