Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, would it ever be possible to completely omit the need of a wiimote in the case of a game not requiring it? I was only curious once i started looking at the options in the program.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was messing around with this beautiful injector earlier and I got really surprised on how great GC games feel with the gamepad. Despite the terrible battery, I actually think it's a great controller and it just clicks perfectly with the games I tested. This GUI version is just incredibly awesome, thank you very much.

The overall consensus is that the Wii VC N64 emulation is better than the Wii U VC N64 emulation, right? Or am I just remembering it wrong?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The overall consensus is that the Wii VC N64 emulation is better than the Wii U VC N64 emulation, right? Or am I just remembering it wrong?
Ehmmmm...
Kind of?
Wii U VC plays some games Not64 can't and viceversa, you might switch between the two if you have an extensive library you want to play.
(Though sadly none of them play RE2 nor Rogue Squadron without issues [or at all] atm, which are my top N64 games :P)

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ehmmmm...
Kind of?
Wii U VC plays some games Not64 can't and viceversa, you might switch between the two if you have an extensive library you want to play.
(Though sadly none of them play RE2 nor Rogue Squadron without issues [or at all] atm, which are my top N64 games :P)

That's not what I meant lol but it's good you brought it up because it reminded me to test how Not64 performs here. I meant the Virtual Console emulator (both vWii and Wii U), as far I remember the Wii VC games didn't have such a drastic dark filter and didn't lag as much.

I really need to get me a new N64 controller so I can dig out the console and play Rogue Squadron (and Battle for Naboo) again, those games and Racer are awesome.

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The build of nfs2iso2nfs you're using is getting detected as a virus.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at TeconMoon_s_WiiVC_Injector.WiiVC_Injector.LaunchProgram()
at TeconMoon_s_WiiVC_Injector.WiiVC_Injector.TheBigOneTM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
If you'd like, here's one that I compiled. Seems to work.

Last edited by missionfloyd,

torekiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As cucholix mentioned, @Sumea managed to figured out why Wii games boots to black screen, reason being is the video modes that has been encoded into the Wii game.

Here is the run down:

What Works:
USA Region Console: USA region games works fine.
EUR/PAL Region Console: EUR/PAL region games work fine.

May/May Not Work :
USA Region Console: EUR/PAL region games, most will boot to black screen.
EUR/PAL Region Console: USA region games, 50/50 chance the game will work.

Now moving along to Video Mode Patching.

NTSC to PAL: Has a HIGH success rate of games working on EUR/PAL region console with this patch.
PAL to NTSC: Very LOW success rate, or not work at all.

So it's best practice to inject YOUR region games if you want a working inject or you'll get the dreaded boot to black screen.
As for those exclusive EUR/PAL games that is not released in USA, only way to find out if the game will work on USA region console is to inject as per normal, hoping the game will boot, if not, then re inject with the PAL to NTSC video mode patch, and see if it works, if it doesn't, then your out of luck.

Reason why games that do work on cross region consoles is probably due to the game developer encoding the game video modes to cater for both NTSC and PAL.
Such apps like Generic Wii Patcher and Wii VMC which checks the MAIN.DOL file for video modes, you will see each game will have varying video modes for that game, this is possibly due to the various video formats around the world, as the Wii only had Composite Video (Video: Yellow, Audio: Red/White) and Component Video (Video Red/Green/Blue, Audio: Red/White) and I believe there is SCART cable was in the mix as well. So devs had to encode the standard video modes for that region in there games. It would have been nice if they included ALL video modes in their games. These days we don't have this issues as HDMI is pretty much standard.

The above info is from personal experience with injecting, mainly for others, when starting Wii injects in the beginning, I had a few feed backs regarding PAL to NTSC injects, and all the injects I did, didn't work, all boot to black screen.

Hope this info helps.
Yes, very usefull!
My experience:
Using patch video mode in advanced settings DKCR NTSC finally works on my PAL vWii!!
Thank you and cucholix

Last edited by torekiki,

torekiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Neon448

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
“Nfs2iso2Nfs has stopped working” anyone know the issue? The message only pops up when I’m injecting mkwii and Super Mario sunshine

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have .net v4.5 runtime
can I install v4.7.1 runtime at the same time, or should I uninstall the old one first ?

last time I updated net framework (from windows update, it was marked as "failed install"), my computer crashed and lost access to some MMC (in the group policy, "windows could not create the snap-in" when trying to access the firewall settings). I had to restore an old backup to get it back.
now I'm afraid to update in case it happens again.
is there a full offline package ? I suspect it was caused by blocked network access when trying to update. or I should open the firewall and set it back after install... (I don't like opening it without rules)

I tried your program with 4.5, but it crashes when trying to download files from your repository.
I didn't try to build any channel with it yet.

Last edited by Cyan,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have .net v4.5 runtime
can I install v4.7.1 runtime at the same time, or should I uninstall the old one first ?

last time I updated net framework (from windows update, it was marked as "failed install"), my computer crashed and lost access to some MMC (in the group policy, "windows could not create the snap-in" when trying to access the firewall settings). I had to restore an old backup to get it back.
now I'm afraid to update in case it happens again.
is there a full offline package ? I suspect it was caused by blocked network access when trying to update. or I should open the firewall and set it back after install... (I don't like opening it without rules)

I tried your program with 4.5, but it crashes when trying to download files from your repository.
I didn't try to build any channel with it yet.

Odd, the program shouldn't even run if at least 4.6.1 isn't installed. I would use this offline installer to make sure .NET is up to date: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56116

Reactions: Cyan

Games Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamesxtremes-gaming-and-modding.blogspot.de
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any possibility to play the injected Wii games in Multiplayer?:huh:
In the GC injection I'm able to connect my WiiU Pro Controller and my 2 Classic Controller attached on 2 WiiMotes.
In the Wii Mode they are blinking but didn't connect.:unsure:
Also, despite i have VMC on my vWii vor my Wii and GC games every game i start creates new savegames.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated build in OP with 3.0.1, here is the changlog. This is still being considered an alpha release as we work through the initial problems:

# Changelog

## [3.0.1]
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience (lol gotcha)
-- Fixed an error with the repo download button where if you didn't specify a game you received an exception error
-- Added a check for if JNUSTool failed to download the source files, seems to be the main point of failure
-- Most reports of failure seem to be coming from non-english locales, I tested with spanish locales but will be testing more soon

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, would it ever be possible to completely omit the need of a wiimote in the case of a game not requiring it? I was only curious once i started looking at the options in the program.
This is already an option. For Wii Games and vWii NAND Title Launchers, if you don't specify a GamePad emulation mode you will not be prompted. For Wii HomeBrew and GameCube games, there's an option in the advanced tab to not prompt for GamePad usage at all.

Edit: Reading this again I think I misunderstood your question. If you mean something like how if you choose a game, don't use the GamePad, and you need to choose TV or TV + GamePad to continue, this is not something that can be disabled. This is a limitation of the WiiVC Mode that this entire program is based on.

Is there any possibility to play the injected Wii games in Multiplayer?:huh:
In the GC injection I'm able to connect my WiiU Pro Controller and my 2 Classic Controller attached on 2 WiiMotes.
In the Wii Mode they are blinking but didn't connect.:unsure:
Also, despite i have VMC on my vWii vor my Wii and GC games every game i start creates new savegames.
For the injected Wii games, if you are using the GamePad then no other controllers can be connected. This can not be worked around at the moment.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with VMC as it has nothing to do with saves at all, but Wii saves are just saved to vWii the same as if you put in a disc. For GameCube games, did you setup memory card emulation settings in the configuration generator?

Last edited by TeconMoon,
Reactions: Nemesis90

Games Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamesxtremes-gaming-and-modding.blogspot.de
XP
Country
Germany
For the Wii multiplayer i have the option to disable the GamePad and the i'm able to play multiplayer, if i understand this correctly?:huh:
With the word VMC i meant the emulated GC memory card. I have one for each GC game on my FAT32 formatted drive that I use on my vWii for my Wii and GC games and i want to use them on the injected games.
If i start a injected GC at the first startup the integrated nNintendont creates a new virtual 2056? block Memory Card
Or is there a possibility to us the vWii NAND Title Launche to boot directly to USB Loader GX or Nintendont?

but Wii saves are just saved to vWii the same as if you put in a disc.

If I understand this right I must save my Wii games in the vWii on the NAND and not on the EmuNAND , then i'm able to use my saves in the Wii VC injections.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Wii multiplayer i have the option to disable the GamePad and the i'm able to play multiplayer, if i understand this correctly?:huh:
With the word VMC i meant the emulated GC memory card. I have one for each GC game on my FAT32 formatted drive that I use on my vWii for my Wii and GC games and i want to use them on the injected games.
If i start a injected GC at the first startup the integrated nNintendont creates a new virtual 2056? block Memory Card
Or is there a possibility to us the vWii NAND Title Launche to boot directly to USB Loader GX or Nintendont?

If I understand this right I must save my Wii games in the vWii on the NAND and not on the EmuNAND , then i'm able to use my saves in the Wii VC injections.
Wii saves are loaded from NAND, not EmuNAND. Your GameCube Virtual Memory Cards need to be placed on your SD Card in the Saves folder, not a USB.

Reactions: Games Xtreme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land