[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this normal or i do something wrong?
No, that's not normal. You have to install the CIA, not unpack it and use it with Luma's layeredfs. It's not compatible with that. Also, remove any crack you might have used for the previous Episode or it will crash.

Damin72

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, that's not normal. You have to install the CIA, not unpack it and use it with Luma's layeredfs. It's not compatible with that. Also, remove any crack you might have used for the previous Episode or it will crash.
It's funny, because i unpack CIA and use LayeredFS in Luma on clean version of game. =/

Last edited by Damin72,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a crack? 0_o
The official release of Episode 1 only worked with the physical Game Card inserted and much like Episode 2, only as a CIA. There was a sloppy crack made by someone else that you must have used if it worked unpacked.

We only support our own release downloaded from our Github repo linked in the OP.

1x2x4x1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 more episodes to go. Been reading the thread since 2016. I'll be following the team and the threads no matter how long it takes.

pepperooney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created an account to say thank you for the episode! The game is such a breath of fresh air after Spirit of Justice, and the music is much better (Reasoning Battle - Start <3)

Reactions: lylandackey

Sorion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going forward, do you think the next releases will be much faster now? You mentioned all the text/script is translated basically, and you seem to have gotten the hang of the process in creating a patch for an episode. Is it basically like an assembly line process now where you could see yourself completing episodes 4-5 and the DLC quickly and possibly the 2nd game incredibly quickly? Just curious <3 Of course you all still have jobs and this is a hobby, but there must be a point where you guys are "on top of it" and can efficiently chug out releases in a quicker time frame as you've already been going <3

Also curious about the generality of your translators. Would you say its mostly native Japanese speakers who learned English second, or English who learned Japanese second. I'm guessing its some mixture of both working together of course though.

Last edited by Sorion,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Going forward, do you think the next releases will be much faster now? You mentioned all the text/script is translated basically, and you seem to have gotten the hang of the process in creating a patch for an episode. Is it basically like an assembly line process now where you could see yourself completing episodes 4-5 and the DLC quickly and possibly the 2nd game incredibly quickly? Just curious <3 Of course you all still have jobs and this is a hobby, but there must be a point where you guys are "on top of it" and can efficiently chug out releases in a quicker time frame as you've already been going <3

Also curious about the generality of your translators. Would you say its mostly native Japanese speakers who learned English second, or English who learned Japanese second. I'm guessing its some mixture of both working together of course though.
I can't say, this depends on too many factors. Yes, there is a translated script, but we can't insert it verbatim, since it was made by only one translator doing it as fast as she could. Our focus is on accuracy, making sure dialogue flows right and sounds in-character. This takes time, as every line is seen by at least two different translators and goes through several steps of editing.

Since Episode 3 onward is handled by a new, more efficient process, we do expect to be a little quicker - but the later Episodes are also longer. There is sort of an "assembly line", as files have a certain status level attached to them - but it ansolutely won't be "incredibly quickly". I can tell you, however, that at any given time, several Episodes are being worked on, because of the different steps they have to go through. Also, we aren't completly decided on the DLC yet (it's non-canon if that helps), but we solved most of our issues with DGS2 and we're ready to work on it (there's still some cosmetic issues, but they're being worked on).

Our translators are from different parts of the world, but none of them is a native speaker. I'm not aware of any native speaker being involved in a current JPN > ENG translation project. English is of course taught in schools in Japan, but the number of fluent English speakers is much lower than in Europe (minus the UK of course), for instance. Some of us are self-taught, some have studied Japanese at School/University. There are ways to measure proficiency, so we do know who is qualified.

Last edited by Uwabami,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm stuck cus I'm dumb. I clicked the PATCH_DGS.bat and it outputted an folder named iris, but no DGS cia.
You can delete the .iris folder. What I need to help you is what the black window with the white font says when it fails (last few lines should be enough).

Lozzu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States
You can delete the .iris folder. What I need to help you is what the black window with the white font says when it fails (last few lines should be enough).
This good?
upload_2018-1-19_12-5-40.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This good?
upload_2018-1-19_12-5-40.png
Is the issue that I used the cia with updates? (Cus the cia came from a version with updates)

Wait, I got it, apparently the font is corrupted?
upload_2018-1-19_12-9-33.png

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This good? View attachment 111536

Is the issue that I used the cia with updates? (Cus the cia came from a version with updates)

Wait, I got it, apparently the font is corrupted? View attachment 111537
It would only work with a vanilla CIA made the way we described it. What do you mean by "CIA with updates"? The error means that the font archive in the DGS CIA was not as expected - in this case it seems like unpacking the CIA failed because it was still encrypted.

Lozzu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States
It would only work with a vanilla CIA made the way we described it. What do you mean by "CIA with updates"? The error means that the font archive in the DGS CIA was not as expected - in this case it seems like unpacking the CIA failed because it was still encrypted.

Sorry, so how exactly do I decrypt it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol his videos are hilarious