Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nitraiolo I´ve been trying to contact him by PM, but no response so far

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about snes9xgx for wii recompiled with liwiidrc? That one is much better than retroarch´s snes9x for WiiU
I like the wii side for emulation too, genplus gx had a great gui and played games wonderfully, the only thing we can do is reach out to the devs who made them and ask if it would be possible, maybe some of them miss the days of wii and are looking for a little nostalgia, i don't think it would take much for them to add fix94's libraries to there emulators though, and as far as i know there is no effect on the wii side of things, so it doesn't break anything.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting error with every Gamecube backup I try :(

Failed to load Ios58 from NAND
iOS open returned 102
Nintendont was started without Ahb permission

I have vWii hacked and nintendont normally runs without major problems
Can someone help?

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sumea's Mini Tutorial to PAL console brothers with Black Screening games!

So, like said earlier, some games black screen when booted on PAL Wii U through new channel forwarding to Wii menu, what gives??
THE REASON IS WII SYSTEM RELATED, AND HOW IT VERY RIGIDLY HANDLES VIDEOMODES. If game's requested videomode is not answered to by the system, say NTSC game requesting NTSC mode from PAL console, they black screen. Some NTSC games actually are PAL compatible (probably programmed in different manner or thought to be ported to worldwide release very quickly; Many nintendo games for one) - So this adds to confusion a little, when some NTSC games work just fine but others don't so it can't be a region thing, right?

Anyway: The answer is indeed videomodes, and making the game compatible with PAL console if you are PAL, and in some cases making a game NTSC compatible from PAL - This is possible for some PAL only localizations americans might want to play. For this we are finding "Some old shite". I got few tips from few old cougars and ended up finding wii VMC 2.2 (wii-vmc_2.2.zip) - You want to get 2.3 but you are a manly woman if you actually find that (I didn't)

Other tool you need is WiiBaFu (Wii Backup Fusion) 1.1.

After you have both tools, and your images in one place, use Wii backup fusion to open your image files folder. Choose the game you want to get working, right click on it and extract image. Destination should be something you can easily navigate to.

After extraction is complete, usually not that long of a process, navigate to your extracted game destination. Open the extracted game folder, and then it's "sys" folder. Easiest way to use Wii VMC is to have it's application on another folder, and dragging main.dol file of your game from the sys folder, on Wii VMC, booting the app to manipulate that file right away. I personally used Wii VMC's "Smart patching" and "NTSC to PAL" - this was quickly done. after that I used WiiBaFu to navigate to the extracted games directory, right clicking on the extracted game, and choosing "Transfer to Image" - I personally used WBFS for the luls but you can go with ISO too, I am sure.

After this pack the repacked image file with this script or whatever your heart yonders, and you should have a functional NTSC game on your PAL system, or Vice Versa.

P.S. There might be better tools for forcing the video mode change; I just have no idea about them. It seems smart patching is somewhat smart, defaulting to PAL60 as it feels to me (I am bad at seeing the difference of good 50fps and 60fps) - and there was no timing issues for me with Project Zero/Fatal Frame IV.

Until this maybe can be implemented into the script or something; doing it manlually to your Out of Region games is the way to fix problematic cases. I heard this is widely complained about issue so I hope this helps some of you out there.
My GC games and my WiiU are Eur/Pal, then this isn't useful for me ? (I get black screen when I launch nintendont wiivc AND GCvc games)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My GC games and my WiiU are Eur/Pal, then this isn't useful for me ? (I get black screen when I launch nintendont wiivc AND GCvc games)
No, your problem is likely a nintendon't config or something. I had blackscreening with Gamecube forwarder and too big of a memory card file. Try using smaller, 251 block files per game or something like that. Also making sure you have newest compatible Nintendon't etc.

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting error with every Gamecube backup I try :(

Failed to load Ios58 from NAND
iOS open returned 102
Nintendont was started without Ahb permission

I have vWii hacked and nintendont normally runs without major problems
Can someone help?
Are you using the latest version of Nintendont and the Script?

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I like the wii side for emulation too, genplus gx had a great gui and played games wonderfully, the only thing we can do is reach out to the devs who made them and ask if it would be possible, maybe some of them miss the days of wii and are looking for a little nostalgia, i don't think it would take much for them to add fix94's libraries to there emulators though, and as far as i know there is no effect on the wii side of things, so it doesn't break anything.

Let´s do it then! Let´s contact them. Actually, genplusgx is constantly being updated:

https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX

Reactions: wicksand420

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ploggy tried to get ahold of Mystro256 but no word on that yet, who originally did wii64 and wiisx? was it EmuKidid?
Fix94 made a pull request to Mystro's Github.
All he needs to do is simply merge it into the repo and that should be it for WiiSXR.

Extrems has been contacted by ploggy already, but there seems to be some more required information as requested here:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39513&sid=40b01b17ae452cb27d0a460e43798902#p39513

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just deleted the previous wiisxr build and made a new one.
https://mega.nz/#!JspDWBQB!T9JHiW2iBOr2tSJbA3xu1ogJ4ngf9Z3mZcyybHjwaEA
I corrected a small mistake I've made in the previous one and fixed a bug that prevented both autoloading and loading of button mappings and forced it to always be default on boot, it really pissed me off so I had no other choice but to fix it, now saved configs can be loaded again and setting to autoload a slot will ACTUALLY autoload the slot on boot as it should.

No, your problem is likely a nintendon't config or something. I had blackscreening with Gamecube forwarder and too big of a memory card file. Try using smaller, 251 block files per game or something like that. Also making sure you have newest compatible Nintendon't etc.

Sorry to bother I want to confirm with Eur Wii U owners please: anyone getting a black screen problem on EUR console with latest FIX94's Wiisxr build?
I've configured everything in the SD card : apps/wiisxr folder, bios, ...etc. The WII version itself of Wiisxr runs perfectly, and I already converted many games to installable format with no problem. But converted WiiSXR.dol only throws a black screen when I launch it from WiiU menu :(

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother I want to confirm with Eur Wii U owners please: anyone getting a black screen problem on EUR console with latest FIX94's Wiisxr build?
I've configured everything in the SD card : apps/wiisxr folder, bios, ...etc. The WII version itself of Wiisxr runs perfectly, and I already converted many games to installable format with no problem. But converted WiiSXR.dol only throws a black screen when I launch it from WiiU menu :(

Try using this forwarder when you make the VC and put the fix94's boot.dol on your sd:/apps/wiisxr/boot.dol

https://mega.nz/#!M74iCJoD!_yRob8hgMG2CYLDVLAz3H1XYTBHIGhk9TR7Eb2GQvjk

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: A Plus Ric

totaledcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wicksand420 Made the forwarder. I just had it on hand to pass it on!

Could you point me in the direction of the boot.dol please? I was trying to get wiisxr to work last night.

Also, I have about 5 gamecube games installed and they all work great, but I noticed that people are posting cheats. Does that only work with the forwarder or does it work with the installed VC channels too? And if it works with the installed VC, how would I set that up?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exrems has released a new Not64 version not 100% sure of the changes but it doesnt look like it has the Gamepad Controller patch.
https://github.com/Extrems/Not64/releases/tag/20170925
Maigaaaa!!! :DD progress LOL xD

BTW

Not commenting the commits?.... he needs to learn.. from someone who FIXes... things... and its very organized... so we can know what are the changes.. just saying.

Last edited by huma_dawii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-