Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crislink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i wonder if it's possible to bypass the passage of putting the games on the SD, then installing them on the hard disk via USB on the console... is it possible to throw the game straight to the hdd from windows?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to throw the game straight to the hdd from windows?
Not currently. The WiiU disc is encrypted with a console-seeded key. Helper would have to decrypt the drive, understand how to read and write to its proprietary file system, and re-encrypt the drive in order to even try to do what you suggest.

pressplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I've tried the proxy settings but unfortunately they didn't work to me. Basically, when the app is started, it tries to update, but since the proxy is not set yet, the update fails and the app won't start. So, I tied to start the app outside the proxy, of course update and startup successed in this case, but then proxy settings cannot be edited... It's a catch 22 situation, I fear... I think the best way would be to set proxy settings externally (by means a config file, e.g.) so that it can be used right at startup time, when the app tries to update itself.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you know this, but when you use the 3ds feature, DLC is not shown in the games to download. Games i know for sure have DLC keys on that site.

lingedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Untitled.jpg
i can't download it anymore. TMD not found. any help?

Bigmonty69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I want to say thanks for the great tool. It's working perfectly for me for every game I have tried.

My one question is does it it include all VC games? The reason I am asking is that Mario Golf is a VC game on the Eshop in Europe but I cannot see it listed in WiiU Usb Helper.

Thanks

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
View attachment 80662 i can't download it anymore. TMD not found. any help?
Hello and thank you for your message. The application is working fine on my end.
Either nus servers are down in your region or the application does not have write permission in the directory in which you store games.
First of all I want to say thanks for the great tool. It's working perfectly for me for every game I have tried.

My one question is does it it include all VC games? The reason I am asking is that Mario Golf is a VC game on the Eshop in Europe but I cannot see it listed in WiiU Usb Helper.

Thanks
The application only shows titles for which the ticket is available. Some titles are therefore missing.
hey @Hikari06 there is a problem with a game from usb helper, it is watch dogs, it is missing the 148 mb update
Are you sure there is an update for this title? I cannot seem to find it on nus.
I don't know if you know this, but when you use the 3ds feature, DLC is not shown in the games to download. Games i know for sure have DLC keys on that site.
Yeah this feature is not yet implemented

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: Bigmonty69

CuddleBear

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
noticed the 3ds support which is amazing and great! love your tool and love how easy it all is.
thoughts though, planing to add support for converting of the 3ds files to citra supported formats?

vampire168

Trophies
XP
Country
First off thank you for the author's hard work!

Now, whenever I leave the program on download my ram useage slowly increases from 20% (idle) to 100% after about 20min and once the ram reaches 100% my C drive goes to 100% too and everything becomes super slow. Even after the download is complete and I close the program the ram and C drive are still at 100%. Also say I downloaded for 15min and my ram useage increased to 85% and I close the program the useage stays at 85% until reboot. Any idea why?

Thanks

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
noticed the 3ds support which is amazing and great! love your tool and love how easy it all is.
thoughts though, planing to add support for converting of the 3ds files to citra supported formats?
I've looked into that but I'm afraid it might not be possible due to the encryption scheme of the 3ds which relies on a hardware key scrambler, not like the wiiu.

First off thank you for the author's hard work!

Now, whenever I leave the program on download my ram useage slowly increases from 20% (idle) to 100% after about 20min and once the ram reaches 100% my C drive goes to 100% too and everything becomes super slow. Even after the download is complete and I close the program the ram and C drive are still at 100%. Also say I downloaded for 15min and my ram useage increased to 85% and I close the program the useage stays at 85% until reboot. Any idea why?

Thanks
What you've just described appears to be a memory leak.
Can you give me more information about your computer, notably the amount of ram?

vampire168

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi yes
Windows 10 (up to date)
i7 4770k
2x 8 GB corsair vengence ram
MSI Z87 GD65 mobo
gtx 780 ti

Not sure if this helps but when I download games they are going to my secondary drive (local) and not my C drive.

Last edited by vampire168,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi yes
Windows 10 (up to date)
i7 4770k
2x 8 GB corsair vengence ram
MSI Z87 GD65 mobo
gtx 780 ti

Not sure if this helps but when I download games they are going to my secondary drive (local) and not my C drive.
Well I'm surprised because I know the app has always used quite some ram but it's done to speed up the file verification process.
That said, considering the massive amount of ram you have, I really doubt the app can consume that much. It's even more intriguing if you say it doesn't go down when the app is closed... It's normal for the disk usage to go up though since every downloaded file is buffered into memory while it's being checked. I had plans to reduce the ram the app needs anyway so I'll apply the changes sooner than expected, probably in the next update, and we'll see if that helps.

peepoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to chime in @Hikari06 and thank you for all your work on building this app. I'm amazed at how smoothly it works and how you've managed to make the entire "NUS to SD" journey a completely seamless and easy one-click operation. I've been using it for the past several days and can't imagine having to use any other tool.

Thank you! I can't say it enough.

vampire168

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I'll keep an eye after update and will keep you posted. Also the memory leak only occur during downloads. I left the program on for 1 hr transferring to SD card and is fine.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just wanted to chime in @Hikari06 and thank you for all your work on building this app. I'm amazed at how smoothly it works and how you've managed to make the entire "NUS to SD" journey a completely seamless and easy one-click operation. I've been using it for the past several days and can't imagine having to use any other tool.

Thank you! I can't say it enough.
Thanks for your message ! I'm glad you like the app :)

Ok I'll keep an eye after update and will keep you posted. Also the memory leak only occur during downloads. I left the program on for 1 hr transferring to SD card and is fine.
Alright, keep me posted, I've made some changes in v186, hopefully it will help :)

edcantu9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out about this great program yesterday. Totally new to this but have got about 15 games downloaded and installed so far!

Question-I notice you can download DLC. Lets say I want to add the DLC to Mario Kart 8. I downloaded the game and installed it, no problem. I downloaded the DLC but cannot install it to the WII U? any help or suggestions? is it possible to install it?

There is a lot of information out there, but this technology changes so quick that a lot of it is out of date. I assume it is possible to install it because it is being offered for download. But I read some posts stating it is not possible...

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just found out about this great program yesterday. Totally new to this but have got about 15 games downloaded and installed so far!

Question-I notice you can download DLC. Lets say I want to add the DLC to Mario Kart 8. I downloaded the game and installed it, no problem. I downloaded the DLC but cannot install it to the WII U? any help or suggestions? is it possible to install it?

There is a lot of information out there, but this technology changes so quick that a lot of it is out of date. I assume it is possible to install it because it is being offered for download. But I read some posts stating it is not possible...
Yup, it's definitely possible :)
You've gotta run a CFW first though, check out Mocha or Haxchi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2