Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet this pre-patcher could be integrated into the script, since the entire game is unpacked by WIT already the main.dol would just need to be patched before rebuilding the ISO

Can you explain how can I do that? Just for testing purposes, I downloaded WIT but I don't know how to use it LOL, also it mentions something about WAD? I have no idea.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bet this pre-patcher could be integrated into the script, since the entire game is unpacked by WIT already the main.dol would just need to be patched before rebuilding the ISO
in my original post I mentioned wit for isos and sharpii for wads for a reason...

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my original post I mentioned wit for isos and sharpii for wads for a reason...
Can I use any wad? or has to be a N64 wad?

I downloaded Sharpii and WIT

EDIT: Managed to extract a 0000001.app from a Mario 64 Wad, and managed to patch it!! :DDDD the only thing its missing is... well, the main.dol from the wbfs file... @KhaderWelaye HELP.

LOL I managed to EXTRACT the main.dol too!!! :DDDDD and patch it!, now what? where do I put the 0000001.app?

Last edited by huma_dawii,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just pack the wad back together and install it.
So I'm gonna have Mario 64? (I didn't have it before)

Is the WAD necessary only once, or I need it all the time?

So the two steps I need to do are:

Repack the WAD and install it on vWii? And then repack the wbfs and covert it with the script? When do I use the -wiicc nfs2iso2nfs command?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to install it in vwii mode with a wad manager, and then when you make a wii vc for it, you have to use my channel booter as main.dol.

I don't get it, I thought I was trying to patch Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition why do I have to make a WiiVC for Mario 64?

e.e nevermind, I thought I had to have a wad and a main.dol lol, main.dol is for Wii Games, and 000001.app is for the WADS to be compatible with the GamePad xDDD right?

is the repacking for Wii game like this?
upload_2017-10-4_0-8-6.png

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
e.e nevermind, I thought I had to have a wad and a main.dol lol, main.dol is for Wii Games, and 000001.app is for the WADS to be compatible with the GamePad xDDD right?
yes, basically the 00000001.app is the dol file name in extracted wads. I dont know why you even grabbed that. just see if the main.dol of RE4 gets patched (it should say something about GetExtType patched) and if it does, rebuild its wii iso and install that. If you would want to make a wad compatible that isnt then you would extract that, patch its 00000001.app the same way, repack the wad and install it.

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, basically the 00000001.app is the dol file name in extracted wads. I dont know why you even grabbed that. just see if the main.dol of RE4 gets patched (it should say something about GetExtType patched) and if it does, rebuild its wii iso and install that. If you would want to make a wad compatible that isnt then you would extract that, patch its 00000001.app the same way, repack the wad and install it.

Sounds great, do I still need to use that command -instantcc, and if I do, where should I put it in the Script? next to the -homebrew one?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds great, do I still need to use that command -instantcc, and if I do, where should I put it in the Script? next to the -homebrew one?
it depends on the game really, I guess on actual wii games you may not need it, also it would go into the game.iso and game.wbfs line obviously that reads -enc%nfspatch% right now and then should read -enc -instantcc%nfspatch%.

Reactions: huma_dawii

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on the game really, I guess on actual wii games you may not need it, also it would go into the game.iso and game.wbfs line obviously that reads -enc%nfspatch% right now and then should read -enc -instantcc%nfspatch%.

I'm repacking the game to WUP right now, will report back (didn't use the command in this repack, if it doesn't work, then I will use the command and see).

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test Done, the game boots and WORKS with gamepad !! using the patching system! I hope @KhaderWelaye implement it on his new version of the script! :D it was fun to try and see if it works :) @FIX94 thank you for your remarkable work!

@ShadowOne333 I think you will be interested in this....

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Test Done, the game boots and WORKS with gamepad !! using the patching system! I hope @KhaderWelaye implement it on his new version of the script! :D it was fun to try and see if it works :) @FIX94 thank you for your remarkable work!

@ShadowOne333 I think you will be interested in this....
What?!
RE4 Wii now works with Gamepad detected as CCP?!

Reactions: zeldaism and ploggy

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?!
RE4 Wii now works with Gamepad detected as CCP?!

Sure it does! :D the only problem? game seems to go CRAZY if you boot it with Wii Mote and Nunchuck(saying no to use the gamepad when launching the game), it presses buttons by itself and moves the stick and you cant control it, unless you unplug the nunchuck and then plug a Wii Classic Controller.... maybe @FIX94 that's something that can be fixed?

(Me Myself I prefer RE4 Wii Edition with motion controllers xD)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the side effect of the patch, the issue is that the gamepad emu cant properly send out the classic controller id for older games to the game so its patched in the game to always detect a classic controller.
Well, its a choice people will need to make I guess... xDDDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.