Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated Tiramisu today and then reinstalled pretty much everything from scratch because I was having trouble accessing the installer payload (my fault -- I deleted stuff it needed on accident). I know I followed both those pages to the letter the first time around because everything it told me to do was already done. I've been booting into a PayloadLoader-injected Health and Safety on boot. I can confirm signature patches are present doing this because I can launch all my other forwarders, and when I remove the SD card and force a normal boot every homebrew app crashes the system with 199-9999 as expected. When I autoboot Tiramisu the only forwarder that ever crashes the console is the one for USB Loader GX.

I thought the permissions changes related to the kernel in the latest update might have fixed this, but unfortunately they have not. A full run-through of the entire guide from start to finish with fresh files from the latest update results in the same behavior as before -- signature patches indeed present because all other forwarders work without incident, but for whatever reason launching the ULGX forwarder guarantees a 199-9999 crash every time.

Ah, I didn't realize it was only your USB Loader GX forwarder that wasn't working. No idea, the only potential work around I can think of is for you to create your own USB Loader GX forwarder and see if that works. You could do that by installing a vWii Usb Loader GX forwarder, and then creating a Wii U forwarder to that vWii forwarder using the WiiVC Injector Script.

neph00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great Work!

I've unistalled CBHC na Haxchi. Installed Tiramisu and it works smooth on JPN console.
Bloopair worsk with DS4 pads:) Ive noticed one problem with BitTrip Runner2 USA on JPN - it freez on startup.
Another games work and they dont crash like it was with JustDance2019 on CBHC.

THX
BTW. I can help with polish transaltion of your hack guide and Tiramisu on Wii U if you plan to add different translations.
Can help with Aroma translation also.

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Maschell , this looks fantastic. I've removed CBHC and I've got Tiramisu up and running.

I am curious if anyone else is seeing a screen tearing (black bar) happening on the Wiiu Menu screen when autobooting , or when exiting the System Menu?

It only happens with autoboot enabled. If I disable autoboot for Tiramisu, or if I removed the SD card the screen tearing does not happen. It's purely cosmetic and it only shows up for like 2 seconds during the transition from the system menu to Wiiu Menu, or during bootup(only with Autoboot).. Its almost like it's trying to move too fast. I only bring this up as I've never seen this with CBHC, Haxchi, or with a Vanilla setup. (I do not have quick menu enabled)

Here's a grainy pic of what I mean = link

neph00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you Maschell , this looks fantastic. I've removed CBHC and I've got Tiramisu up and running.

I am curious if anyone else is seeing a screen tearing (black bar) happening on the Wiiu Menu screen when autobooting , or when exiting the System Menu?

It only happens with autoboot enabled. If I disable autoboot for Tiramisu, or if I removed the SD card the screen tearing does not happen.

I see it too.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

It only happens with autoboot enabled. If I disable autoboot for Tiramisu, or if I removed the SD card the screen tearing does not happen.

I see it too. If i have to guess anything, it's maybe a remain of the booting screen?

I dunno, i guess it's normal for now, probably fizable, but it only happens when booting, so not a problem for me.

Reactions: geoGolem and AQS

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

It only happens with autoboot enabled. If I disable autoboot for Tiramisu, or if I removed the SD card the screen tearing does not happen. It's purely cosmetic and it only shows up for like 2 seconds during the transition from the system menu to Wiiu Menu, or during bootup(only with Autoboot).. Its almost like it's trying to move too fast. I only bring this up as I've never seen this with CBHC, Haxchi, or with a Vanilla setup. (I do not have quick menu enabled)

Hello,

Me too it happens to me I reassure you, but it does not prevent from working well (it does not last very long 1 to 3 seconds approximately)

Reactions: geoGolem and AQS

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you give me a bit more information? Is this is digital or disc based game? Any updates/dlcs installed? If yes, where did you install the game/updates/dlc? Internal NAND or HDD?
yup there is update and dlc. installed on HDD.

i believe i found the problem and i open this issue on github.
https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/Bloopair/issues/44

Same here. Doesn't boot on my console as well.
maybe this can help you i finally able to boot hyrule warriors with update & dlc

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Paper Mario Color Splash

paper mario

same thing

Same here.

Ive noticed one problem with BitTrip Runner2 USA on JPN - it freez on startup.

I was able to test Bit Trip Runner2 and confirm that the GamePad bypass is what caused that issue. I don't have Paper Mario to test the same. If anybody wants to give it a shot, I compiled a version of the current Mocha payload without the patch to remove the GamePad check. It's exactly the same as the official version minus that one commit. You can drop that file into sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup. I'd recommend renaming the old one instead of just replacing it so that you can easily revert if you like.

EDIT: Actually, Runner2 launched the first time after I switched to this mocha.rpx, but now it's back to the hanging behavior. Looks like I overstated this as a fix, there must be something else going on here.

EDIT2: On further testing, it looks like the problem for Runner2 is with 50_hbl_installer.rpx. If I rename this file to, e.g. 50_hbl_installer.rpx.off (the .off file extension is not special, just so I know the module is turned off), Runner2 boots up every time. This also means you don't have access to the Homebrew Launcher via Mii Maker, however. Would be interested to hear if this fixes Paper Mario as well, though.

Last edited by Vague Rant,

neph00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was able to test Bit Trip Runner2 and confirm that the GamePad bypass is what caused that issue. I don't have Paper Mario to test the same. If anybody wants to give it a shot, I compiled a version of the current Mocha payload without the patch to remove the GamePad check. It's exactly the same as the official version minus that one commit. You can drop that file into sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup. I'd recommend renaming the old one instead of just replacing it so that you can easily revert if you like.

EDIT: Actually, Runner2 launched the first time after I switched to this mocha.rpx, but now it's back to the hanging behavior. Looks like I overstated this as a fix, there must be something else going on here.

Maybe its like @tehrzky said:

"test 3 without module hbl_installer & bloopair" <- with Tiramisu

I'll check this later today

EDIT: got both PAPER MARIO and RUNNER2, so i can check them

Edit2: BitTripRunner2 and Paper Mario working after disabling only HBL from Tiramisu Module.

Last edited by neph00,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT2: On further testing, it looks like the problem for Runner2 is with 50_hbl_installer.rpx. If I rename this file to, e.g. 50_hbl_installer.rpx.off (the .off file extension is not special, just so I know the module is turned off), Runner2 boots up every time. This also means you don't have access to the Homebrew Launcher via Mii Maker, however. Would be interested to hear if this fixes Paper Mario as well, though.
Yes, someone had already found the fix. That does work with Paper Mario.

Reactions: neph00

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't a conditional be implemented so the gamepad check isn't disabled if a game explicitly asks for it? Or a white list.

Reactions: neph00

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, Paper Mario, Rayman and HYRULE Warriors fixed with this (erasing 50_hbl_installer.rpx), i think we can use the HBL channel, so there Is no problem if you eliminate that module

Last edited by CESARE09,

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone else wants to switch to having the Homebrew Launcher as a separate channel instead of being over Mii Maker, you can download homebrew_launcher_channel.v2.1.zip from dimok's github here. Install the contents with Wup Installer, then delete sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup/50_hbl_installer.rpx off of your SD card or rename it to something like 50_hbl_installer.offrpx.

Last edited by Peninsula,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer