Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
This is super cool! 🤗

One question though:
Why does the Tiramisu package here: https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu contain HBL 1.4 and not the latest version 1.5?
I thought the latest version is 2.1? That's the one I always have been using.

I think there's no problem if you replace the HBL .elf/rpx with the new one, that's what I did (because I didn't want to lose the improved dpad implementation GaryOderNichts made in his modded version)

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The MochaPayload, HBLInstallerWrapper and homebrew_launcher have been updated

Download the latest Tiramisu package here:
https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Changelog:
- MochaPayload: Run the kernel syscall with full kernel permissions. (thanks @Gary#4139)
- MochaPayload: Patch CheckTitleLaunch to ignore gamepad check, this allows to launch titles that normally require a gamepad
- HBLInstallerWrapper: Patch ACPGetTitleMetaXmlByDevice of the HomeMenu proccess to allow coldbooting into the homebrew_launcher without a gamepad
- homebrew_launcher: Support for additional control schemes (pro controller etc.) (thanks @Gary#4139 and @neoninteger#6152)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is awesome!
I want to attempt this, but I have a slight question.

I have Haxchi setup through a DS game.
Haxchi is only installed to change the DS game to boot the HBL, and that's it. I don't have CBHC.

With that said, do I need to also remove the Haxchi install in order to be able to install Tiramisu?
Or can I keep Haxchi with the DS game as HBL title and still install Tiramisu without issues?
Hello,

To reassure you:yay:

Me ==> console in 5.5.5 E (simple Haxchi)

I installed "" Tiramisu Environnement "" on my wiiU console, and all went well.
with the "Tiramisu Boot Selector" you will have the choice on 4 options, to boot either on:
1 st) Wii U Menu
2nd) Homebrew Launcher
3rd) vWii System Menu
4th) vWii Homebrew Channel

Me, I chose ==> 1 st) Wii U Menu:yayu:

I have no problem performing Tiramisu.:yayu:

I did not uninstall "Haxchi" (I will see in the future)

Thank you, to all the members who participated in this tutorial , especially to (@Maschell )

Last edited by jeannotte,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil

https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Changelog:
- MochaPayload: Run the kernel syscall with full kernel permissions. (thanks @Gary#4139)
- MochaPayload: Patch CheckTitleLaunch to ignore gamepad check, this allows to launch titles that normally require a gamepad
- HBLInstallerWrapper: Patch ACPGetTitleMetaXmlByDevice of the HomeMenu proccess to allow coldbooting into the homebrew_launcher without a gamepad
- homebrew_launcher: Support for additional control schemes (pro controller etc.) (thanks @Gary#4139 and @neoninteger#6152)
That's what I call timing, I just mentioned about the Homebrew Launcher with support for others controllers, nice to see it being used as default now.

Naaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
sorry for my ignorance .. but this new method after installing it. Would it allow access to applications such as wupinstaller without the need for a gamepad? (I say this because there are many people who have them damaged and where you live in Latin America sometimes it costs to buy one or it is too expensive) sorry but I use a translator

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for my ignorance .. but this new method after installing it. Would it allow access to applications such as wupinstaller without the need for a gamepad? (I say this because there are many people who have them damaged and where you live in Latin America sometimes it costs to buy one or it is too expensive) sorry but I use a translator
Yes, that version of HBL included with the latest update allows you to navigate everything without a Gamepad, but you will still need one if you don't have Tiramisu installed yet.

Reactions: Naaman

Joseph2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Have you tried NUSspli, you can download and install game itself in the wii u.

Español:
Ya usaste NUSspli, puedes descargar e instalar desde wii u.

Naaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Yes, that version of HBL included with the latest update allows you to navigate everything without a Gamepad, but you will still need one if you don't have Tiramisu installed yet.
Thank you very much for the answer .. great it will be very good since it would be easier to be able to borrow one for a while to be able to carry out the installation

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Time to catch up with the messages... :D

Thanks a lot @Maschell for your hard work! It is nice to see some love for the Wii U. If I might ask, why employing such a long/complicated chain of tools? (this is pure curiosity)
You can kill step if you want to, just put "payload.elf" from CustomRPXLoader at "sd:/wiiu/payload.elf". The PayloadLoader just allows you boot into multiple payloads (e.g. loading a fw.img and the nand-dumper are implemented as payload.elf files), but it's not a requirement, it just saves you from copy/pasting or renaming files on the sd card.

its working now. but idk why Hyrule Warriors not working anymore.
Can you give me a bit more information? Is this is digital or disc based game? Any updates/dlcs installed? If yes, where did you install the game/updates/dlc? Internal NAND or HDD?

Thanks for your great work :), is it possible to integrate fat32 with Tiramisu?
Possible, but veeeery low on my priority list atm.
what are your power saving settings? I couldn't get quickstart to work, but I only tried a restart once.
The wii u needs to upload some data to the console before you can use the quick start menu. From my understanding this happens in standby mode.
Just wonder if sdcafiine can be added to the setup module, then when console boots up, even the modpacks are ready.
Not without breaking compatibilty with other homebrew. Aroma will have proper support for coldbooting into sdcafiine though
Thank you for this!

Quick question Is there a way to run Tiramisu after the initial install without the sd card?
Technically this would be possible, but it's not implemented now (and now priority =( ).

If the channel needs to be updated, the direction will be provided. (Maschell said it needs to be uninstalled first, but it shouldn't happen that often)
Just a small correction: You don't need to uninstall the PayloadLoader, you just need to set the boottitle back to Wii U Menu.
Can this autoboot/implement padcon.elf into loading like CBHC Mod can?
Not without breaking compatibilty with other homebrew. Aroma will have proper support for coldbooting into padcon though
I assume any homebrew that one would want to load on bootup (like sdcaffine for custom themes via "layered" filesystem) would need to be specifically compiled as an rpx module? It's not as simple as renaming the .elf to .rpx?
Something like thats wouldn't be possible without breaking compatibilty with other homebrew. Aroma will have proper framework for such things though
Given Wii U is probably the slowest booting console of all time, does Tiramisu get to the menu faster?

I guess it is exactly the same time as CHBC, but I wonder if there's any difference in this regard.
Actually it is faster. CBHC is booting the DS game and then switchting to the Mii Maker to gain sd access. Because of FailSt we can give the PayloadLoader directly the needed permissions => we switchting the to mii maker, which should save a few seconds.
so, all modules being loaded MUST be .rpx?

i have a module called swipswap that's a .mod, would that work with tiramisu's autobooting protocol?
or can it be converted to .rpx?
See above. Aroma will have baked in support for proper modules (not only one time setups) and plugins
1. I would absolutely adore if someone could make an RPX for Padcon so it can be loaded on boot along with Bloopair. Padcon + Bloopair on boot would be the absolute pinnacle of Wii U modding for me. I'd even compile it myself if I knew C/C++.
See above.

Yes you are right, I might have phrased my question wrongly. Since the mocha module in tiramisu deliberately omits the sigpatches I thought this was intentional, in order to join efforts with some other dev providing the patches. Since there are not that many wii u developers nowadays, maybe Maschell could tell us where this sigpatches module is coming from/who is the author?
The hacking guide does not provide any reference for that, so I don't seen any other place where to ask about this.
Thats a third party module and I have no idea who developed this.
That would be a nice idea. There is a plugin loader (iirc from Maschell). Maybe he can make it usable as a setup module like bloopair.
See above. Aroma is the way to go

Just to be clear: Tiramisu is just a small side project made in a few days to give you something because of the aroma delay. The main focus still will be Aroma, so don't expect any more updates (beside bug fixes) from my side.
Aroma will be basically Tiramisu in terms of installation + coldboot capabilities, but it has really powerful module (and plugin) system to implemet most of the things people are asking for. Tiramisu is good step in the right direction, but aroma is a huge leap

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had CBHC and uninstalled it but still kept the DO NOT TOUCH ME channel where Haxchi
I think you only disabled CBHC from the config xml file to not cold boot it.
But the "do not touch me" channel is still where CBHC is installed, not Haxchi.

most guide said to install CBHC over haxchi (it actually replaces the executable), but uninstalling CBHC doesn't restore haxchi executable.

At least, Haxchi has the shortcut feature that CBHC doesn't have.
You can't use the "do not touch me" as shortcut to homebrew. if you launch it, it'll launch CBHC manually instead of being cold booted. There's no use to keep this channel in that state, except to launch cbhc sys-patcher manually instead of tiramisu.
Now that CBHC is not set as auto-boot (be sure it's not, check firmware version is not 99.99), it's safe to format the console, unlink NNID, delete the user or the channel.

Last edited by Cyan,

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you only disabled CBHC from the config xml file to not have it cold boot.
But the "do not touch me" channel is still where CBHC is installed, not Haxchi.

most guide said to install CBHC over haxchi (it actually replaces the executable), but uninstalling CBHC doesn't restore haxchi executable.

Haxchi has the shortcut feature that CBHC doesn't have.
You can't use the "do not touch me" as shortcut to homebrew. if you launch it, it'll launch CBHC manually instead of being cold booted. There's no use to keep this channel in that state, except to launch cbhc sys-patcher manually instead of tiramisu.
Now that CBHC is not set as auto-boot (be sure it's not, check firmware version is not 99.99), it's safe to format the console or delete the channel.

Oh I see, I got it all mixed up, I guess I'll uninstall that channel then for a cleaner installation, thanks a lot for the clarification.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell , thanks, I figured it out yesterday about standby mode as I left it off for about two hours. anyway, when I come back to the home menu, it always says that the usb device has been unplugged. this only happens when the quick start menu is enabled. I think it's similar to @NinStar 's issue of the same message appearing after exiting system settings. that doesn't happen to me, but the thing that's happening to me doesn't happen to him afaik. it's really weird.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all:

2. As I believe someone previously mentioned the forwarder for USB Loader GX on the Wii U menu by cucholix is currently broken using the current stable version of Tiramisu. It fails every time I launch with error 199-9999. This forwarder worked perfectly using CBHC, and I can load into the Homebrew Launcher and launch the program it points to, "hbl2ulgx.elf", and that program runs just fine when launched through the Homebrew Launcher.

I was getting the same error 199-9999 when trying to launch a Wii VC injection after I thought I had Tiramisu setup for autoboot with sig patches. It turns out I missed the last section of the guide. I would be sure you follow the Autobooting Tiramisu section of the guide AND the Finalizing Setup section.

I just switched over to Tiramisu from CBHC after weighing the pros and cons. Assuming you don't have some specific special setup with CBHC that you really like, Tiramisu seems like a direct upgrade. No more looming risk of brick, bloopair on boot, quickstart menu, future features and updates, and it even boots up about 2.5 seconds faster than CBHC in my timing. Thanks for keeping the Wii U scene alive, Maschell!

Reactions: jeannotte

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
As an ex-Haxchi user, got it panlessly installed and i would say this is a straight-up upgrade. Riskless autoboot and integrated Xbox/Playstation controller sync are amazing features to start with. Can't wait to see it grow.

@Maschell you have my thanks, i had already boxed my Wii U and lost almost all hopes for the scene. I love to start the year like this.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Changelog:
To update, i just have to do the install process again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: