Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

RangoMcRoony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I should be worried but whenever I inject a Wii game and install it using Wup installer GX2, the entire screen/console crashes after install is complete. The only visible thing is a black screen with some white pixels in the top left corner. The gamepad itself is completely blank.

After turning the Wii u off from the console off button and tuning it back on the games appear installed and work fine as far as I can tell.
update:

seems to be an issue with the teconmoon injector. I just switched to uwuvci injector instead and everything works fine

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

RangoMcRoony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: SaulFabre

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
  1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
  2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
  3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
  4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
  5. ???
  6. Profit
Now you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.
I cannot manage to patch the main.dol with apply_patch.bat. I have windows on virtual machine on Mac and it gives me error. Please, can anyone help me? is there an alternative method?

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
  1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
  2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
  3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
  4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
  5. ???
  6. Profit
Now you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.
I finally managed to patch it. Do I have to select ''force gamepad as CC'' at injection or just ''Classic Controller Emulation''?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to inject gotcha force, but every install ive tried comes up with an error saying to delete the data, so the game cant be played. anyone know how to get gamecube games working? i tried minimal banners used (no optional). the iso is in nkit format im not sure if thats the issue. i'd assume the software would say its invalid if it was an issue?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trying to inject gotcha force, but every install ive tried comes up with an error saying to delete the data, so the game cant be played. anyone know how to get gamecube games working? i tried minimal banners used (no optional). the iso is in nkit format im not sure if thats the issue. i'd assume the software would say its invalid if it was an issue?
You shouldn't use nkit isos they are an it and miss with nintendont, use 1:1 GC redump isos for best compatibility

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't use nkit isos they are an it and miss with nintendont, use 1:1 GC redump isos for best compatibility
ah yeah, i put them back into normal iso format and its working now, another question though, any idea how to have some per game settings? gotcha force is made for 4:3 but other games like f zero and starfox allow for wide screen but there doesn;t seem to be an easy way to allow select game use widescreen?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ah yeah, i put them back into normal iso format and its working now, another question though, any idea how to have some per game settings? gotcha force is made for 4:3 but other games like f zero and starfox allow for wide screen but there doesn;t seem to be an easy way to allow select game use widescreen?
nope nintendont only has global settings , to get per game settings you would need to use an usb loader where you pick your settings per game, to change settings for each game is better to have a nintendont solo forwarder with a random game on sd card(since nintendont needs a game to be started to save settings) change what you want, start said game and exit and thendtart your inject, also you can try the nintendont widescreen hack, force widescreen sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it doesnt its try and see.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally managed to patch it. Do I have to select ''force gamepad as CC'' at injection or just ''Classic Controller Emulation''?
For me just CC Emulation did the trick, no Force, I did need Force in some other games though which the compatibility wiki page doesn’t mention like with Sonic Colors, Sega Superstars Tennis, Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary and the DDR Hottest Party games.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
do you know if you're able to compress the ISO at all with any tool? i just realised the 8 or so games i have made up custom icons and stuff wont fit on the nand, rather not use the sd card if possible.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
do you know if you're able to compress the ISO at all with any tool? i just realised the 8 or so games i have made up custom icons and stuff wont fit on the nand, rather not use the sd card if possible.
you can compress almost any iso with afew exceptions with dmtoolbox, just make sure you dont forget to toogle the 32 bit alligment or the iso wont be good and if it has audiostreaming it will crash nintendont. some isos cant be trimmed by dmtoolbox like kirby air ride and afew others but its a matter of trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch