Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to inject ScummVM into the homebrew script but it keeps failing with:
"System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MAIN\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\TIKTEMP\tmd.bin'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)"

Any ideas why?
it would be amazing to have ScummVM working from the Wii U home screen ;)

I got ScummVM successfully injected, but I got a different problem. Every time I try to launch it, it goes directly into a black screen. How do I fix it?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY like this tool! Though I have had an issue with 007: Agent Under Fire Reloaded.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3731/

It will run fine on my Wii through USB Loader Gx, but as a Wii U channel it will eventually crash on stage 2, though not always at the same point.

I have not tested it under the vWii yet, but wanted to bring it up to see if anyone else has had similar experiences. And to showcase this amazing MOD!

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,
just a little question: Can I somehow use the Gamepad and Wiimotes simultaneously in Wii games? I'm trying to install Mario Kart Wii and built the inject using the Classic Controller Emulation option, now the Wii U Gamepad is recognised as a Classic Controller but I can't sync additional Wiimotes. Is it possible to get this to work in one way or another?

Reactions: send0r

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
When I start a Gamecube game with the Wii U Gamepad, the game does not use the gamecube controls. It only uses the WiiU Gamepad as controller one and the pro commands of WiiU as the rest of the controls. I can not avoid the option of using WiiU Gamepad because I do not have Wii Remote. What I can do? Thank you!

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has Wii homebrew disc launching been implemented yet? I injected CTGP-R, which requires a MKWii disc, and it seems to be detecting something, but only sets off a anti-cheat error built into the CTGP channel (presumably).

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to add a function to change the aspect ratio in the future? It would be very useful, at least in the Resident Evil Remake Wii game, where the game does not support widescreen, but when I configured it by USB Loarder GX for it to run in 4: 3, it would look strangely better. Thanks for listening

Last edited by vbarros22,

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
When I start a Gamecube game with the Wii U Gamepad, the game does not use the gamecube controls. It only uses the WiiU Gamepad as controller one and the pro commands of WiiU as the rest of the controls. I can not avoid the option of using WiiU Gamepad because I do not have Wii Remote. What I can do? Thank you!

Anybody can help me? Thanks!!!

SOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bug? fix it?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 427

Jindex

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked in a few places but I can't find anyone else with my problem. When I inject wii games combatible with classic controller and launch them I have an issue using the left control stick only. If I hold it completely straight up the cursor/charactor will move down instead. I've tried resyncing but it doesn't help. That is the only control issue and only occurs with wii games using classic controller compatibility. Gamecube works on gamepad fine as do other injections (n64,ds,gba etc). If someone has experienced this and found a solution please let me know. Thanks.

WhaleZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Amazing app! Just discovered it today. Currently in the process of transferring my entire GCN library over to WUP to use on the Wii-U. Thanks so very much

WhaleZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
300 titles?? U mean, GC titles or titles in total?

Also, it says now when running the games, I have no memory card inserted, so I currently can't save. How to attach a memory card?

WhaleZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ahh, what a drag...

Well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll have to show restraint in choosing the games I decide to port over. Thanks for the heads up!

so, to clarify, you mean 300 "channels"? (System menu selection, 15 per page)

D

Deleted User

Do i have to homebrew my vwii for wii retail injects? I'm trying to install wii games, but when I launch any of them, it just shows a black screen. Could this be the problem?

Syph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, what a drag...

Well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll have to show restraint in choosing the games I decide to port over. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, its a total 300 limit for icons (Channels, Settings, the Disc icon, etc.).

I've had to limit myself to 30 games per nintendo system (NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GBA, DS) and 15 games for others (TGX, SGEN, and WiiWare) for a total of 285 titles not including system titles. I essentially have a "classic" for every system plus my personal favorites.

I know that emulators would be more efficient since then they would only take up 1 title space but contain more games, but I'm OCD on uniformity and making things look "official".

Do i have to homebrew my vwii for wii retail injects? I'm trying to install wii games, but when I launch any of them, it just shows a black screen. Could this be the problem?

You shouldn't need to homebrew your vWii for any of Teconmoon's Injections. It could be the game, have you checked the compatibility list?

Also, oddly enough, I have experienced some issues with Wii injections and the TV being off (trying to play strictly through the gamepad). I haven't had a boot to black screen but I have had the system bring up the "use gamepad" question 2-3 times and then I get a black screen when trying to exit the game.

Last edited by Syph,
D

Deleted User

You shouldn't need to homebrew your vWii for any of Teconmoon's Injections. It could be the game, have you checked the compatibility list?
I checked the compatibility list, but the game I'm trying to install(Wii Sports Resort) isn't on the list. I will try to install a compatible game from the list. Thanks for the help.

spacebromiles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to use the program for like 2 days and now I am unable to get it to boot on my computer? has anyone come across a similiar issue or have a suggested fix?

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, what a drag...

Yes kind of a drag, but if hack the vwii side; you can carefully put many of the older VC games on it and a sd card. leaving the wii u menu available for more games of other types; unfortunately for games you install on vwii you do lose the gamepad/wii u pro controller usage, as well as save state...

guess you just have to pick and choose where to put stuff.

Reactions: WhaleZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/