Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Vibrant-Blue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've used the newly released script in conjuncture with the most recent nintendont for an injected games meant to autoboot, and I still get a black screen.
I'll try switching to the other version of Nintendont tomorrow if I have time.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've used the newly released script in conjuncture with the most recent nintendont for an injected games meant to autoboot, and I still get a black screen.
I'll try switching to the other version of Nintendont tomorrow if I have time.

The newest version of everything fixes the stuff for me!

Make sure of the newest things, double check everything.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the gc homebrew injection for? nintendont cant run gc homebrew and vwii has no mios so?

I was going to test injecting GameCube homebrew into a GameCube ISO base, it's probably not a feature that will work or stick around.

whats the vNAND title launcher ? is it a new feature can we now launch wiiware?

@FIX94 made a Wii Channel Booter homebrew that can boot titles installed to the vWiis NAND, such as WiiWare or Virtual Console titles. I plan on implementing this.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, I can install GC game in USB of my Wii U, select "auto-boot" for each game, and only need SD for boot.dol?

I ask it because this way looks as if the gamecube game were as other app native of HomeMenu

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, I can install GC game in USB of my Wii U, select "auto-boot" for each game, and only need SD for boot.dol?

I ask it because this way looks as if the gamecube game were as other app native of HomeMenu
That's pretty much the entire point here, to inject Wii and GameCube games to Wii U Titles that can all be launched from the Wii U menu. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@FIX94 Not that I think this will be very useful but I'm testing out building GameCube Homebrew ISOs using dolxz and mkisofs, I'm currently at the point where I can boot the resulting ISO files with Dolphin but not Nintendont (a given that this wouldn't work). If you think GameCube homebrew is worth supporting at all whatsoever I'll keep testing with it, if not (and I'd say probably not since almost all homebrew also exists on Wii) I'll go ahead and just drop it now LOL

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not planning on doubling nintendonts code base to 200k lines any time soon so you should just drop it, supporting nintendos official sdk is difficult enough.

Lol plus, the GC Homebrew runs better on Wii xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is most of the time, I agree.
But keep in mind that Windows loves to run a lot of shit at boot, and not even mention that it does a poor job at handling resources properly.

Still though, hope you can get the injections working again with the latest build.
Let us know if you do.
Oh and please test RE4 Wii with it. :lol:

I tested RE4 Wii Edition, wont work, the only button working is HOME, everything else it doesn't, it asks me to plug the Nunchuk

Kantus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested the not64 with the last script and the gamepad was not working but the Wii U Pro Controller works perfectly, which is fine for me. I think @wicksand420 maybe can test the alternative Pro Controller to see if it works as well.

Vassall89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m confused, I’ve been using the latest Nintendont 5.466 2 or 3 days (i always update from nintendont itself) and all my injects woks just fine...and today made 3 more games using version 2.2.0 of the script and test it out for 30min each and had no problems....well i hope everything continues to work with the future updates

LPPanther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m confused, I’ve been using the latest Nintendont 5.466 2 or 3 days (i always update from nintendont itself) and all my injects woks just fine...and today made 3 more games using version 2.2.0 of the script and test it out for 30min each and had no problems....well i hope everything continues to work with the future updates
It was working for some and not for others but it seems the issue has been handled. No need to worry about it if it wasn't effecting you!

Reactions: Vassall89

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only will change if you use -instantcc in nfs2iso2nfs and/or the pre-patcher I've made, you sure you ran it through that yet?

No, I don't even know what is that... LOL

BUT

If you give me detailed information on HOW to do it, I am more than happy to help testing it! :)

Last edited by huma_dawii,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why booting into Nintendont from the Wii U menu just results in a black screen? The system reboots to vWii and shows the Wii logo, but then nothing after and I Have to unplug.
The fix for this oddly is to boot into vWii and run Nintendont. Then exit vWii and return to the wii u menu. Nintendont then works from there, but on the next boot I get the same issue again. I'm using a config and Nintendont version that @pedro702 uses. But even with another config, same issue.

LuisGerdez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, I don't even know what is that... LOL

BUT

If you give me detailed information on HOW to do it, I am more than happy to help testing it! :)
Keep in mind something, Resident Evil 4 Wii has a small bug. When the game starts with a classic controller connected to the wiimote, you will be asked to connect a nunchuck to the wiimote, then connect the nunchuck and start the game is that you can connect the classic controller to the wiimote and play.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind something, Resident Evil 4 Wii has a small bug. When the game starts with a classic controller connected to the wiimote, you will be asked to connect a nunchuck to the wiimote, then connect the nunchuck and start the game is that you can connect the classic controller to the wiimote and play.

Yeah but we are gonna try to patch it so it can detect Wii CC immediately!

Reactions: LuisGerdez

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only will change if you use -instantcc in nfs2iso2nfs and/or the pre-patcher I've made, you sure you ran it through that yet?
I bet this pre-patcher could be integrated into the script, since the entire game is unpacked by WIT already the main.dol would just need to be patched before rebuilding the ISO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag