Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sorry haha yes i did i installed it in the root of my sd card and in the wiiu/apps one but im not sure if i did it properly :(

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am on Eur Region can i inject a NTSC Version? Wanna play Resident Evil 2 and 3 Uncut in English. Not in the Pal Version and dont wanna switch everytime Langue to make it uncut in the pal.

Last edited by SnakeEater,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh sorry haha yes i did i installed it in the root of my sd card and in the wiiu/apps one but im not sure if i did it properly :(

When your using this script, make sure you use the "Nintendont SD Card Menu" option, make sure you have your SD CARD mounted on your PC, and then select the "Download Latest Nintendont from GitHub" option.
This will download the latest copy of the files to your SD CARD, this will insure the folder/files are in the right place. While your on this options menu, make sure you TICK the "Memcard Emulation" option box and then click the "Generate Nintendont Config File (ninfg.bin)" this will generate the config file needed for Nintendont and it copies it to the root of your SD CARD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am on Eur Region can i inject a NTSC Version? Wanna play Resident Evil 2 and 3 Uncut in English. Not in the Pal Version and dont wanna switch everytime Langue to make it uncut in the pal.

For GC injects, NTSC versions work fine on PAL region console, infact the NTSC is preferred as most games have 480p as a display option which in terms better than PAL60. Unless you want to play in languages other than English then most PAL games will include other languages compared to the NTSC versions which only include English, however there are some NTSC version that will include others but rarely.

For Wii injects, it depends on the game, if the NTSC game supports PAL video modes, then you should be fine injecting/playing NTSC Wii games on PAL region WiiU consoles. If you inject a NTSC game, and it boots to BLACK screen, that means the game does not support PAL video modes. If this is the case, then I suggest you use the "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC...." option in the Advanced tab. This option allows you to patch the NTSC video modes to PAL so the game can be played, I have used this option and it works well, it should work on most NTSC games that normally boots to black screen, but there are some odd games that just out right doesn't work.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When your using this script, make sure you use the "Nintendont SD Card Menu" option, make sure you have your SD CARD mounted on your PC, and then select the "Download Latest Nintendont from GitHub" option.
This will download the latest copy of the files to your SD CARD, this will insure the folder/files are in the right place. While your on this options menu, make sure you TICK the "Memcard Emulation" option box and then click the "Generate Nintendont Config File (ninfg.bin)" this will generate the config file needed for Nintendont and it copies it to the root of your SD CARD.

For GC injects, NTSC versions work fine on PAL region console, infact the NTSC is preferred as most games have 480p as a display option which in terms better than PAL60. Unless you want to play in languages other than English then most PAL games will include other languages compared to the NTSC versions which only include English, however there are some NTSC version that will include others but rarely.

For Wii injects, it depends on the game, if the NTSC game supports PAL video modes, then you should be fine injecting/playing NTSC Wii games on PAL region WiiU consoles. If you inject a NTSC game, and it boots to BLACK screen, that means the game does not support PAL video modes. If this is the case, then I suggest you use the "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC...." option in the Advanced tab. This option allows you to patch the NTSC video modes to PAL so the game can be played, I have used this option and it works well, it should work on most NTSC games that normally boots to black screen, but there are some odd games that just out right doesn't work.

Thanks Xs4all for the reply, i tried doing what you said with the nintendont sd card options everytime i try to load a GC inject it shows the wii logo come up but then my entire wii u shuts off, im not sure whats going on.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks Xs4all for the reply, i tried doing what you said with the nintendont sd card options everytime i try to load a GC inject it shows the wii logo come up but then my entire wii u shuts off, im not sure whats going on.

Ok, since you haven't got any GC injects to work, I'd assume, there wont be any GC memory card saves on your SD CARD, but it doesn't hurt to check. On the root of your SD CARD, check to see if you have a "saves" folder, this is where Nintendont saves the GC memory card files in *.raw format, if you have any files in there, delete everything and try booting the GC game again.

What device are you installing the games to? USB HDD? USB Memory Stick? or internal system memory?

If you using a USB Device, what you could try is, uninstall the game, install the game again, but this time install to your internal system memory instead, make sure you disconnect your USB device when doing this. Just want to rule out if you rUSB device is/might be causing any issues and yes it's ok to install injects to your internal system memory, just don't go shutting off your console half way during the install process.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, since you haven't got any GC injects to work, I'd assume, there wont be any GC memory card saves on your SD CARD, but it doesn't hurt to check. On the root of your SD CARD, check to see if you have a "saves" folder, this is where Nintendont saves the GC memory card files in *.raw format, if you have any files in there, delete everything and try booting the GC game again.

What device are you installing the games to? USB HDD? USB Memory Stick? or internal system memory?

If you using a USB Device, what you could try is, uninstall the game, install the game again, but this time install to your internal system memory instead, make sure you disconnect your USB device when doing this. Just want to rule out if you rUSB device is/might be causing any issues and yes it's ok to install injects to your internal system memory, just don't go shutting off your console half way during the install process.

ive been trying to run it off he system nand, ive deleted that raw file in saves but now when i run the game it freezes my wii u after the wii logo

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@xs4all
thank u very much , but can u explain why 480p is better than pal 60 ? i thought its the same ?
i think its will only matter if pal 60 is not avaible?

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow i had to delet that saved file in the save file like 10 times then it decided to run the game, thanks xs4all you helped me out alot :)

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@xs4all
thank u very much , but can u explain why 480p is better than pal 60 ? i thought its the same ?
i think its will only matter if pal 60 is not avaible?

Sorry, I should have rephrased that better, what I meant to say is that 480p is better than PAL50 which is the standard for EUR, unless the EUR game supports PAL60. Most NTSC GC games support 480p whereas not all EUR games support PAL60.

wow i had to delet that saved file in the save file like 10 times then it decided to run the game, thanks xs4all you helped me out alot :)

Glad that worked out for you.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I should have rephrased that better, what I meant to say is that 480p is better than PAL50 which is the standard for EUR, unless the EUR game supports PAL60. Most NTSC GC games support 480p whereas not all EUR games support PAL60.

Glad that worked out for you.

everytime i try to load the gamecube game while save files exsist i can load the game anymore so does this mean i cant save my games?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
everytime i try to load the gamecube game while save files exsist i can load the game anymore so does this mean i cant save my games?

Ok, just confirming what you are saying, so when the save file is deleted from the SD CARD\saves folder, the GC game boots fine, but once it creates the save file, the next time you boot a GC game it doesn't work anymore?

If this is the case, I have not heard of this before, have you got another SD CARD you could try? just duplicate the files to a new SD CARD and see if it does the same thing.

EDIT:
Correct, without the *.raw save file, you wont be able to save.

Last edited by xs4all,

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, just confirming what you are saying, so when the save file is deleted from the SD CARD\saves folder, the GC game boots fine, but once it creates the save file, the next time you boot a GC game it doesn't work anymore?

If this is the case, I have not heard of this before, have you got another SD CARD you could try? just duplicate the files to a new SD CARD and see if it does the same thing.

EDIT:
Correct, without the *.raw save file, you wont be able to save.

Ive tries that the games sometimes load or then dont it's odd what its doing ive tried the other sd card but its giving me the same thing

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ive tries that the games sometimes load or then dont it's odd what its doing ive tried the other sd card but its giving me the same thing

As mentioned in my previous reply, I suggest you try/do a test install a GC game to your internal system memory instead of your USB device (make sure you HDD is not plugged in).
This will eliminate the possibility that your USB HDD is having issues in vWii mode, even though it works fine in WiiU mode. In the past I helped someone who had similar issues as yours and as a test, when they installed the game to system memory, it worked first time/every time and his USB HDD was the culprit even though the same drive works fine in WiiU mode and installed WiiU games works fine, just in vWii mode it would sometimes work. So this could be what your experiencing, doesn't hurt to try.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As mentioned in my previous reply, I suggest you try/do a test install a GC game to your internal system memory instead of your USB device (make sure you HDD is not plugged in).
This will eliminate the possibility that your USB HDD is having issues in vWii mode, even though it works fine in WiiU mode. In the past I helped someone who had similar issues as yours and as a test, when they installed the game to system memory, it worked first time/every time and his USB HDD was the culprit even though the same drive works fine in WiiU mode and installed WiiU games works fine, just in vWii mode it would sometimes work. So this could be what your experiencing, doesn't hurt to try.

The games i have run off my wii u system nand i dont have any harddrives connected to it

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep trying, it keeps making that raw save file with 0 kb i deleted it a few times but jts not helping launch the game

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I keep trying, it keeps making that raw save file with 0 kb i deleted it a few times but jts not helping launch the game

Is your vWii soft modded? Another thing you could try is boot in to vWii and boot up Nintendont, once loaded, exit back to vWii, then boot back to WiiU mode, then try booting your GC injects, during this process dont restart your WiiU console. There is also reports for some that, booting into Nintendont at lease once before launching the GC inject helps, yes it's not ideal way to get GC injects working but at least there is a work around.

Also, another test, copy over the GC ISO to your SD CARD (make sure the GC ISO is in the correct folder structure on the SD CARD or else you wont see the game in the list), launch Nintendont in vWii mode (vWii has to to be softmodded) and try manually launching the GC ISO's directly from SD CARD and see if that works without freezing.

Venom2284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your vWii soft modded? Another thing you could try is boot in to vWii and boot up Nintendont, once loaded, exit back to vWii, then boot back to WiiU mode, then try booting your GC injects, during this process dont restart your WiiU console. There is also reports for some that, booting into Nintendont at lease once before launching the GC inject helps, yes it's not ideal way to get GC injects working but at least there is a work around.

Also, another test, copy over the GC ISO to your SD CARD (make sure the GC ISO is in the correct folder structure on the SD CARD or else you wont see the game in the list), launch Nintendont in vWii mode (vWii has to to be softmodded) and try manually launching the GC ISO's directly from SD CARD and see if that works without freezing.

Im unable to softmod the vwii since i dont have a wiimote so im stuck with trying to get these injects to work i dont know why it keeps.corrupting my save files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0