Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the wii vc classic controller emulation is not perfect as nintendo never really finished it, you should use my very latest nfs2iso2nfs and maybe use it with -instantcc in the command line which helps some titles

Updating the nfs2iso2nfs to the latest version and using "-instantcc" solved the problem with Sonic Colors :grog:

It worked flawlessly this time :yayu:

upload_2017-10-10_3-1-39.png

Last edited by MG4M3R,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kevinbrew I just made RE4 and it works fine for me, it works nicely on gamepad.

You have to extract the game with WIT, find the main.dol and drag and drop it into GetExtTypePatcher.exe then repack the iso with WIT and put the iso, renamed to game.iso into the SOURCE_FILES folder of the script with your tga or png images and run the script. tell it to use gamepad and not to emulate wiimote and I would suggest to switch the L and R with ZL and ZR, make sure if you have another version of the game on your system, to delete the old one before installing the new one to avoid confusion.

Last edited by wicksand420,

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I got it working, with no issues on NTSC ISO and USA console. PATCHING with the patcher.exe

Gonna re patch it tomorrow and show how I did it, that way everyone can see how to do it.
what base game did you use?
also i can play the game,i just cant use it with gamepad. wants me to plug in nunchuk

Last edited by kevinbrew,

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've managed to successfully converted my Wii games in .wbfs backups to installable WUP files. I was transferring them and noticed that the transfer speed is exceptionally fast. And noticed that the WUP installable games a mere 10 MB from an iso/wbfs that worth from 3 to 4 gigs!

Haven't installed them but I bet my ass it wont work. Here's my log.txt

The games I tried are Bully, Wii sport resorts, Okami, and the Last Story. They are all just 10 MB after converted

Attachments

• log.txt
    85.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by misterdarvus,

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
AWESOME! Then your problem was, the PAL iso., which I think a lot of people told YOU not to use it. xD
Theres only one game left that i cannot get to work,that is MLB Power Pros and MLB Power Pros 2008. Get a black screen with these games and theres only a NTSC Release

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it includes c2w_patcher, make sure to update it to v1.2, so we dont get stuff wrongly patched anymore cause I messed up in v1.1. still gets called the same, just replace the exe.
I'll update it now, thanks for the heads up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've managed to successfully converted my Wii games in .wbfs backups to installable WUP files. I was transferring them and noticed that the transfer speed is exceptionally fast. And noticed that the WUP installable games a mere 10 MB from an iso/wbfs that worth from 3 to 4 gigs!

Haven't installed them but I bet my ass it wont work. Here's my log.txt

The games I tried are Bully, Wii sport resorts, Okami, and the Last Story. They are all just 10 MB after converted
Why do you have a boot.dol in your Source_files folder? That's making the script recognize your injection as homebrew and basically skipping your game.

Reactions: DarthDub

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why do you have a boot.dol in your Source_files folder? That's making the script recognize your injection as homebrew and basically skipping your game.
You don't need boot.dol? The first page makes me think so.

I always thought you need 3 things in the source_files folder:
1. boot.dol
2. iso/wbfs for wii, gcm for gamecube
3. tga files

No wonder when I boot Wii sports resort, it boots into Nintendon't :P (I think it was leftover when I converted GC games). That's reading comprehension for me

So I don't have to use boot.dol for clean Wii games?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need boot.dol? The first page makes me think so.

I always thought you need 3 things in the source_files folder:
1. boot.dol
2. iso/wbfs for wii, gcm for gamecube
3. tga files

No wonder when I boot Wii sports resort, it boots into Nintendon't :P (I think it was leftover when I converted GC games). That's reading comprehension for me

So I don't have to use boot.dol for clean Wii games?
boot.dol for Wii Homebrew is what it says.

You only need three files in the Source_files folder. Your game file (game.wbfs), your icon file (iconTex.png) and your banner file (bootTvTex.png).

if it includes c2w_patcher, make sure to update it to v1.2, so we dont get stuff wrongly patched anymore cause I messed up in v1.1. still gets called the same, just replace the exe.
Script has been updated with the latest version of c2w_patcher, available as version 2.2.6 from the OP.

Reactions: DarthDub

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
where do i put the -instantcc command, can someone screenshot it?

OOPS SORY I THOUGHT YOU SAID VERTICAL COMMAND

There you go screenshot 90

Attachments

• Screenshot (89).png
    Screenshot (89).png
    43.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot (90).png
    Screenshot (90).png
    47.3 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: Kantus88

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Theres only one game left that i cannot get to work,that is MLB Power Pros and MLB Power Pros 2008. Get a black screen with these games and theres only a NTSC Release
I've reported before that you have to patch (probably) most NTSC games' video mode to get them to not blackscreen on PAL consoles, yes even on Wii U. Wii backup loaders had a video mode forcing already to fix this but since we are not using a backup loader here anymore, we have to go a little older in our methods. There is quite a few tools you can use to patch Wii game's video modes, I found Wii VMC 2.2 to be adequate and simple, there was also other tools that xs4all found, and is using himself - bottom point being any tool that patches a wii game itself from NTSC to PAL video modes or vice versa, should be good.

I've also been less than subtle in my petitioning to include such a patching option to the script @KhaderWelaye hint nudge (if it is not too much trouble that is) - but for now, a little manual labour and your NTSC backups should be playable on PAL console, and NTSC people can do this to those few PAL games that are PAL only too!

Here is link to my shite "tutorial" if you can even call it that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-homebrew-support.483577/page-82#post-7596811

Reactions: MG4M3R

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else using this having an issue with the file named 0000000E.h3 constantly saying it's corrupted or unreadable. This has happened to me with a few different games and it's always that same file. I have to retry until either it succeeds or keeps failing. Injects come from both that iso site and that chaos site as well as Wii U USB Helper. It doesn't always happen and sometimes the files don't even copy over to my sd card at all.

EDIT: I think this maybe my sd card acting up because when I copy the folders open, it says it copied then I look and the folder's completely empty even though the space on the sd card is filled as if the games copied over. Does anyone know what this is and how do I fix it?

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updating the nfs2iso2nfs to the latest version and using "-instantcc" solved the problem with Sonic Colors :grog:

It worked flawlessly this time :yayu:

It worked for Tatsunoko vs Capcom as well, but you have to open and close the Home Menu to make the game detect the Gamepad as Classic Controller.

"-instantcc"
I have not heard of this yet, can you explain what is this? I had done my own Sonic Colors inject from my own PAL disc but not tested it yet.

If I am remembering correctly, this is to make the game detect the Classic Controller as early as possible.

upload_2017-10-10_14-27-9.png

I've reported before that you have to patch (probably) most NTSC games' video mode to get them to not blackscreen on PAL consoles, yes even on Wii U. Wii backup loaders had a video mode forcing already to fix this but since we are not using a backup loader here anymore, we have to go a little older in our methods. There is quite a few tools you can use to patch Wii game's video modes, I found Wii VMC 2.2 to be adequate and simple, there was also other tools that xs4all found, and is using himself - bottom point being any tool that patches a wii game itself from NTSC to PAL video modes or vice versa, should be good.

I've also been less than subtle in my petitioning to include such a patching option to the script @KhaderWelaye hint nudge (if it is not too much trouble that is) - but for now, a little manual labour and your NTSC backups should be playable on PAL console, and NTSC people can do this to those few PAL games that are PAL only too!

Here is link to my shite "tutorial" if you can even call it that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-homebrew-support.483577/page-82#post-7596811

This will be very useful for running Fatal Frame 2, since it was only released in Japan and Europe.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This will be very useful for running Fatal Frame 2, since it was only released in Japan and Europe.

Yep, and serendipiously enough; I found out this and forced figured this all out just to get Project Zero 4 english patched work on my Wii U.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff about video modes etc
I'll bookmark your post and look into it, almost done with my complete re-write, doing a lot of debugging and etc but if the Wii vmc program can't be ran entirely command-line based then I may just need to find what address are being patched, or what string it's searching for if it's not a constant location

I have problem with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Philosophers Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban, works perfect)
Please help me.

https://i.imgur.com/DRNODRw.png
https://i.imgur.com/uXYeAyX.png
logs:
https://pastebin.com/5iaHsGUm
WIT and NFS2ISO2NFS are both throwing errors about running out of hard drive space
Code:
!!      -> No space left on device [28]

Clean up your hard drive and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo