Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

jml_hybs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
:) lets just say I've done well over 1700 injects.
sorry for bothering and quoting you from your post from 2018 but I desperately need some help, I am injecting Fire Emblem RD to my Japanese wiiu to no avail. Tried the US and EU region of the games, tried using wbfs and fresh clean ISO with "don't trim game output" tick on the injector but it is still giving me a black screen when I open it up. All the other US wii games works for me without a hiccup its only this game so far that is being a problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Anyone who have an idea how to fix this feel free to help. Thanks.

Last edited by jml_hybs,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry for bothering and quoting you from your post from 2018 but I desperately need some help, I am injecting Fire Emblem RD to my Japanese wiiu to no avail. Tried the US and EU region of the games, tried using an ISO with "don't trim game output" tick on the injector but it is still giving me a black screen when I open it up. All the other US wii games works for me without a hiccup its only this game so far that is being a problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Have you tried patching the video modes? In the advance tab in the program, right down the bottom, there is a Patch Video mode option, try playing around with the options.

From experience, the most common issue (that I came across) with black screen with Wii injections, specially with US region games on PAL WiiU consoles is the video modes. If a US Wii game doesn't have a video mode that the PAL region console supports, it just boots to black screen, and vice versa. Also try patching the ISO to a different region, using such apps like RegionFrii before injecting.

You mentioned that all other US Wii game works so that kind of rules out any specific settings you need, maybe Fire Emblem is looking for something specific in the console settings before it can boot? Make sure your console language is set to English, nothing else is connected to your WiiU USB ports except for external HDD (assuming your using one to install your Wii injects).

Honestly, I haven't come across many JAP WiiU owners doing Wii injects, mostly US and PAL.

Worst case scenario, maybe Fire Emblem is one of those games that doesn't work on JAP consoles, I had a few US Wii games that doesn't work on PAL WiiU regardless what settings/patches I do.

jml_hybs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Have you tried patching the video modes? In the advance tab in the program, right down the bottom, there is a Patch Video mode option, try playing around with the options.

From experience, the most common issue (that I came across) with black screen with Wii injections, specially with US region games on PAL WiiU consoles is the video modes. If a US Wii game doesn't have a video mode that the PAL region console supports, it just boots to black screen, and vice versa. Also try patching the ISO to a different region, using such apps like RegionFrii before injecting.

You mentioned that all other US Wii game works so that kind of rules out any specific settings you need, maybe Fire Emblem is looking for something specific in the console settings before it can boot? Make sure your console language is set to English, nothing else is connected to your WiiU USB ports except for external HDD (assuming your using one to install your Wii injects).

Honestly, I haven't come across many JAP WiiU owners doing Wii injects, mostly US and PAL.

Worst case scenario, maybe Fire Emblem is one of those games that doesn't work on JAP consoles, I had a few US Wii games that doesn't work on PAL WiiU regardless what settings/patches I do.
Hi. Thank you for the quick help! I also tried the patch video mode option but I didn't do anything and as far as I know japanese wiiu's are also in ntsc. Maybe it's the worse case scenario afterall. I greatly appreciate the quick response, Thank you very much!

Reactions: jeannotte

jml_hybs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Update: Holy cow, regionfrii does it. You're a savior mate. Didn't know it had an option to patch it to ntsc Japan at first so I knock that one out but thanks to you I finally tried it and it have ntsc Japan option. It finally works.

Reactions: xs4all

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: Holy cow, regionfrii does it. You're a savior mate. Didn't know it had an option to patch it to ntsc Japan at first so I knock that one out but thanks to you I finally tried it and it have ntsc Japan option. It finally works.

Great stuff, its been a while since I injected a Wii game so my troubleshooting methods is a little rusty :) But Im glad regionfrii sorted you out.

Reactions: jml_hybs

djmail199

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, I’ve tried the old teconmoon and it always gives me an path error. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the program is to download the updated sephiroths program in the link. Can anyone please help?

jml_hybs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey everybody, I’ve tried the old teconmoon and it always gives me an path error. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the program is to download the updated sephiroths program in the link. Can anyone please help?
Try downloading the one on github.

MajiinMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I bought a Wii U very recently so that I could mess with homebrew and so far everything works fine with injects except that when I press the option to play a game without the Wii U pad, I get a black screen with the game sound running in the back. I've read about injects locking up consoles but I haven't found anything on this so I'm kind of at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrVenkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just recently got the icon and banner for a Guitar Hero 3 Wii U inject. I am using the latest version of TeconMoon's WiiVC inject tool. However, when I go to select the images, it crashes every time and just says that there's no memory. Every other game that I own has worked fine, but it's just this one that's been giving me grief. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I figured it out. My computer didn't save the image files properly. It works fine now.

Last edited by DrVenkman,

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's probably a solution somewhere but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it. Injects work nice and fine on the main menu, but is there a way to make injects skip over the, "use wiimote" part? I've seen some mixed comments saying it's possible, and others saying it isn't.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason an inject of New Super Mario Bros. Wii in particular would fail to install? Downloaded a fresh .wbfs of the game to see if that would be the issue, still fails to install. All other injects I've tried have worked. Newer SMBW (the mod) worked. Using the pre-generated title ID as well as images from cucholix's repo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason an inject of New Super Mario Bros. Wii in particular would fail to install? Downloaded a fresh .wbfs of the game to see if that would be the issue, still fails to install. All other injects I've tried have worked. Newer SMBW (the mod) worked. Using the pre-generated title ID as well as images from cucholix's repo.
Not sure. That's one I installed with custom btsnd.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I've figured out my issue, the ISO builder for Newer SMB Wii that I used uses "SMNE03" as its Wii ID, and regular NSMBW uses "SMNE01" - the injector doesn't differentiate using the numbers at the end, and generates the same Wii U title ID. It broke because they had the same title ID.
Any tips on coming up with a new Wii U title id that won't break anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.