ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately there isn't much i can tell you from just that. I've been working on dtls lately (including adding error messages so i know where it failed) but for now it can be pretty much anything. Are you using the most recent version? If you're unsure i would re-download and try again. Are there resource(us_en)/resource(us_en).dec, or resource/resource.dec files in the the directory? If so, could you send them to me or open them (prefferebly resource(us_en) or resource(us_en).dec) in a hex editor and upload a screenshot?
Yep, I am. I've tried redownloading several times. I'll send you the files in the morning, I'm going to bed now.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I "found" and update file for 3ds lying around on the internet, so I wanted to see if I could extract it using DTLS.exe It gets to most character(if not all), but freezes after zelda. Im guessing this may be because it is trying to unpack some files with no prerequesite on how to do it because some files may have been added. Here is a screen shot. unpackupdate.PNG Also, if you need the update file I might be able to help you out. *slides link under the table*

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I "found" and update file for 3ds lying around on the internet, so I wanted to see if I could extract it using DTLS.exe It gets to most character(if not all), but freezes after zelda. Im guessing this may be because it is trying to unpack some files with no prerequesite on how to do it because some files may have been added. Here is a screen shot.View attachment 33187 Also, if you need the update file I might be able to help you out. *slides link under the table*
I noticed personally that update files will list all files in their entirety in the resource/resource(us_en) thing, but the actual dt/ls only has data it changes. When I ported crediar's dtls.py for updates I had to force it to skip files it didn't find, maybe it's a similar issue here.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, with the dtls extractor, it was able to dump the character fighter files, but not the other update files like support for amiibo and other things like that. Here is a change list in file sizes for the fighter folders https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vIpzDiR7iSxXOUgp5QAXz1zJmstKZdQNWYEQeM9KcJg/edit?usp=sharing It looks like mega-man, darkpit, wario, olimar, peach, Little mac, koopa, koopag, captain, littlemacg, lucariom, lucina, marth, miienemy(f/g/s), and murabito can be easily updated to version 1.1.2 just by copying their fighter folder, and some others can be updated by removing a few custom moves. Also, characters like ryu should fit over others like link. Ill try this theory later. I do not have access to a 1.1.3 update file, but I will post a new spread sheet once I acquire it. @darklordrs I didn't feel like creating a new spread sheet and It would be redundant to have two, so I just edited yours. If you want to remove the changes feel free. I made a backup on my computer.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'sall cool.

I wonder if we can 'craft' update files eventually. It'd make life nine thousand times easier involving modding, since we could just make a dt and ls for a mod and throw it at someone and say "put this in your 'patch' folder. build romfs. have fun."

Should be easy to do when we can build DTs with custom files rather than patching the old ones.

Last edited by darklordrs,

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been using dantario's master core, and I have a question. Is downtilt DOWNATTACKD, DOWNATTACKU or ATTACKLW3, and what are the other two? Also, this is starting to get fun http://imgur.com/IAF8srO
EDIT: It is ATTACKLW3

Last edited by Cydget,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been using dantario's master core, and I have a question. Is downtilt DOWNATTACKD, DOWNATTACKU or ATTACKLW3, and what are the other two? Also, this is starting to get fun http://imgur.com/IAF8srO
EDIT: It is ATTACKLW3

I hope your not depending on MasterCore to find animation names, i would hate for people to be doing extra work that isn't necessary when the feature already exists lol. Sm4shCommand can parse animations files to rename event lists from their crc([xxxxxxxx]) to the actual move names. Just click view->parse animations. :P

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope your not depending on MasterCore to find animation names, i would hate for people to be doing extra work that isn't necessary when the feature already exists lol. Sm4shCommand can parse animations files to rename event lists from their crc([xxxxxxxx]) to the actual move names. Just click view->parse animations. :P
When I click parse animation, it brings up a file select screen. What file should I direct it to. I have tried effect.bin, expression.bin, game.bin, motion.mtable, and sound.bin but there is no visual change.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about files in /data/motion, or motion.mtable?
The animation file. On 3ds it's under /data/motion/etc etc. It'll be a bch file for your character. On the wiiu it'll be a main.pac file under fighter/{yourFighter}/motion/body/

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small tutorial for you o3DS users.

Testing Moveset Edits Using CPUs
  1. Back-up your save data (I use svdt)
  2. Delete your Smash save data (not ingame, use a save data editor)
  3. Rename the folder that contains the Smash update (Nintendo 3DS\number\number\title\0004000e\000edf00\content) (the numbers are randomized for each 3DS) (This is done to keep your new save data un patched).
  4. Boot Smash normally
  5. Have CPUs play a match (you can opt to play yourself if you're edit won't desync the replay) with characters you want to test (not sure the exact limitations, as I've only test 1v1's)
  6. Save the replay
  7. Boot Smash through Hans with your custom RomFS
  8. Load the replay in Hans (CPUs will adjust to your changes)
Testing Modified Recoveries with Ledges
  1. Boot Smash through Hans
  2. Go to Smash Run
  3. Click Group
  4. Select your character
  5. You'll be able to play on the Online Training Stage ( as opposed to being stuck with the ledge-less Custom Room training stage

Last edited by Toad Stool,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the above tutorial.

I asked earlier about stuff involving Smash 4's servers, in case we could possibly form some sort of redirect so as to have seperate servers with less limitations or with mods, but a better question just occured to me:

Could we redirect the DLC shop?

Not so as to get free DLC, but so as to modify it to download full mods - such as characters or stages - rather than downloading an 'unlock' of sorts for data already in the game (the current system for downloading DLC).

This would probably require a good few modifications to how the game handles all it's stuff - for instance things that catalogue all the characters in a single file would have to catalogue them in multiple, or making it so the CSS sorts on it's own rather than having set ways to sort itself out for each individual combination of unlocked fighters - but if this could be made possible it'd probably make everyone's lives a thousand times easier involving having customized characters.

Though it'd be kinda hellish to download entire mods like PM or B- through something like this, it'd be really fuckin' awesome to see to me, IMHO.

Last edited by darklordrs,

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked earlier about stuff involving Smash 4's servers, in case we could possibly form some sort of redirect so as to have seperate servers with less limitations or with mods, but a better question just occured to me:

Not so as to get free DLC, but so as to modify it to download full mods - such as characters or stages - rather than downloading an 'unlock' of sorts for data already in the game (the current system for downloading DLC).

This would probably require a good few modifications to how the game handles all it's stuff - for instance things that catalogue all the characters in a single file would have to catalogue them in multiple, or making it so the CSS sorts on it's own rather than having set ways to sort itself out for each individual combination of unlocked fighters - but if this could be made possible it'd probably make everyone's lives a thousand times easier involving having customized characters.

Though it'd be kinda hellish to download entire mods like PM or B- through something like this, it'd be really fuckin' awesome to see to me, IMHO.
The dlc is sent through encrypted servers. If you can hack all the https certificates and break the internet its possible.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Figures.

I thought it'd be as simple as redirecting it to a completely different set of IPs without the kind of encryption you'd expect from Nintendo, but..

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the above tutorial.

All characters are in the game's update data, the only thing actually downloaded from the DLC Shop is an installable package tailored to your account saying which DLC you actually own. No, this isn't actually done through Smash, it's done through mint which does it through nim I believe.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All characters are in the game's update data, the only thing actually downloaded from the DLC Shop is a package tailored to your account saying which DLC you actually own.

I know, I know. That's why I noted that to make it work you'd probably have to change how the game handles a lot of that information, which.. actually sounds like much more of a hassle than a manual install at first tbh.

D

Deleted User

Will we ever get a video tutorial on how to start up? I don't really have issues with code itself, but I have absolutely no clue where to begin and what tools I'll need.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we ever get a video tutorial on how to start up? I don't really have issues with code itself, but I have absolutely no clue where to begin and what tools I'll need.

A. Welcome to GBAtemp!

B. You might want to migrate away from Smashville. Like, as soon as possible. Do you want to be cut open by a Sheik?

C. the following is a guide to using Sm4shcommand

- acquire 3DS or Wii U homebrew. If you don't have this, abscond asap.

- dump your copy of smash 4. assuming 3ds, use braindump.

- assuming you're using 3DS - the most accessible version to hack right now, as the tools to run your stuff are readily available without kernel level hacks - dump the 'dt' and 'ls' files using the DTLS file found in the OP, then navigate to dt>animcmd>fighter>(yourfighterofchoice). Those are the files that this program edits.

- make your edits, rebuild your stuff, etc etc. run with HANS.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here