Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Basically I'm a total noob to this Wii U scene, bought a Wii U couple days ago and saw a YouTube video which for most games works fine apart from Super Smash Bros. So I was searching for help and traced back to this thread where I just made an account to ask for advice (great software btw makes it easy for basically anyone so props).

I'm getting an error which another user got above:
Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed
Error: not a game, game update, dlc, demo or version title

Only happens for Super Smash Bros EUR, I've downloaded it twice/copied multiple times, also used the copy to SD card method where it checks etc. it's how I successfully installed Pokken, but still no luck. It's one of the only games I wanted but I'm having problems. Could that error also be from lack of HD space? Cause I have less than 10GB left, any help would be appreciated.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi there,

Basically I'm a total noob to this Wii U scene, bought a Wii U couple days ago and saw a YouTube video which for most games works fine apart from Super Smash Bros. So I was searching for help and traced back to this thread where I just made an account to ask for advice (great software btw makes it easy for basically anyone so props).

I'm getting an error which another user got above:
Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed
Error: not a game, game update, dlc, demo or version title

Only happens for Super Smash Bros EUR, I've downloaded it twice/copied multiple times, also used the copy to SD card method where it checks etc. it's how I successfully installed Pokken, but still no luck. It's one of the only games I wanted but I'm having problems. Could that error also be from lack of HD space? Cause I have less than 10GB left, any help would be appreciated.
Usually this happens when there is some kind of special character in the path. I don't think it should be the case with this game though. Could you paste here the exact name of the folder as it appears on your sd card? A screenshot of its content would be nice too.
Oh and yeah, isn't smashbros over 14GB?

Pandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've uploaded some screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/hWNbl

Yes smashbros is over 14GB, but I thought it would've given a no HDD space error or something along the lines of that. I've tried it with 20GB free but the same error.

crater

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.crater.ws
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded some screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/hWNbl

Yes smashbros is over 14GB, but I thought it would've given a no HDD space error or something along the lines of that. I've tried it with 20GB free but the same error.
Might be worth trying to install onto a external Wii U formatted drive if you have one available

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm liking a lot of the new features, but I do wish there was a settings page so we could decide which ones we want.

For example, the new "Add All Updates" wants to download all updates - even past history ones for the same game. (like 60GB of extra data)
I'd be nice if that one was an option; either just the latest update -or- all past history for those that want it all.

I always wished the Game List Window would update the "Game Info" area if I used the keyboard arrow keys instead of only with the mouse click.
(If keyboard support was left out on purpose because of speed issues with trying update too many things then maybe only update after the the keypress stops for "x" seconds - or- maybe a simple press of the space-bar to update the current selection?)

Edit: - Since I'm adding my thoughts, I love the Dark Theme, but I wish the Game List would stay on the orange color after I select a game.
I can't see the words when it switches to Blue after I click on a game.

Either way, Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Jow Banks,

jde81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again everything I get from the app works great but what about the stuff labeled CFW? Is that not usable? Can I do with the wii u' s wii vc what I do with the wiiu games? What about eshop games and dlc? Unless im doing it wrong I cant get stuff like neo racing to install

Last edited by jde81,

Pandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Might be worth trying to install onto a external Wii U formatted drive if you have one available
I just ordered a 128GB USB stick, should be coming in tomorrow. Is there a specific way to format it for Wii U?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I adore your tool!

Two notes:
  • ® ™ and other special characters could be auto renamed/removed while (or after) creating the local directories to download the content into - just a nice to have feature to make your app even more shiny
  • I understand what you said to the other users about having to select updates and DLCs for each game manually but I absolute second that a multiple selection should be possible.
    Either by holding SHIFT or CTRL and selecting multiple titles.
    I think the best way is to auto select updates and DLCs for all titles selected this way because it's more common that someone wants "all of a game". It's more uncommon to just take a game without updates or DLCs for specific reasons so this should be kept for single selection (as it is now).
Just saying ... :P

Reactions: MSco

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm liking a lot of the new features, but I do wish there was a settings page so we could decide which ones we want.

For example, the new "Add All Updates" wants to download all updates - even past history ones for the same game. (like 60GB of extra data)
I'd be nice if that one was an option; either just the latest update -or- all past history for those that want it all.

I always wished the Game List Window would update the "Game Info" area if I used the keyboard arrow keys instead of only with the mouse click.
(If keyboard support was left out on purpose because of speed issues with trying update too many things then maybe only update after the the keypress stops for "x" seconds - or- maybe a simple press of the space-bar to update the current selection?)

Edit: - Since I'm adding my thoughts, I love the Dark Theme, but I wish the Game List would stay on the orange color after I select a game.
I can't see the words when it switches to Blue after I click on a game.

Either way, Keep up the great work!

Yeah I plan to add more flexibility in the next update regarding the batch command.
And yeah navigation by keyboard should be possible but as you said it might be problematic if you switch too quickly between two games whose resources have not been cached yet (banners and cover) and sometimes they might show up in the wrong order.
I haven't had the time to fix it yet, hence the limitation.

Once again everything I get from the app works great but what about the stuff labeled CFW? Is that not usable? Can I do with the wii u' s wii vc what I do with the wiiu games? What about eshop games and dlc? Unless im doing it wrong I cant get stuff like neo racing to install

You've gotta use a CFW to install and use those. I advise you to check the recent threads on this site, a lot has been coming up lately.

I adore your tool!

Two notes:
  • ® ™ and other special characters could be auto renamed/removed while (or after) creating the local directories to download the content into - just a nice to have feature to make your app even more shiny
  • I understand what you said to the other users about having to select updates and DLCs for each game manually but I absolute second that a multiple selection should be possible.
    Either by holding SHIFT or CTRL and selecting multiple titles.
    I think the best way is to auto select updates and DLCs for all titles selected this way because it's more common that someone wants "all of a game". It's more uncommon to just take a game without updates or DLCs for specific reasons so this should be kept for single selection (as it is now).
Just saying ... :P

I don't want to remove those special characters in the names of the folders kept on your computer to keep consistent. That said, please know that the app will automatically remove these when you use it to copy your games to your sd card. The game verification process being optional, it's as fast as copying it manually and will prevent you from encountering an issue related to these characters.
As for the multi selection I'll see what I can do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just ordered a 128GB USB stick, should be coming in tomorrow. Is there a specific way to format it for Wii U?
Just let the WiiU format it.

Reactions: lordelan

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing out the past version updates now with this app.. I'm getting a lot errors but we will fix them soon :)
USA update games all versions is 144Gb lol
EUR is around the same.
JPN IS over 1TB lol

Last edited by WiiuGold,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins...