Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this time with the latest version, retroarch channel doesn't work properly, I need to remove the 050_hbl_installer.rpx again to make it work. Anyone tried that work?
do you have bloopair module? are you sure you already updated to the latest version mashcell posted an hour ago?

Reactions: ZipMartin

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this time with the latest version, retroarch channel doesn't work properly, I need to remove the 050_hbl_installer.rpx again to make it work. Anyone tried that work?
Just checked, my Retroarch channel boots up just fine, but I did remove 050_hbl_installer.rpx, as it seems to be required to be removed for Haxchi created channels to function properly in Tiramisu. No big deal for me, I wanted to keep a separate Homebrew Loader channel as I always have anyway.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something similar happened to me. Turns out installing Tiramisu somehow deleted the sigpatch module on my sd card and that prevented all of my installed homebrew apps from working. Download the latest Tiramisu sd card build and overwrite the whole wiiu folder. See if that helps?
Well it turns out that I forgot to put the sig patch file on the sd card. I had it downloaded as the guide said but I never put it on. Silly me. :ninja:

Not complaining or anything, but probably could have been included in the "https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/" thing that the guide mentions. Instead is listed as a separate file not part of the main package file.

Also, the firmware version doesn't say 9.9.9 like the haxchi, is there anything I can do bout it?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Well it turns out that I forgot to put the sig patch file on the sd card. I had it downloaded as the guide said but I never put it on. Silly me. :ninja:

Not complaining or anything, but probably could have been included in the "https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/" thing that the guide mentions. Instead is listed as a separate file not part of the main package file.

Also, the firmware version doesn't say 9.9.9 like the haxchi, is there anything I can do bout it?
Why exactly would you need to spoof your firmware version?

Reactions: Kopimist and Lacius

dm123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just checked, my Retroarch channel boots up just fine, but I did remove 050_hbl_installer.rpx, as it seems to be required to be removed for Haxchi created channels to function properly in Tiramisu. No big deal for me, I wanted to keep a separate Homebrew Loader channel as I always have anyway.
Ah, OK, thank you. Interesting, since the homebrew channel can still work, but only retroarch channel hang. So maybe I missed something in this thread. I will keep that 050_hbl_installer.rpx as off in order to not break any existing homebrew channels.

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run my games on USB without any problem...

As a follow up to this, I went ahead and installed Tiramisu, removing my CBHC. Removing CBHC was pretty painless. I am also happy to report that my quick start menu does work properly and go directly into games. I use a WD "My Passport" 1TB drive connected to the Wii U via a Y cable in the rear USB ports. I also previously had the Homebrew Channel installed as a home menu channel, and it still works with Tiramisu. I deleted the miimaker HBL file off of my SD card, and Paper Mario Color Splash does work as well.

Overall I am quite pleased! Everything is working as it should, and htis heavily reminds me of the Luma type setup that 3DS has where everything just works on boot with no issues.

neph00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you so much for this. I had bought this used Wii U with haxchi installed and now I can finally delete the old users who came along. The problem is I need both their Nintendo Network ID passwords in order to to that. Is there another way of kicking them out without using their passwords or will I have to format the Wii U?

If there's no other way than formatting, the only thing installed to the NAND are forwarders to the homebrew channel and WUP installer gx2, but what else do I need to backup? Are my saves on the HDD where all my games are installed? Will each of those games still appear on the Wii U Menu after formatting?

U dont need to format. Just install SystemConfigTool and check these passwords.

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried to play some files and this is the result. autoboot plugins running on boot

mostly plugins created by maschel like padcon,swipswap & sdcafiine. etc.

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would call it an "pseudo autoboot". You have to press something to enable it. Autoboot is for me completely automatically. Turn the console on tiramisu boots tiramisu boots all modules profit.
i did that on purpose but it can be done to autoboot without pressing the health&safefy icon.. (i skip the last step on https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/autobooting)

i also posted here requesting to be added on tiramisu like haxchi autoboot elf config.txt file that you can really choose what homebrew you want to boot after cfw

Last edited by tehrzky,

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly, that's not all, that's just the start. Modularity is going to bring amazing things to the system. For now we have non Wii U controller pairing from system menu without extra steps, and it's just going to get better

I would say it's worth the hassle. It makes everything much faster and convenient.
Does that mean we will be able to use other controllers to configure wiiu settings?

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If we can emulate the gamepad...
I see. It is quite sad that, even with pro controller or willots we are not able to configure system (In my case it was quite problematic when my mic-b2 chip failed, and navigation through main menu was only possible with pro controller).

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we can emulate the gamepad...
Or some enterprising individual makes a System Settings homebrew app that does all the same stuff without a GamePad. (Except amiibo management, unless some mad lad makes JoyCon NFCs work)

AceyBwoi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've encountered a bug in forwarder for wii apps such as

Tiramisu loads : all fine
Boot pcsx forwarded : boots wii mode(gamepad enabled)
Play game: works great
Exit emu: black screen(required force shutdown) need to pull mains

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would call it an "pseudo autoboot". You have to press something to enable it. Autoboot is for me completely automatically. Turn the console on tiramisu boots tiramisu boots all modules profit.
Honestly I prefer the simple approach of having a title to quick start because it allows you to instantly decide if you want plugins enabled or disabled on any boot.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Bricking your console is way less of a risk, it uses the Health and safety app, which you normally can't uninstall by accident nor it is linked to a specific user account.
2. Updating is simple, you just have to replace the files from your SD card with the ones, you don't have to reinstall the entire thing on your console.
3. It can autoboot with other homebrews like Bloopair.
4. It supports quick start menu and standby functionality.
Oh the less brick potential does it for me. Is it easy to convert from CBHC to Tiramisu without losing my data?

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Paper Mario fixed in the latest version. :yay:

Now a question. What exactly the module 050_hbl_installer does? Is it only for loading the homebrew launcher via Mii Maker or it has others functionalities?

I have a homebrew launcher installed as channel that still works after migrating to Tiramisu. If the module is for only patching the Mii Maker, could it be omitted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: helo!!!!111!1!